THE Newcastle United FC thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah, heard about that one. Got the big old "yeah, we totally screwed the pooch, sorry, but nothing changes" already. What a freaking joke. The estimated cost of poor referring decisions this week to Newcastle is over 4 million.
The decisions that robbed west ham and Newcastle should never have gone to VAR. in fact VAR is being overused and now we are seeing the affects of it, much like replay in college football. I think the PL are completely reactive with VAR. they make a mistake one week and then they overcompensate the next week and inevitably make another mistake. They need to temporarily suspend VAR until they can figure out what they are doing because they do not know how to properly interpret video footage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The decisions that robbed west ham and Newcastle should never have gone to VAR. in fact VAR is being overused and now we are seeing the affects of it, much like replay in college football. I think the PL are completely reactive with VAR. they make a mistake one week and then they overcompensate the next week and inevitably make another mistake. They need to temporarily suspend VAR until they can figure out what they are doing because they do not know how to properly interpret video footage.
Very true. One year under Bruce we got a completely undeserved point after getting a dumb handball call go our way for a penalty in like the 94th minute, because EVERYTHING was handball at that point.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Absolutely shambolic and can only have been worse if Newcastle didn't earn the penalty and lost the effing game. IDGAF if they've only lost 1 game, as they've only won 1, too. Howe absolutely must be on the hot seat. You can't get the team up for a game against effing BOURNEMOUTH? You can't beat BOURNEMOUTH at home? JFC, what an effing shambles.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
PL summed up. There’s always that team that has no chance that f’s you in the you know what.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Ah, a good old fashioned 10-man beat down. Just what the doctor called for when needing a win. Even got to chat with an English Newcastle fan who noticed I was watching at the coffee shop. I was just getting a 1st-hand account of the CL game against Juventus way back when he got called to pick up his brew. All the fans in that game were so confused because they were both wearing black and white striped jerseys!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
And a full beatdown of a full-strength Brentford team. Hard to lose when the goalie gifts you one and they score an OG on top of it. Newcastle are in form suddenly. Let's down the Red Devils next.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
The wins just keep coming now. Hopefully we get another against Spurs. And hopefully that dirtball Kane blows out a knee--as many players as he's injured, he deserves it.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Howe-way the lads! Rocking and rolling at this point, playing with house money. Hell, if the injuries clear up and they bring in a player or two in January, the Mags might be ahead of schedule.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Big, big game today. Big measuring stick game. A win keeps Newcastle in the heights; a loss doesn't mean much negative unless it's a bad loss. That said, let's get the win, mags!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Big, big game today. Big measuring stick game. A win keeps Newcastle in the heights; a loss doesn't mean much negative unless it's a bad loss. That said, let's get the win, mags!
Arsenal is destined to win the league this year.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Arsenal is destined to win the league this year.
Maybe they are, but not over Newcastle's corpse :) First time they've dropped points at home since...well, since Newcastle beat them last season.

Actually, I was pissed at the game. Newcastle respected Arsenal way too much. If they'd gone after the Gooners like they did Man City in 2022, it could've been a different ball game. Then again, it's a great point atm, so I have no complaints other than it wasn't a fun watch.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Maybe they are, but not over Newcastle's corpse :) First time they've dropped points at home since...well, since Newcastle beat them last season.

Actually, I was pissed at the game. Newcastle respected Arsenal way too much. If they'd gone after the Gooners like they did Man City in 2022, it could've been a different ball game. Then again, it's a great point atm, so I have no complaints other than it wasn't a fun watch.
And terribly officiated.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
On both sides, agreed. Start waving that yellow card around early, you either have to brandish it for nearly everything or be biased against the team you hit early.
It really hurts when you have such a great matchup like that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have to agree. They should have started Saint Max and pushed the game. It is also why the blatant time wasting (even in the first half) was sad to watch.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I have to agree. They should have started Saint Max and pushed the game. It is also why the blatant time wasting (even in the first half) was sad to watch.
Eh, the (former) Big 6 always try to complain about that and they're usually off the mark. The announcer didn't know what he was talking about with the Liverpool match, as I posted the stats disproving the time wasting in that game. Cramp is going to happen with a team that hustles like Newcastle and doesn't have the depth to deal with it. Shoe on the other foot, I wanted to rail against Leeds when they managed the game, but the truth was they simply boxed clever. Arsenal can moan about "blatant" time wasting all they want, but ******** to that :D

St. Maximin is, I think, his own worst enemy. If he even put in minimal effort defending, he'd be starting no question.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, the (former) Big 6 always try to complain about that and they're usually off the mark. The announcer didn't know what he was talking about with the Liverpool match, as I posted the stats disproving the time wasting in that game. Cramp is going to happen with a team that hustles like Newcastle and doesn't have the depth to deal with it. Shoe on the other foot, I wanted to rail against Leeds when they managed the game, but the truth was they simply boxed clever. Arsenal can moan about "blatant" time wasting all they want, but ******** to that :D

St. Maximin is, I think, his own worst enemy. If he even put in minimal effort defending, he'd be starting no question.
It isn't about the big 6. It was a clear tactic by Howe. He is still playing games against the Big 6 like he is in a relegation battle. He has enough coaching acumen and players where he can make a proper go at it. It's hard to argue with his results overall, but against the big 6, he should be playing more like Brentford (getting wins against both Liverpool and City) than what he does.

Minor critique though considering he is 3rd in the table.

You are right about Maximin though. Although if he did defend, the top 4 teams would have come calling before you got that oil money. I don't think you are a selling team anymore.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
It isn't about the big 6. It was a clear tactic by Howe. He is still playing games against the Big 6 like he is in a relegation battle. He has enough coaching acumen and players where he can make a proper go at it. It's hard to argue with his results overall, but against the big 6, he should be playing more like Brentford (getting wins against both Liverpool and City) than what he does.

Minor critique though considering he is 3rd in the table.

You are right about Maximin though. Although if he did defend, the top 4 teams would have come calling before you got that oil money. I don't think you are a selling team anymore.
Good point on St. Maximin.