The official Law & Order thread

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DOINK DOINK

From TV Guide Online

Law & Order has tapped acting vet Dennis Farina to replace Jerry Orbach next season. As previously reported, Orbach is transferring to spinoff No. 3, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, which debuts on NBC at midseason. Although Farina's character is still being fleshed out, exec producer Dick Wolf tells TV Guide Online that the 60-year-old Crime Story star will be playing an "Italian cop who's an iconoclast... and a confirmed bachelor." Adds Farina: "He's going to be a little out of the ordinary."

:cool:

DOINK DOINK

Okay, people.

Which is your favorite L & O show?

Law & Order, Law & Order:SVU, or Law & Order:CI...?

Which episodes are most memorable to you?

Favorite detectives?

Favorite wisecracks, etc?

Anything L & O is fair game.

BIM

Last edited:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
DOINK DOINK

From TV Guide Online

Law & Order has tapped acting vet Dennis Farina to replace Jerry Orbach next season. As previously reported, Orbach is transferring to spinoff No. 3, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, which debuts on NBC at midseason. Although Farina's character is still being fleshed out, exec producer Dick Wolf tells TV Guide Online that the 60-year-old Crime Story star will be playing an "Italian cop who's an iconoclast... and a confirmed bachelor." Adds Farina: "He's going to be a little out of the ordinary."

:cool:

DOINK DOINK

Okay, people.

Which is your favorite L & O show?

Law & Order, Law & Order:SVU, or Law & Order:CI...?

Which episodes are most memorable to you?

Favorite detectives?

Favorite wisecracks, etc?

Anything L & O is fair game.

BIM

Miami CSI---better plots, better music and much prettier scenery. :D

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Criminal Intent is an awesome show.

The lead detective, D'Nofrio's character is so damn awesome, the way he just torments the suspects after he gets them to admit their crime.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
My favorite show of the 3 is Law and Order SVU, can't stand the Detective in the Criminal intent but still a good show.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
green machine said:

The lead detective, D'Nofrio's character is so damn awesome, the way he just torments the suspects after he gets them to admit their crime.
Private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket.

I like that one and the SVU with all the old "OZ' actors.

Hordispack

Veteran
Reaction score
green machine said:

I agree wholeheartedly.

SVU is my least favorite although I enjoy Ice T's over -acting as (unintentional) comic relief.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I have just recently started watching Law and Order. I have my tivo record the reruns on TNT.

I haven't watched any of the spin off shows.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like all three. My favorite detective was Benjamin Pratt, for reasons obvious to any woman.

I love when they have the weekend marathons on TNT. Yes, I am a loser and I am totally comfortable with that.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
I like all three. My favorite detective was Benjamin Pratt, for reasons obvious to any woman.

I love when they have the weekend marathons on TNT. Yes, I am a loser and I am totally comfortable with that.

Bratt :cool:

------------------------------------------------------------

'Law & Order' a dangerous addiction

A commentary
By Mary Fischer
CNN Headline News
Thursday, April 22, 2004

(CNN) --
Right now, wherever you are, whatever cable or satellite service you have, an episode of "Law & Order" is running. The same goes for the "Law & Order" derivatives "Special Victims Unit" and "Criminal Intent." If you can't find them, you're not really trying.

As far as I can tell, whole networks seem devoted to these programs. It used to be that one network would have some of each or certain seasons of one show. But the different factions are clearly divided now. Those networks that have one or the other are so pleased with their conquest that they show them all day long.

Not that I'm complaining.

For a long time, I avoided all of them. I used to watch the original, but about the time that Chris Noth left, I decided it was time to take a break. Years went by, and the number of episodes of the original just kept climbing.

Then, when they announced that they were making a third "Law & Order" show, I became curious. Could they keep turning the whole half-crime investigation, half-crime litigation thing into show after show?

The "Law" part of "Law & Order" gets smaller and smaller with each sequel. The original gives the police and prosecutors a half-hour per episode. But the lawyers don't get nearly as much time in "SVU," and they seem to be an afterthought in "CI."

Then one day as I was flipping around, I got interested in one and then started watching the episode that followed. Since I didn't have anything better to do, I watched the next two. I realize now that was the day I just gave up. "Law & Order" is everywhere, and I can't fight it anymore.

For a while, I concentrated on "SVU," but it just wasn't enough. So I started watching them all, the early seasons of the original, the new "CI" and recent "SVU" episodes.

Now I'm addicted to all the versions. (Well, I've never seen that other "Law & Order" that follows real life police and prosecutors. I do have some self-restraint.)

While I think they're all well-made, I have one complaint.

I'm afraid to leave my apartment. These stories are "ripped from the headlines" you know. That means there's someone out there who's done all the wretched things in these shows. There is danger lurking everywhere, people!

And that's the evil genius behind the making and marketing of the "Law & Order" franchise. It's on all the time. If you start watching, you want to watch more.

Then you become paranoid. Now that you've seen all the episodes, you're too frightened to leave your home. So you stay in and watch TV. Since it's the only thing on, you re-watch "Law & Order," "SVU" or "CI."

Well done, Dick Wolf -- the man behind all the "Law & Order" shows that are all over the place -- you've made me a prisoner of television.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jersey Girl Cards Fan said:
I like all three. My favorite detective was Benjamin Pratt, for reasons obvious to any woman..

UMMMMMMMMMMMMM YEAH!

:shock:

Attachments

• bengq7_jpg.jpg
    bengq7_jpg.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 200

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
They have Labor day Law and Order marathons including one of my fav show Monk marathons today too. :wave:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
UMMMMMMMMMMMMM YEAH!

:shock:
I only remember this guy from Demolition Man.... and being dumped by Julia Roberts, not good times......

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
I only remember this guy from Demolition Man.... and being dumped by Julia Roberts, not good times......

ugh then you haven't watched "Miss Congeniality". :barf:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
ugh then you haven't watched "Miss Congeniality". :barf:

Sorry to disappoint you, azdad, but they're making a Miss Congeniality 2. :D

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
Sorry to disappoint you, azdad, but they're making a Miss Congeniality 2. :D

yeah I know unfortunately I have to take my little sister to watch it since Sandra Bullock is one of her favorite actress.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
They have Labor day Law and Order marathons including one of my fav show Monk marathons today too. :wave:

And there is a CSI marathon (all week) on Spike TV. They're still in season 1 today, but towards the end of the week they should get to 3rd of fourth season, which means that Nicholas Lea will be on every once in a while. (a little treat for all X-philes on the board.)

Stefan

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SVU is amazing, but nothing beats the original L&O.

I liked Noth before he was "Big." :)

I like the original CSI best too, CSI: Las Vegas. :)

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
This is my absolute favorite television show of all time... I enjoy all three but prefer the original...

SVU is pretty good, I liked Homicide, Life on the Street, and I was glad to see that they moved Munch over there, I like Ice Tea and Mariska Hartigay plays a great part...

My least favorite is the Criminal intent series, Unlike some have mentioned earlier, I cannot stand Vincent d' Onofrio he will always be "Pyle" from Full Metal Jacket... Next time you watch him acting on C I, picture him as the captain of the Starship Enterprise... His manerisms and the way he talks mimics William Shatner and it is just annoying... Pauses at the wrong spots in sentences... The worst part is that his partner, Katheryn Erbe, started with her own character and kind of balanced the team but this last season she seems to have been moved over to following Vincents lead... She now is talking in the same manner... I still like the show, but it is my least favorite of the three..

As for the original, I can't believe they are going to put in Dennis Farina... I can't visualize him fitting in here... He kind of has a type cast of a crime boss or Italian Family hack job. I think he is a good actor but just does not seem to fit the roll... I have a feeling I will be watching more of the re runs than the new fall season...

Sam Waterston and Jerry Orbach are the best to have been on so far, in my opinion.....

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Parisse Goes to Court for 'Law & Order'

(Monday, November 22 11:24 AM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com)

NBC's "Law & Order" has appointed its newest assistant district attorney. Annie Parisse will join the long-running drama, stepping in for Elisabeth Rohm, who announced her departure back in June.

Parisse's character, currently unnamed, will first be introduced in episode 14 of the show's 15th season, according to media reports. Like many ADAs before her, the character will work closely with Sam Waterson's Jack McCoy.

Rohm's tenure as Assistant District Attorney Serena Southerlyn was longer than any of her predecessors. The actress decided to depart to pursue outside acting opportunities, including film work and a possible television comedy.

Recent actresses to try cases as ADAs have included Angie Harmon, Carey Lowell and Jill Hennessy, making the part one of television's most reliable launching pads for unknown young actresses.

Parisse can currently be seen (fleetingly) in the country's top movie, "National Treasure." She's the brunette federal agent who isn't a man. The 28-year-old Alaskan-born actress appeared for several seasons on CBS' "As the World Turns" and in the feature "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days." Parisse was part of the cast of FOX pilot "NYPD 2069" from Stephen Bochco.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Parisse Goes to Court for 'Law & Order'

Recent actresses to try cases as ADAs have included Angie Harmon, Carey Lowell and Jill Hennessy, making the part one of television's most reliable launching pads for unknown young actresses.

Okay, so who was everyone's favorite? I liked Angie Harmon.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson