Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marthon all day today.

I wish I was at home. :(

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
The new original L&O should be starting soon.

McCoy is the new DA
Linus Roache is the new Executive ADA (the dad on Kidnapped)
Jeremy Sisto looks to be Green's partner
Same assistant ADA

New castings look to be promising.

According to IMDB.com new episodes start Wednesday!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesse L. Martin is leaving after nine seasons.

Rumored replacement: Anthony Anderson. :|

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
Jesse L. Martin is leaving after nine seasons.

Rumored replacement: Anthony Anderson. :|

I seen the preview tonight is Det. Green's last episode.

I like Jeremy Sisto so the transition will be easier and every time somebody left (Lenny, Bratt, Big) it seemed as though the show would suffer.

But it's a great show that has stood the test of time and I like Anthony Anderson. I liked him in that New Orleans cop show and in most other stuff he's in.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Anthony Anderson too.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Liv almost getting R'd in the last SVU ep was :creepy:

The writers seem to be setting her character up for some personality confusion. She's been more and more vigilant, a bit more of a risk taker lately.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.thewrap.com/article/merkerson-leaving-law-order-15915

S. Epatha Merkerson leaving 'L&O'
By the Hollywood Reporter
Published: April 02, 2010

S. Epatha Merkerson is leaving "Law & Order."

Merkerson, who has been on the veteran NBC series longer than any other cast member, has asked producers to be released after the current 20th season.

She made the request before the cop drama was to enter production on the last episode of the season so her character could be given an appropriate send-off.

----------------------------------------------

:thud:

She's been in nearly 400 episodes.

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
I think if Sam Waterston left the show also, the show would go as well despite numerous cast changes. He and Epatha have been on there the longest of the cast members in twenty years!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Not surprised she's leaving

But a few episodes ago, they had a cameo by Detective Curtis, which prompted many people to wonder if he was coming back on a regular basis. Is it possible he returns and takes Van Buren's job?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Law & Order' Canceled

One ‘Law & Order’ Gets a Death Sentence, as Another Joins the Force
By BRIAN STELTER and BILL CARTER
May 15, 2010

The Dodgers. “The Tonight Show.” Now “Law & Order.”

NBC confirmed on Friday that another cherished New York brand was moving to Los Angeles. The network canceled the original “Law & Order” series after keeping it on the air for 20 years. In its place, NBC is ordering a new drama, “Law & Order: Los Angeles,” moving the franchise to a place where there are presumably more murders to investigate.

At least one “Law & Order” spinoff will stay in New York: NBC said on Friday that it had renewed “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” for another season.

The USA cable channel, which shows another spinoff, “Criminal Intent,” has not yet decided to order more episodes.

The original “Law & Order” — often called “the mothership” in the television business — was on the verge of becoming the longest-running drama in prime-time television history, surpassing “Gunsmoke.” But it appears that the “Law & Order” executive producer, Dick Wolf, has settled for a tie. The final episode of the series will be shown on May 24.

In a statement on Friday, Mr. Wolf quoted Henry Ford II: “Never complain. Never explain.”

While NBC tried to portray the move as a continuation of the hit franchise, the “Law & Order” dismissal is a dramatic loss for New York, one that Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg even acknowledged in a statement on Friday.

“It began filming in the city at a time when few series did, and it helped pave the way for the more than 150 television shows based here today,” Mr. Bloomberg said.

Actors and producers on the show were told on Thursday that the series had been canceled, but NBC and Mr. Wolf remained in conversations through Thursday evening in an unsuccessful attempt to make a deal for a 21st season.

There were no indications on Friday that another network or cable channel would pick up the show. But NBC is also quietly exploring the possibility that Mr. Wolf would produce some kind of movie or extended retrospective next season to give the series a more fitting send-off, according to people with knowledge of the talks.

Jeff Gaspin, the chairman of NBC Universal Television Entertainment, said in a statement: “The full measure of the collective contributions made by Dick Wolf and his ‘Law & Order’ franchise over the last two decades to the success of NBC and Universal Media Studios cannot be overstated. The legacy of his original ‘Law & Order’ series will continue to make an impact like no other series before.”

A total of 456 “Law & Order” episodes have been produced since the series had its premiere in 1990. Spotting the cast and crew filming on the city streets is almost a rite of passage for New Yorkers.

Fred Berner, an executive producer of the show, called the cancellation “a devastating blow to the New York City production community.”

Thousands of people are believed to be employed, albeit many indirectly, by the series and its two spinoffs. The series has been especially important to the many Broadway and Off Broadway actors who make appearances as guest stars.

Full article: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/15/arts/television/15law.html

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't expect that. I figured that so long as people were still out there killing each other, they'd still be making Law & Order.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBC Eyes ‘Law & Order’ Limited Series

http://deadline.com/2015/02/law-and-order-limited-series-return-nbc-1201367497/

After rebooting Heroes as a 13-episode miniseries Heroes Reborn, I hear NBC is looking to bring back its longest-running drama series, Law & Order.

Network sources caution that this is an idea that has been discussed from time to time, and a Law & Order limited series is not in active development at the moment. Still, there has been movement. I hear the network has been exploring the possibility of re-assembling the cast from the early years of the series. I hear several actors have been approached, including original cast members Chris Noth and Sam Waterston, who did not join the show until Season 5 but are the actors most closely associated with the Law & Order brand. I hear NBC is eyeing 10 new Law & Order episodes. The network had no comment.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBC Eyes ‘Law & Order’ Limited Series

http://deadline.com/2015/02/law-and-order-limited-series-return-nbc-1201367497/

After rebooting Heroes as a 13-episode miniseries Heroes Reborn, I hear NBC is looking to bring back its longest-running drama series, Law & Order.

Network sources caution that this is an idea that has been discussed from time to time, and a Law & Order limited series is not in active development at the moment. Still, there has been movement. I hear the network has been exploring the possibility of re-assembling the cast from the early years of the series. I hear several actors have been approached, including original cast members Chris Noth and Sam Waterston, who did not join the show until Season 5 but are the actors most closely associated with the Law & Order brand. I hear NBC is eyeing 10 new Law & Order episodes. The network had no comment.

Uhm, don't we already have L&O rebooted, and booted, and booted, and booted?

#ohmariska