The Official US Soccer thread

lorenzotexan

Reaction score
This is the danger of sending one of our GK's to a team in Europe to ride the bench. Much rather have a guy getting regular playing time in MLS than riding the bench in Europe for "practice reps".
and you have to wonder if there are other teams in Europe that they could be playing for where they would get more minutes.

Lately I've been wondering about Pulisic, not at all the same argument, but he needs to be playing more. It cannot be proven, but if he were playing at say Tottenham, Leicester, or West Ham, he would probably play a lot more minutes, but would not be in the Champions League.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Here's an interesting take on Pulisic.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

lorenzotexan

Reaction score
Here's an interesting take on Pulisic.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
his dad should not have made that tweet, it probably upset Christian. None of these commentators are wrong, I think the last guy made the point though. Chelsea have a lot of similar players in their attack and christian doesn't really set himself apart, but neither do any of the others. I look at the role that Mason Mount is playing and I think that Christian and even some of the others on that squad offer more that he does, but I've always thought that. For me Chelsea are an elite club because they have a lot of interchangeable parts and they can swap the lineup every match and have a chance to win against any opponent. If Christian wants to feature every time out he needs to go to another club, but even that doesn't prevent this from happening there. I would love to see christian running at opponents along side Harry Kane and H.M.Son, I've always thought that would be a natural fit for him.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
his dad should not have made that tweet, it probably upset Christian. None of these commentators are wrong, I think the last guy made the point though. Chelsea have a lot of similar players in their attack and christian doesn't really set himself apart, but neither do any of the others. I look at the role that Mason Mount is playing and I think that Christian and even some of the others on that squad offer more that he does, but I've always thought that. For me Chelsea are an elite club because they have a lot of interchangeable parts and they can swap the lineup every match and have a chance to win against any opponent. If Christian wants to feature every time out he needs to go to another club, but even that doesn't prevent this from happening there. I would love to see christian running at opponents along side Harry Kane and H.M.Son, I've always thought that would be a natural fit for him.
The tweet by his Dad kind of surprised me as I know Mark to some extent, at least enough to know what kind of person he is and he was usually straight business and you need to earn your time on the pitch type of guy and coach. I'm sure he is quite proud of his son which may explain the tweet.

lorenzotexan

Reaction score
The tweet by his Dad kind of surprised me as I know Mark to some extent, at least enough to know what kind of person he is and he was usually straight business and you need to earn your time on the pitch type of guy and coach. I'm sure he is quite proud of his son which may explain the tweet.
I can't fault him, it wasn't the right decision, but it must be hard for him to watch at times. I also wonder why Pulisic hasn't played more. He has been one of their shining stars, especially in the bigger matches. He just hasn't been given any type of stability and I think that has something to do with his up and down play. I also think it has to do with his durability and the vast amount of big money players at the club. the manager must feel compelled to spread the wealth and try to manage minutes. Other players at the club have clearly voiced their frustration if not verbally, also through their body language. I don't think he should stay there. Chelsea are typically ruthless when it comes to buying new players each season. then again I don't know how their ownership situation will be, so they may be looking to sell players.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I’m ok with brooks but he needs more time to form a partnership with someone. He gives a lot going forward.
Unless Brooks game has picked up substantially, he's not the answer to fill Robinson's position. When he last played for the team he looked downright bad.

lorenzotexan

Reaction score
Unless Brooks game has picked up substantially, he's not the answer to fill Robinson's position. When he last played for the team he looked downright bad.
The last time I can remember seeing him play was the concacaf champions league final.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The last time I can remember seeing him play was the concacaf champions league final.
It's been a while since he played on the national team and I was not impressed with his performance. I liked the ********* of the two Robinsons and Zimmerman and the fourth is kind of up in the air for me although I lean toward Dest.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Brooks is odd.

He had always been a little inconsistent or maybe even a little timid/soft given his physical attributes and that would get him in trouble

Last year in the league, he started well and looked like he was rounding into a really solid player

Then he fell off a cliff, was bad in the league, bad in camp, bad in his appearance and bad to start the league

However, he has been playing better as this session has gone on and has been pretty good as of late

Maybe it's a confidence/mental thing..... Who knows.

It does appear he's streaky - so I'd definitely have him in camp for the friendless given his current form...... I just wouldn't pencil him in as a solid fixed piece of the starting 11

lorenzotexan

Reaction score
I feel like brooks has not had enough time with the national team. He is clearly the best attacking defensive center back that we have. He likes being on the ball and that is important if you want to be a real player. But I feel like he leaves a lot to be desired defending. I think that comes down to playing time and forming chemistry with your other defenders.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think Brooks has a chance to make the team, but not start

I’d guess Robinson-Richards-Zimmerman-Dest would be the starters right now

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking8687