ASU's New Head Coach Is Kenny Dillingham

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would be on board with him.

I think he would be awesome. I just wonder what happens with the OC position if your head coach is really the brains for the offense? Perhaps they would hire an OC to just carry out his directives, but it seems like this guy would be the one actually calling the plays. I am sure there are other examples out there, maybe Mike Leach, etc. I think the Coach from Eastern Michigan was doing the same thing.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would be on board with him.
Yeah however I worry when a guy has to learn on the job to be an actual head coach. I think it causes problems that a coach with actual HC experience can hopefully avoid those issues.

I have no clue who would have the experience that would take this job.

I have been mulling something @Krangodnzr said in the Urban Meyer thread where he said something like “I just want to win”. I took the anti Urban stance but maybe I should be more pragmatic. I think ASU should make a serious run at Urban. I doubt he takes the job but unless you try we will never know. Shouldn’t we be expecting them to aim high?

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Thoughts on Rhule if he gets fired from Carolina?

He helped navigate Baylor through some stuff

Meyer typically creates a situation where stuff happens and then he springboards away from it - not sure he'd want to walk into the storm

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoughts on Rhule if he gets fired from Carolina?

He helped navigate Baylor through some stuff

Meyer typically creates a situation where stuff happens and then he springboards away from it - not sure he'd want to walk into the storm
I'd be happy with him too.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i don’t think there is a chance in hell Ray Anderson tries to make a run at Urban. I also don’t think there is a chance in hell Urban takes the ASU job if offered.

I don’t think the ASU situation is as dire as some and I think the fact that the NCAA is toothless in punishments and the LSU punishment being fairly minor helps.

I like the Ruhle idea but one huge issue is if he lasts all season with Carolina, can ASU afford to wait until January to make the next hire. Also, you would need an ironclad yes “ I am taking the ASU job” from him to ensure you aren’t left holding the bag

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
i don’t think there is a chance in hell Ray Anderson tries to make a run at Urban. I also don’t think there is a chance in hell Urban takes the ASU job if offered.

I don’t think the ASU situation is as dire as some and I think the fact that the NCAA is toothless in punishments and the LSU punishment being fairly minor helps.

I like the Ruhle idea but one huge issue is if he lasts all season with Carolina, can ASU afford to wait until January to make the next hire. Also, you would need an ironclad yes “ I am taking the ASU job” from him to ensure you aren’t left holding the bag
I want either a top young assistant from a blue blood program or an established, winning veteran coach.

Meyer and Rhule would be at the top of my list.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nebraska isn't what it used to be. I'd take ASU over Nebraska at this point.
Me too although if Nebraska can get their NIL crap together that job gets better since I really believe their NIL May very well be better ASUs. Thoughts?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the LSU punishment doesn’t fully connect with ASU. Air Force got 2 years probation for dead period recruiting

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Me too although if Nebraska can get their NIL crap together that job gets better since I really believe their NIL May very well be better ASUs. Thoughts?
ASU has been the largest, if not top 3 largest educational institutions in the country for a long time.

Over time, if ASU can get the right coach, and the right program...they could win.

I think initially ASU could ride the transfer circuit, and bring in big time talents from smaller schools.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score