The notice of allegations with Kansas

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You HAVE to be kidding me?

From your link.

Q. Did you feel that you let Coach Self down when [DeAndre Ayton] did not go to the University of Kansas?

A. I did.

The argument from KU is that this line of questioning, however short, highlights the frame of mind for Gassnola. Essentially, the argument is that his responsibility was to Adidas — and specifically that his actions were "intended to 'establish a relationship between [Ayton], his family, and Adidas.'"

"It was never about trying to recruit [Ayton] to KU," the response read.

--------------

They literally asked Gassnola if he felt he let down Self when Ayton didn't pick Kansas, and then Kansas interprets that to mean it wasn't about trying to recruit Ayton to Kansas? Seriously?

He literally said he tried to recruit Ayton to Kansas and yet Kansas is arguing his comment about Deandre(LOL) was a joke an offhand comment and not intended to mean anything happened with Ayton. He's literally saying I'm doing everything I can to steer lottery picks to you, I haven't let you down, except for DeAndre.

If we were in the Politics board and someone put up a defense like that for Trump you would laugh at the defense.

You can’t read.

“At the time I met [him] it was about grassroots. Putting him on one of our grassroots team.”

Last edited:
OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can’t read.

“At the time I met [him] it was about grassroots. Putting him on one of our grassroots team.”

I can read in fact I cut and pasted the very next things that were printed. I didn't even print the part where he was asked if Coach Self ever told him he wanted Ayton at Kansas and he said he wsa the #1 recruit in the country every coach wanted him. Which is another way of saying yes, Coach Self told me he wanted him.

Or do you actually believe that Gassnola just wanted Ayton on his AAU team, which BTW never happened, he never played for a team gassnola was involved with, not when he was in San Diego or in arizona. He wasn't disappointed Ayton never played for his AAU program he was disappointed he didn't go to Kansas, said so when directly asked, did you feel bad "I did."

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can read in fact I cut and pasted the very next things that were printed. I didn't even print the part where he was asked if Coach Self ever told him he wanted Ayton at Kansas and he said he wsa the #1 recruit in the country every coach wanted him. Which is another way of saying yes, Coach Self told me he wanted him.

Or do you actually believe that Gassnola just wanted Ayton on his AAU team, which BTW never happened, he never played for a team gassnola was involved with, not when he was in San Diego or in arizona. He wasn't disappointed Ayton never played for his AAU program he was disappointed he didn't go to Kansas, said so when directly asked, did you feel bad "I did."

Why did you choose to chop up the article to make the narrative look different than it was?

Gassanola was UNSUCCESSFUL at getting Ayton on grassroots. He wasn’t asked about his feelings on that to make a point but it should be obvious he was disappointed. You’re statement that he wasn’t comes from...your ass?

You keep putting your thoughts into the holes to fill in the blanks and you think Self is dirty so that’s where you go.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why did you choose to chop up the article to make the narrative look different than it was?

Gassanola was UNSUCCESSFUL at getting Ayton on grassroots. He wasn’t asked about his feelings on that to make a point but it should be obvious he was disappointed. You’re statement that he wasn’t comes from...your ass?

You keep putting your thoughts into the holes to fill in the blanks and you think Self is dirty so that’s where you go.

You posted the link, did you expect me to paste in the entire article? I posted the part that made it clear Gassnola was saying he wanted Ayton to go to Kansas, and yet the article says Kansas claims the conversation in no way meant if Gassnola did anything wrong with Ayton(money) that Self knew it.

Kansas is trying to assert that Self had no idea about payments to players after a conversation in a Text, and if you want the whole thing let's not forget the part just prior to what the article you linked quoted.

On Aug. 19, 2017 — days before KU Athletics announced a 12-year contract extension with Adidas — Gassnola texted Self to tell him thank you for helping to get that extension done. Self replied via text that he was happy with Adidas and wrote “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Now again anybody who follows college basketball can tell you what Self meant when he said that, he's talking about recruits, and oddly 10 days later, Silvio Desousa commits to Kansas after Gassnola paid him.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You posted the link, did you expect me to paste in the entire article? I posted the part that made it clear Gassnola was saying he wanted Ayton to go to Kansas, and yet the article says Kansas claims the conversation in no way meant if Gassnola did anything wrong with Ayton(money) that Self knew it.

Kansas is trying to assert that Self had no idea about payments to players after a conversation in a Text, and if you want the whole thing let's not forget the part just prior to what the article you linked quoted.

On Aug. 19, 2017 — days before KU Athletics announced a 12-year contract extension with Adidas — Gassnola texted Self to tell him thank you for helping to get that extension done. Self replied via text that he was happy with Adidas and wrote “Just got to get a couple real guys.”

Now again anybody who follows college basketball can tell you what Self meant when he said that, he's talking about recruits, and oddly 10 days later, Silvio Desousa commits to Kansas after Gassnola paid him.

When KU says Gassanola wanted Ayton for Adidas grassroots I would expect you to quote the part of his testimony where he explicitly states such. You choose to manipulate the questioning and ignore that. Hack stuff.

KU is implying that they didn’t know Gassanola was doing anything illegal with the kids. He wasn’t involved in the recruitment of Ayton regarding KU as far as KU was concerned and Self is saying “I don’t n ow what Gassanola was saying there”.

Gassanola testified that he kept it from KU in sworn testimony. Which makes the argument KU doesn’t know anything plausible. Again sworn testimony.

There is nothing explicitly a violation in the texts. Only through the lens of Russ and his imaginary “anybody” can you create links to implicate Self/KU. That’s the issue here. You WANT KU to be dirty, so everything you see is dirt. That’s why you can’t understand the defense KU put up and why regardless of outcome you’ve got your opinion set on what the truth is.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When KU says Gassanola wanted Ayton for Adidas grassroots I would expect you to quote the part of his testimony where he explicitly states such. You choose to manipulate the questioning and ignore that. Hack stuff.

KU is implying that they didn’t know Gassanola was doing anything illegal with the kids. He wasn’t involved in the recruitment of Ayton regarding KU as far as KU was concerned and Self is saying “I don’t n ow what Gassanola was saying there”.

Gassanola testified that he kept it from KU in sworn testimony. Which makes the argument KU doesn’t know anything plausible. Again sworn testimony.

There is nothing explicitly a violation in the texts. Only through the lens of Russ and his imaginary “anybody” can you create links to implicate Self/KU. That’s the issue here. You WANT KU to be dirty, so everything you see is dirt. That’s why you can’t understand the defense KU put up and why regardless of outcome you’ve got your opinion set on what the truth is.

I would argue if you looked in a reflective piece of glass you would see why you want KU's defense to be true.

Of Course Self knew, when he said get some real guys he was telling gassnola to get him recruits. Again you can't be the head coach at Kansas in 2017 and not know the elite recruits get money.

That's the deal, it's set up to give plausible deniability to the coaches. The reason in court they said the coaches didn't know is that was their entire case, in order to prove the schools were defrauded, they had to say the coaches didn't know .Anybody who follows college recruiting knew kids got paid, how could the head coaches not know?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Also very clear that programa like Duke, UNC, Kentucky are dirty as hell

It’s just CBB in general because of the pipelines and shoe companies. The blue bloods of the world aren’t going to stop recruiting 5* recruits that are getting some on the side from agents, shoe deals, handlers, boosters etc...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson