The Official 2014 World Cup Thread

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He has good clearance, reflexes on the line, rarely out of position, good with both feet, defends the goal well with his hands and feet etc. He is easily in the top 5-10 GK in the world. To say that he is not is delusional.

Exactly. Remember, he's not European, so he can't possibly be elite :rolleyes:

I was going to root on Germany, but suddenly I feel like a little Vive les Bleus day tomorrow :)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Lloris with Tottenham? Sirigu with PSG??

Courtois isnt even on his actual club!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Germany knocks out France 1-0

Man, France screwed the pooch in this one. Though Germany had the run of play in the 1st half, France still had their chances. France then dominated much of the 2nd half. True, you need to get desperate at the end, but Deschamps, why in the heck did you take out both Cabaye and Valbuena? They were the ones getting the ball forward. Throwing on extra strikers but taking away their service killed their chances. Stupid, stupid move.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The stuff that Brazil is getting away with is just shocking.

So many small fouls they get away with, almost never carded, regular goals not given.. It's a joke.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man, France screwed the pooch in this one. Though Germany had the run of play in the 1st half, France still had their chances. France then dominated much of the 2nd half. True, you need to get desperate at the end, but Deschamps, why in the heck did you take out both Cabaye and Valbuena? They were the ones getting the ball forward. Throwing on extra strikers but taking away their service killed their chances. Stupid, stupid move.

I missed most of the France Germany game.:(
what a pretty shot by the Brazil player(I forgot his name) to put them up by two goals.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
the score is now 2-1 after the penalty kick, and COL almost scored again in a matter of seconds.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why? It was a stupid way to get his 2nd yellow and he should have known better.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
http://www.espnfc.us/brazil/story/1...spension-for-world-cup-semifinal-with-germany
I hope it works, I would hate to see a great player miss a great match up between two powerhouse's.

I will never watch a FIFA game again if that happened.

Germany had to play Brazil in 2002 in the final without Ballack who was the best midfielder in the world at the time and in 2010 had to play Spain in the semi-finals without Thomas Müller who was top scorer for the competetion.