The official, no particular subject, "My thoughts" P&R thread

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Linderbee, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Linderbee

Linderbee Let's GO, CARDINALS! Contributor

Feel free to just vent, say your peace, whatever, here. Here are mine:

1) Trump is a vile, disgusting human being. I was just telling a friend that he does not deserve the HONOR of running this country. I find him utterly despicable as a person. I've had a man in a position of power touch my genitals because he could. I've never gotten over it, and Trump's comments that he can do whatever he wants to women is something I can never forgive. This wasn't said by a young man, brash & full of testosterone & just being stupid. This was said by a man that was almost 60 years old. That's how he has lived his whole life. This wasn't a suddenly new position that an immature kid might grow out of. This is him. It makes me physically ill to think about it.

2) I PRAY that I am wrong about the direction this country will go under his..."leadership". I have never wanted to be more wrong in my life. I want to eat a plate of crow so large that I have to purge repeatedly to finish it.

3) Despite my feelings in 1), this is our president, like it or not. I do not respect the man, but I respect that the country, no matter how stupid and misguided I feel they are, has spoken. I will not refer to him by stupid nicknames, I will not call for his death, I will not lower myself to an elementary school level kid to get my point across. He's the President (elect). I'll call him by his title, even if I have to choke on it to say it. I am better than those that refer to our Presidents past and President future by anything other than the title he's earned, and by the name he received at birth.

4) Calling for obstructionism just to get even with Republicans for doing exactly that for the last 8 years is stupid. It was damaging to our country then, and it's damaging to our country now. I applaud Bernie (don't get me started on how much I wish he'd won the primary) for saying he will work with Congress to achieve what is good for the country and will fight for what is bad. This is how it should always be, and sinking to the levels displayed by the Republicans for the last 8 years is wrong. Two wrongs never make a right.

5) Saying that the "elitism" is what caused Trump to win is a fallacy to me. The numbers flat out say otherwise. He had WAY FEWER votes than Romney or McCain did. The country is not in love with this man...he didn't run away with the presidency. THIS LOSS IS ON THE DNC, PERIOD. If you are unhappy with the results, THEN DO MORE TO MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T HAPPEN AGAIN IN 4 YEARS. The blue half of this country got complacent, and relied too heavily on what I will call "Purple People" to vote blue. This is Hillary's fault for not showing up in Wisconsin.

6) I find it ironic that those that are largely responsible for voting the man in, are the same ones that are likely to be most damaged by his presidency. Trickle-down economics does not work, never has, never will. The rich like being rich, and when they receive tax breaks, they're just going to take that money & keep it. They're not going to create new jobs with that money. History has proven this. I'm VERY fortunate that I work in an industry that is run by the rich getting richer (litigation support). It's quite possible that this presidency will be financially beneficial to me. I'd gladly trade that to have the next four years be financially beneficial to my fellow man. I am not rich by any standard, but I have all I need. I don't need more; plenty of others do.

7) IF this presidency creates a Supreme Court that results in my daughter losing her right to marry, I SWEAR TO GOD AND EVERYTHING HOLY, I WILL 100% CUT OUT OF MY LIFE ANYONE THAT VOTED FOR TRUMP. I pretty much know who's on that list (I don't believe Brian is actually, for any of you wondering, because I don't believe he votes--and even if he actually did vote, I don't know if he would have voted Trump). I cannot associate with people that actively participated in denying my daughter her right to the one thing she has been dreaming of her entire life that is a basic fundamental right we should all have. I just have to hope it never comes to that.

I've forgotten plenty just in course of typing out this novel (I feel like I'm giving CF88 a run for his money, here!) and I'm sure I'll have more in the days to come. If you want to post here, please do, but keep it clean and don't troll. Basic rules of the board still apply.

2. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Epic post Linderbee. :notworthy:

3. Linderbee

8) All the people that are now shouting from the rooftops, "Your person lost--you need to get over it!!!" are the EXACT same people that have COMPLAINED, NONSTOP, for the last 8 years. SHUT UP. We've had TWO DAYS. You had TWO THOUSAND, NINE HUNDRED, AND TWENTY days to get over it and you never did. Stop being a hypocrite. We're licking our wounds, and will move on eventually. (or we won't, but either way, you never did, so you're still a hypocrite)

FLIP SIDE: If you are someone that told McCain/Romney supporters to shut up & deal with it, then do the same yourself.

Bert, 82CardsGrad and Azlen like this.
  4. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

can't add anything else here but ALL OF THIS.

5. Linderbee

9) I don't believe Trump is anti-gay. I don't think he cares one way or the other about gay rights. As such, I think the people that he is surrounding himself with that ARE anti-gay, will be able to have his ear and get their way. They'll tell him that this is what his constituents want, and he'll just be like, "Ok, whatever" because he just doesn't care about the issue.

82CardsGrad and nashman like this.
  6. Cardsfanstl

Cardsfanstl Registered

Great Post. You feel exactly how I feel.

Redneck Voodoo and Linderbee like this.
  7. LVG

LVG Who?! Contributor

This is a wonderful post, Linder.

I can't add much more to it, except this: there are those of us who know that the changes to government are going to be radical. And for those who are admitted to the bar and who are so inclined, we're preparing to do everything within the full extent of the law to legally challenge these proposed draconian policies in a court of law.

I stand with your daughter. And while she will bear the brunt of it, I and others who believe as I do will fight for her.

Linderbee, jf-08, 82CardsGrad and 2 others like this.
  8. MrYeahbut

MrYeahbut 4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon Contributor

This whole mess has brought out the worst in me... Just disgust on a visceral level.

I know people that just hated Obama and are gloating now.. Totally classless. Many are business associates and tough to get away from, at least in the short term.

I haven't been this angry in a long, long time, not so much for Trump's policies, a few of which I can live with, but I can't even look at the dude. Just revolts me. His disregard for others is far beyond anything I've experienced, this coming from a drug addict who sent years with lowlifes.

It's not like I've been some kind of saint in my own life and am taking some kind of half ass high moral ground here. I'm just repulsed, no other way for me to put it. But it is what it is and like many other things in my life, I have to come to terms with acceptance. I'll be the worse for it until I do.

9. D-Dogg

D-Dogg A Whole New World Contributor

Wow. Just wow.

I love this post. Very solid across the board.

6/5 with the extra credit add ons.

Bert and Redneck Voodoo like this.
  10. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

I want to share with you the part of conversation I had with my Friend of 25 years who's family came here as permanat residents from Panama almost 4 decades ago:

"Completely disoriented and no longer feel welcome in this country..."

"I wasn't born here and I didn't seek citizenship for 39 years of my time here. Then I pulled the trigger in 2013. It's been washed away. I am not welcome or safe in this country. "

nashman likes this.
  11. Redneck Voodoo

Redneck Voodoo Registered

You tell them: From someone who is from one of the most red states in the country; Yes, you are welcome. You are part of this country... you are this country. This is still my country, therefore, it is yours. Tell them, Nelson Webb from southwest, Missouri says, "you are one of us."

To all of you: These are only the birth pangs of a new day. Historically, it is always the most violent when the old ways are dying out. It is always the most painful. It is their last ditch effort. A new day is on the horizon and this is only the darkness before the dawn. It is a weak darkness. Screw Trump and his minions. They are not the future.

I am a 59 year-old, retired, white guy and if you saw me you'd think I was a Trump voter. I retired from the corporate world to build furniture from barn wood and old pallets. I don't need the money but if I did, it wouldn't be any different. I am from a family of military and law-enforcement, all of whom, share my convictions. Screw these fools. We are Americans...the new Americans... the same Americans that built this free society. I, for one, feel privilaged to be a witness to this new day - even if I only get to experience it for a short time.

Incurable Leukemia (no pity, I have none for myself) will probably keep me from seeing the full potential of this new America. But by God (whoever that is) don't let it stop you all from fighting for it and enjoying it. I know I won't. Birth pangs, my friends... birth pangs.

Respect all opinions... fight for you own.

12. Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen Moderator Contributor

:thumbup::thumbup:

13. NeverSayDieFan

NeverSayDieFan Registered

Hey! Linderbee. Words straight from your heart. I "felt" your letter more than just "read" it. From my wife & I's perspective we're praying for this country and its leadership. We know that in this world we may not get a fair deal. But, we also believe that...GOD KNOWS! That the wrongs will be righted at some point. To us the word "righteous" means "fair." We sincerely hope and pray that your dreams...and those of your precious daughter...come true. She is blessed to have YOU in her corner.

Mark and Nadia :)

Linderbee and Bert like this.
  14. az240zz

az240zz Registered

Well said by all...

jf-08 likes this.
  15. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

Some companies get reduced taxes and just put the money in the bank.

Many small business in my family and close friends are ecstatic about reduces taxes because they were not able to grow their companies anymore due to the high tax cost.

I have one buddy whos company made 1.2 million last year, the highest rated in their sector and was considering closing shop because he needs more employees but between his current tax rate the the mandates of adding his 50th employee, he is not able to.

SO while trickle down economics can be used for greed, it does also create more jobs. nothing is black and white.

When the alternative is tax more and spread that money to everyone else, that doesn't always work either.

so...