The Official Brighton and Hove Albion Thread

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Another great win vs Tottenham... maybe we have our mojo back going into the finish. Top 10 finish would be awesome!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Last two summers: Lost Ben White (last summer), Yves Bissouma, and now Marc Cucerella (this summer) for a combined 125 M pounds.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last two summers: Lost Ben White (last summer), Yves Bissouma, and now Marc Cucerella (this summer) for a combined 125 M pounds.
As long as you stay up, it will be money well *not spent* *earned* I guess.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh, do you have Mike Ashley as an owner?

Where do you see BHA finishing this season? What other business have yinz done?
I know you didn't ask me, but I see them in a relation fight but staying up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was weirded out, because a few sites had them finishing above Newcastle in, like, 8th place. I hope they don't fall into a relegation fight, but I can't see them finishing up there.
Not with their losses. I just don't see it. It would be a major accomplishment for them to be top 12 IMO. Hell, staying up should be cheered.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I agree with DCR… bottom half of the table for sure. Should stay safe from relegation, but wouldn’t be shocked to be in the fight second half of season and we won’t be as good as last year. Still missing that elusive consistent striker.

Aside from the two big departures, we made some modest buys and have guys coming back off loan with some promise, but no big splash additions.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Yep, couldn’t have started much better. Best Welbeck has looked in ages, Caciedo looks like a more than adequate replacement for Bissouma, and Gross is a certified Man U killer at this point!

Be curious to see if this says more about Brighton or Man U in the long run. Plenty of rumors about us looking for someone to replace Cucurella before the window shuts, and Welbeck, Maupay and newcomer Undav still leave a lot to be desired at the elusive striker position.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Brighton looked good today. They should of had more goals. For me aside from the top 6, they along with Newcastle are the most likely to remain near the top of the table. 5 of the top 6 really surged forward today, Tottenham get their chance tomorrow vs. Nottingham forest.

Reaction score
Just to bump this thread a bit as I am a Brighton fan myself! Great win against Leicester and we are really playing with confidence right now. Potter is such an exceptional manager, and Mac is starting to show the promise we saw in him also.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Keeping Potter if this success continues will be a huge challenge. And the big teams were already sniffing around Caciedo after 2 EPL games - and people like McAllister are going to begin to attract a lot of attention as well.

I feel like our ceiling is a better version of Southampton or Leicester (this season notwithstanding), where we continually sell off our best players to bigger clubs and try to replenish the ranks and stay competitive. It will take a lot of sustained success to end up being consistent challengers to the Big 6 clubs in terms of finances and prestige.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Not surprised to see tuchel go. There’s no tolerance at Chelsea for struggles. And clearly the stress and Chelsea expectations got the best of tuchel. If I were the Brighton manager I would not go there. It’s a guaranteed sacking. At least at Brighton he could do something special.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Not surprised to see tuchel go. There’s no tolerance at Chelsea for struggles. And clearly the stress and Chelsea expectations got the best of tuchel. If I were the Brighton manager I would not go there. It’s a guaranteed sacking. At least at Brighton he could do something special.
He'd be much smarter to stay put and eventually take the England job, maybe. Problem is, managers are like players and will make ill-fated moves to prove how good they are. Oh, and money walks lol

But, yeah, this would be a tough one for BHA.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He'd be much smarter to stay put and eventually take the England job, maybe. Problem is, managers are like players and will make ill-fated moves to prove how good they are. Oh, and money walks lol

But, yeah, this would be a tough one for BHA.
True, the American owner/new management team might try to sell him on the possibility of longevity, but I don’t see it. Chelsea just continued their habit of last minute reckless spending in the transfer window, and of corse they’ve sacked their manager that just less than 2 years ago won the UCL. Of corse tuchel did help destroy the club internally, but what’s stopping the next manager from being sacked in 6 months if they fall to mid table? Zidane is interesting. I don’t think he would be sacked after this year if he’s the choice, but hey even frank lampard wasn’t immune to that.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose