The O-Line

Alan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I haven't gotten a close look at the o-line the past couple weeks, but it does seem like the pass protection has greatly improved recently. What has caused that? Potter replacing Batiste? Massie getting more experience? Different QB getting the ball out faster?

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
It's mainly The O-line guys playing better as you mention. The QB thing...not so much.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Regardless of the PR spin Urban has up on the website.

It doesn't help when you put the Ryan Lindley of centers out there. Ohrnberger was AWFUL yesterday. He did nothing in the run game and let player, after player, after player, stunt up the middle. Let guys go right past him without even a hand on them.

The interior line is horrific, and that lies on Russ Grimm. Don't give me this ridiculousness that Grimm doesn't have a say on who he brings in. He is the gosh darn offensive line coach, AND Asst. Head coach. He has a huge say on what is going on there, and he chose those piss poor guards.

Does the improvement of our OT's give him a pass ? I dunno. Tough to say with these coaches right now, cause the product on the field is describing our offensive coaches as clueless, inept, stubborn to the point of damaging, vindictive, and downright ignorant.

So, is it the OT's doing better in spite of the coaches ? Fair question to ask at this point and time.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bobby Massie has become our best offensive linemen, followed probably by Nate Potter. IMO, OT has developed into a league average unit with Levi Brown.

Interior, we are a mess. I was hoping Senio Kelemete would have an impact with his ability to pull, but he can't get himself on the field. Colledge is very limited athletically, and Snyder is terrible. Sendlein is also very limited despite being an ok player. However, you get one above average player who can win one on one matchups and this unit does change dramatically. A Chance Warmack, Jonathan Cooper or even a Barrett Jones or Travis Frederick can make this unit a servicable group.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson