The Next Solo Batman film

Discussion in 'Movies and Entertainment' started by Brian in Mesa, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Warner Bros. confirms standalone Batman movie with Ben Affleck

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/warner-bros-confirms-standalone-batman-movie-with-ben-affleck

After assuming the cape and cowl of the Dark Knight in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Ben Affleck will expand his role in the big screen DC universe. At the Warner Bros presentation at CinemaCon in Las Vegas, the studio confirmed work on a standalone Batman film, with Affleck possibly involved in a role behind-the-scenes.

Onstage, Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara confirmed that Affleck is working on a solo Batman film and also appeared to confirm that Affleck is directing; while he didn't explicitly state that Affleck is writing and directing the movie, Tsujihara listed the actor as one of the "filmmakers" working on the expanded DC universe, along with Aquaman director James Wan.

2. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

If Ben is writing or directing the movie I am interested. That is as long as Snyder isn't involved. I thought Ben nailed the part.

3. Zeno

Zeno Ancient

I am with you, I think Affleck was one of the few watchable things in BVS (Gadot was cool too but she didn't have much screen time).

4. Shaggy

Shaggy Site Owner Administrator Staff Member

Does this mean he won't be batman and just be the director of it?

5. Brian in Mesa

He is starring in it and directing it. It has been confirmed.

Ben Affleck Confirmed to Direct Standalone Batman Movie

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ben-affleck-batman-standalone-directing-1201752021/

A standalone Batman movie starring and directed by Ben Affleck is officially in the works, Warner Bros. chief Kevin Tsujihara confirmed Tuesday at CinemaCon.

It was reported in July 2015 that Affleck was in talks to star and direct, but Tuesday’s announcement marks the first official confirmation of his involvement. Affleck made his debut as the Caped Crusader in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” which bowed March 25.

Tsujihara first mentioned Affleck when he took the CinemaCon stage in Las Vegas, saying that the studio was excited to be moving forward on the standalone Batman film with the actor and filmmaker.

Tsujihara said the studio has committed to 10 DC films — most of which have already been announced — within the next five years, then named every movie along with their director, including Batman with Affleck.

Warner Bros. confirmed that Affleck would be directing the movie later on Tuesday in a press release.

6. Covert Rain

Great news. That's half the battle. Now they need to get the script right.

7. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

Batffleck is awesome.

8. bankybruce

bankybruce All In! Contributor

How I imagine everyone reacted.

[​IMG]

9. Covert Rain

I agree. Despite Snyder doing what he could to muck up the movie, Ben was great.

10. Brian in Mesa

Update: Two years after Ben Affleck stepped down as Director of the film, Warner Brothers announced on Wednesday, January 30th, 2019 that he would no longer be involved with the film or his role as Bruce Wayne/Batman. A new release date is set for June 21st, 2021 with a younger actor wanted for the role.

11. Brian in Mesa

We have now gone from Affleck to ... the glittery vampire guy from Twilight ... ??

Robert Pattinson to Play ‘The Batman’ for Matt Reeves and Warner Bros.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/...matt-reeves-bruce-wayne-dc-comics-1203125473/

He’s going from sex symbol to bat symbol. Sources tell Variety that Robert Pattinson is in negotiations to play “The Batman” in Matt Reeves’ forthcoming superhero film, which hits theaters June 25, 2021.

While sources say it’s not yet a done deal, Pattinson is the top choice and it’s expected to close shortly. Warner Bros. had no comment.

Pre-production on the Warner Bros.-DC Comics pic is expected to start this summer.

Reeves, the filmmaker behind the last two “Planet of the Apes” sequels, assumed “Batman” directing duties from Ben Affleck in January 2017 and has been developing the elusive project ever since. Affleck and Warner Bros. began discussing the actor-director leaving the Caped Crusader behind following “Justice League,” allowing Reeves to pick his own Bruce Wayne.

Reeves will produce “The Batman” with his “Planet of the Apes” collaborator Dylan Clark.

12. Town Drunk

Town Drunk Longest serving ASFN lurker

Umm, no.

13. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

I don’t know what the problem is. His choice of projects outside of Twilight has been pretty impressive.

14. Stout

Stout I gave my cards a victory...

:biglaugh:

Oh, DC, you slay me.

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  15. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

[​IMG]