The Official US Soccer thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Tierry would be interesting.
I like him. The USA allegedly wanted zidane who was not interested. My only concern with Henry is his overbearing style. He has said recently that he’s tried to be more calm as a manager as he has gotten older. So if he can toe the line and be more personable with the players then I think it could work. That said I don’t know his ability as a tactician. Certainly he’s been with some very successful footballers and managers.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
US U20's took their group versus Ecuador, Slovenia and Fiji, 3 wins, no goals allowed.

Now waiting on who their opponent is in the next round.

I haven't been able to watch a match yet, just have seen highlights, but 3 clean sheets sounds pretty good.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
One correction about group matches, it was Slovakia not Slovenia.

US wins 4-0 against New Zealand in the round of 16. Yet another clean sheet.

Now we get the winner of Uruguay & Gambia in the next round on Sunday.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What a joke. Worst observation of the day were the Mexican fans. The mexican squad needs to be suspended and if I were FIFA I would consider stripping their games in 2026 if they continue this behavior.

But 2nd to that is Greg berhalter? What a joke.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to record this, but I will probably go back and watch it. Which streaming service has this available? HBO?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Right. I cancelled Paramount. Oh well.
I should have cancelled it. I couldn't get the stream to work live, but YouTube TV I had no problems with Univision. Paramount+ had about an hour post game with their CBS cast that did the American World Cup coverage. they talked a lot about berhalter. I still can't believe that he's coming back. it really ruined a night that was otherwise a strong performance by the US team. If that is Mexico's team of the future, they have a problem. they looked like they did not belong on the same pitch with the US players. Unfortunately some of the USA players lost their cool after the match was over and the manager should have subbed some guys off before that happened.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should have cancelled it. I couldn't get the stream to work live, but YouTube TV I had no problems with Univision. Paramount+ had about an hour post game with their CBS cast that did the American World Cup coverage. they talked a lot about berhalter. I still can't believe that he's coming back. it really ruined a night that was otherwise a strong performance by the US team. If that is Mexico's team of the future, they have a problem. they looked like they did not belong on the same pitch with the US players. Unfortunately some of the USA players lost their cool after the match was over and the manager should have subbed some guys off before that happened.
There are a couple of shows I really want to finish including Evil and Picard, but I'll watch them later

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm out on the USMNT if this happens. What a freaking clown show.
it is a clown show. I don't know how you get past the Reyna and berhalter situation. I will always support the team, but I've never been a fan of Berhalter and I liked him a lot less after the WC when he basically threw Gio under the bus.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
There are a couple of shows I really want to finish including Evil and Picard, but I'll watch them later
I bought it to watch 1883 and 1923 and ended up not finishing 1883 and being disappointed in 1923. now I keep forgetting that I have it, but I just found out my kids are using it. I wish US Soccer had the match on a more accessible network to continue growing their viewership. that was a big game and they have some talented young players that seem to elevate when they put on the US shirt.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Berhalter wasn't a disaster, but he clearly wasn't moving the program forward in any way. We're wasting some pretty intriguing youth because we're so lacking creativity we couldn't think of ANY OTHER OPTION IN THE WORLD other than the bucket of mediocrity that is Greggggggg.

Pathetic.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Well another nations league trophy. It seems like this team has improved since the World Cup especially at center forward. I was a little worried today about the defensive lineup, but the defense was solid today and were even involved in the attack. Scally had his plate full going against Davies, but scally put in a solid performance. I don’t know what it would have been like if dest were out there. Weah also did a good job defending in the second half.

Hopefully berhalter was watching Reyna and Pepi in this tournament. How do they keep Reyna on the field.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Berhalter wasn't a disaster, but he clearly wasn't moving the program forward in any way. We're wasting some pretty intriguing youth because we're so lacking creativity we couldn't think of ANY OTHER OPTION IN THE WORLD other than the bucket of mediocrity that is Greggggggg.

Pathetic.
Jordan morris Greg. That should be berhalter’s nickname. It’s a crime that morris was more in the plan than Reyna or pepi

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
An enjoyable pair of games.

Mexico was an embarrassment, bit a good experience for some younger and newer players - welcome to CONCACAF

Not just from this match, but a rules frustration in general - a player can get body checked, shoved in the back, surrounded by multiple players and if they try to shove them away and their hands scrape above the shoulders it's an automatic red card....... Yet the actions that escalated to that point aren't penalized

You can push your forehead into someone, putting your head low in to them and they get tossed for pushing you back - I've seen it a lot this year

Jorge Sánchez (19) was involved in 3 different heightened altercations and multiple other incidents and doesn't even end up with a card

The US did dominate both games and i was really glad to see early goals

Balogun impressed and seemed to be building chemistry

Was nice to see Scally show a fair amount of his he plays in Germany. He's battled Davies at Bayern, so that matchup wasn't new to him.

It also frustrates me with Gregg coming back.

Scally was an afterthought to MLS guys. Reyna is an absolute engine, but was told he'd be a non participant in the world cup. Pepi is active and finding form, but Gregg would rather go with low ceiling Jordan Morris

What we saw this weekend should be the core of the team during intentional breaks. Add in Adam's when healthy and continue to get going young and developing players experience and let these guys build chemistry and understanding with each other

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Pathetic.
This is my stance also.

And keep in mind. Berhalter chose Jesus Ferreira over Gio Reyna and Brendan Aaronson in the WORLD CUP. His lineup decisions have plagued this team for years.

Fix the stupid drama, and let our #1's gel by playing them TOGETHER more OFTEN!

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The worst part of Berhalter being back is that it shows that USSF did not take the coaching search seriously, it was always going to be him and they were just trolling the supporters along the way. That being said I want nothing more than this team to succeed and I won't wish failure on the coach because I don't believe in him or the federation's decisions. Plus why are you giving him the Gold Cup off? Stupid.

Nations League was fun though, Mexico is a shell of what they were, they are in such a talent deficit right now and firmly behind the US & Canada. Canada is a strange case, they have a lot of talent but something is missing, I never thought the game was in doubt when we were up 2-0, they just weren't much of a threat in our end. That showed during the WC too, they just were disappointing on field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose