The Official Soccer Transfers / Rumors thread

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Felt like we needed one of these to keep track of interest of teams on some players we follow

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Barcelona - Cesc Fabregas

Manchester United/Arsenal - Joe Cole

Barcelona - Fernando Torres

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur are battling to pip Lazio to the signing of Mexico World Cup 2010 super-sub Pablo Barrera, according to the Daily Mail.

The Pumas wide man has followed impressive domestic campaign with his performances in South Africa and has already attracted a loan bid from the Serie A. Despite offering to make the deal permanent in a year's time for £3 million, the switch was rejected.

The same scouts that recommended £10 million United signing Javier Hernandez are believed to have alerted Sir Alex Ferguson to the player and the manager could be set to move in. Spurs are also set to enter the race for the tricky winger who notched 12 goals in 28 league games last term.
link

It'd be great to have another Mexican in the EPL. Barreras got Ronaldo-like speed and can eventually develop into a nice replacement for Giggs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Mexico international Giovani Dos Santos has been recommended to Preziosi, who is now weighing up making an offer to Spurs for the winger.

Espanyol and Porto are also keen on the former Barcelona midfielder.

link

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Another member of the Mexico squad, Jose Andres Guardado, could be Premier League-bound. According to the Daily Mirror, Martin O'Neill will bid for the 23-year-old midfielder whether he remains as Aston Villa manager or takes up another position, at either Liverpool or Fulham.
link

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Efrain Juarez y Pablo Barrera interesan a Lazio, segun prensa italiana

"El nombre de Pablo Barrera sigue en la mira de los clubes europeos, esta vez lo ubican en la órbita de la Lazio, pero la diferencia con otra información al respecto, es que en esta ocasión el club italiano estaría interesado también en contratar a Efraín Juárez."

With as physical as Juarez was with Gerrard, i thought for sure he'd be EPL bound. Guess Italys shown most interest in him

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Jay Demerit : The US full back, who was at Watford for six years, is now a free agent. Blackwell said that one of the quartet of players he was looking at was currently at the World Cup, is it Jay?
Link

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Starting right back Steve Cherundolo is a free agent in extension talks with Hannover 96 as he fields competing interest from England, France, Germany and Italy.
link

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This was just a blurb I read at ESPN, but Mancini at Manchester City hinted that they might try to go after Ibrahimovich from Barcelona in a deal that would swap Ibra for Robinho. Not reading too much into it, though. If this phantom Fernando Torres rumor is still out there, we aren't going to swap Ibra for another striker.

Link

Barcelona IMO doesn't need to do much tweaking at all. Even if the Fabregas thing falls through, I still think Barca is the best team in Europe. Losing Yaya Toure and Thierry Henry but gaining David Villa is a win for Barca as far as I'm concerned.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I heard Cherundolo signed a 2 yr extension with Hannover last week.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
One more rumour that Evertonians everywhere would like to see evolve is the possibility that Landon Donovan’s short stint at Goodison could be transformed into a permanent move somehow. Recent revelations about his wages in LA (amounting to around £25,000 a week) have convinced many that he is not out of our price range, but his performances in the World Cup will not have gone un-noticed by the rest of the market. With the USA topping Group C, it is now reasonable to assume that they could very well progress past Ghana and the winners of Uruguay and South Korea and reach a World Cup semi-final. Their opponents at this stage are likely to be one from Brazil, Spain or Holland. All outstanding sides that would be strong favourites to beat the USA, but all with one thing in common – all three would list their most vulnerable position as Left-Back! So; Donovan fires in at least one more en-route to the semis and then puts in a brave performance in defeat against one of the World’s best teams. The stand-out superstar of the American side will be elevated to World superstar and ultimately priced out of a move to Everton – regardless of whether that’s where he wants to be or not.

I think we need to forget about Landon as a permanent transfer...

http://www.toffeeweb.com/season/09-10/comment/fan/15361.html

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If it happens, that's going to be an expensive signing. We're talking Beckham levels, easily. No way the Galaxy (or the MLS) are going to give him up for anything but a king's ransom.
How much do you think though? If Donovan says he wants to go MLS will have to think of the positives that could come from this. Especially as he would be playing in the best league in the World, showing what a good MLS export can do.

£10m?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How much do you think though? If Donovan says he wants to go MLS will have to think of the positives that could come from this. Especially as he would be playing in the best league in the World, showing what a good MLS export can do.

£10m?

The Galaxy would demand more than that. They overpriced Beckham when AC Milan had him, and my understanding is that Everton offered very little for him a few months ago.

Sure, I guess in a roundabout way, having Donovan be successful in Europe helps the MLS, but not as much as the potential money gained or lost if Landon remains on American soil.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Galaxy would demand more than that. They overpriced Beckham when AC Milan had him, and my understanding is that Everton offered very little for him a few months ago.

Sure, I guess in a roundabout way, having Donovan be successful in Europe helps the MLS, but not as much as the potential money gained or lost if Landon remains on American soil.
Everton had no money though. Man City do. If they feel he will help their squad they would bid good money. £10 is about $14/15m so not bad. If they could get $20m i'm sure they would take it. He had a good tournament and they press in the UK seem to love him right now. I do think Everton or a club like Spurs would be better for him though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reports I saw had Man U only offering Donovan around 4M per year.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You meant ManCity, right?

Don't wanna see Donovan anywhere near Little Pea :p

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

That's gotta be a joke.

And players are property of their respective teams unless they are out of contract. Man U, if this is true, can't offer Donovan anything. They have to approach his club first (LA Galaxy).

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You meant ManCity, right?

Don't wanna see Donovan anywhere near Little Pea :p
You have now reached your limit of cutesy nicknames for soccer players. One more, we will have to ask for your man card.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol I didn't come up with it. Its what the brits are calling him

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That would be his contract and doesn't mean anything in terms of a transfer fee. Football doesn't work like most North American sports.

If they are offering him a contract of 4m per year (I take it you meant $) then that isn't bad wages at all.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

West Ham United are believed to be readying a £6 million bid to acquire the services of Mexico and UNAM Pumas midfielder Efrain Juarez.

The versatile midfielder, who can also play in the right-back position, is interested in pursuing his career in the Premier League, according to The Sun.

The east London club are reported to be keen on completing the deal in the coming weeks, following Mexico's exit from the 2010 World Cup.

Juarez initially began his career at Pumas, before making a move to Barcelona. But following a difficult time with the Catalan giants, he transferred back to th

link

This would be a great move for West Ham. Juarez did a phenomenal job of keeping Gerrard, Pirlo, Ribery, and Messi in check during the games before/during the world cup. Hes shown he can run with the best of the, and be physical enough for the EPL. With as shallow as West Ham's right back pool is, there is no doubt he can land a strating gig here :-D

DO IT West Ham!!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA