The Official Draft Lottery Thread

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hawks will not improve that much now that they did not get Oden or Durant. Boston and Memphis got screwed big time.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This just cost the Suns a ton of money, unless they can package the 24 and 29 and move down. D'Antoni has said he wants to expand the rotation to nine players, but need to improve. In order to do that now, we need to sign a veteran for MLE money.

Again, David Stern sticks it to us!!

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
This is the most pathetic, rigged draft in history.

I would bet it is nearly statistically impossible for ALL 3 OF THE BOTTOM TEAMS TO ALL FINISH OUT OF THE LOTTERY, and yet the 3 teams above them ALL FINISH IN THE LOTTERY.

That is completely ass-backwards, freaking impossible.

Freaking ********!!!!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Stern strikes again! It's fixed!

I hate this...I wanted that pick so bad.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
No. Frickin. Way.

Are you sure that's not the other pick that ATL owned?

ATL did have 2 lottery picks this year....

ATL got their 2nd pick as a result of a trade with the Pacers. ESPN flashed on the screen that the Suns got that pick but later corrected it.

We have two picks in the draft @ 21 and 29. That's it

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the most pathetic, rigged draft in history.

I would bet it is nearly statistically impossible for ALL 3 OF THE BOTTOM TEAMS TO ALL FINISH OUT OF THE LOTTERY, and yet the 3 teams above them ALL FINISH IN THE LOTTERY.

That is completely ass-backwards, freaking impossible.

Freaking ********!!!!

The whole NBA draft lottery is a joke...I have no idea why it's done this way...

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Man we are really screwed now, no way without a good pick and miles into the luxury will we be able to pull anything out except KG which is now about a 5% chance without the pick or the Magette+Tim Thomas trade I proposed.

We are screwed.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
How about Boston getting screwed? :biglaugh:

And Memphis... and the Bucks? That will teach them not to tank games... Stern wrings his hands and laughs.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Damn, imagine Portland!

Roy, Randolph, Oden.

NDNACE

Rookie
Reaction score
This is the second best case scenario for the Suns. Atlanta does not get a franchise type player in Oden or Durrant. The Hawks should not improve very much and be lottery bound again next year. The Suns may land the top pick next year. O.J. Mayo would look great in a Suns uniform next to Amare.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
This completely blows, but at least Atlanta won't get one of the two perennial All-Star locks. My guess? They reach for Mike Conley. My hope? They take the best player available, AKA another "multi-talented" small forward.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well at least the Hawks didn't get one of the two top picks. But now Oden goes to the Blazers and Durant to the Sonics. The West just got even tougher.

Oh and what made us think the Suns would get lucky and get the pick this year? When do the Suns ever get lucky with anything? The Hawks have two lottery picks; they should improve. It will be easy to make the playoffs for them in the East. The pick we will get from them next year will probably be mid-first round.

mribnik

Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if the Suns sell their picks for cash and trot out the new and improved Amare Stoudemire as their draft pick this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave