THE Newcastle United FC thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Suddenly Newcastle becomes Liverfool's joint favorite PL team today ;)
Klopp was rather salty after the game that spurs sat back and played to only counter, and did their time wasting in the end. Spurs are mainly a counterattacking team and Klopp was sounding the alarms before the match, so IDK what he expected....great result for Tottenham. Hopefully Newcastle get a result vs. City.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yeah, the loss wasn't as bad as the scoreline, but still a tough one to take. Newcastle had some good chances, but MC are going to be champions because they are really, really good. It was nice to see Trippier and Wilson back on the field.

Looking really bad for Leeds right now. 3-team race for the final relegation spot.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Leeds lose another one vs Chelsea with a man down again.

Spurs whipped Arsenal thanks to holding, well holding and elbowing son in the face. Should have been a lot worse than 3-0

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Man, two Newcastle wins to end the season could ruin Arsenal's top four chances and relegate Burnley, potentially. No pressure or anything. And, though the club should probably just be content that they survived and get ready for the re-build, no way does Eddie Howe want to end the season losing four in a row.

Let's go win out, boys. Howe-way the lads!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Man, two Newcastle wins to end the season could ruin Arsenal's top four chances and relegate Burnley, potentially. No pressure or anything. And, though the club should probably just be content that they survived and get ready for the re-build, no way does Eddie Howe want to end the season losing four in a row.

Let's go win out, boys. Howe-way the lads!
I was just thinking the same thing looking at the table and fixtures. Please get a result against Arsenal!! I want to see Newcastle get all 3 points! Burnley have a match at hand over Leeds, but if Newcastle get 3 points against Burnley, it will make things very interesting. Although Everton are in a good position compared Leeds, they still need results and they have Arsenal Sunday.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Oooh Everton losing to brentford 3-2 and a man down. This is quite the development. Richardarllsson alone makes me want to see Everton get relegated.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
and Everton lose making that 3rd relegation spot very possible. I'm a palace fan now! then an Everton fan when they face the goons

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I was just thinking the same thing looking at the table and fixtures. Please get a result against Arsenal!! I want to see Newcastle get all 3 points! Burnley have a match at hand over Leeds, but if Newcastle get 3 points against Burnley, it will make things very interesting. Although Everton are in a good position compared Leeds, they still need results and they have Arsenal Sunday.
From your keyboard to God's screen!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
You're welcome :)

Lorenzo

Reaction score
You're welcome :)
Man I’m so pumped. I heard St James was rocking. I tried to see the last 20 minutes after I got off work and my internet went out. Now Spurs just need to muster 0-0 at Norwich or have Arsenal drop points against Everton.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Man I’m so pumped. I heard St James was rocking. I tried to see the last 20 minutes after I got off work and my internet went out. Now Spurs just need to muster 0-0 at Norwich or have Arsenal drop points against Everton.
OMG, it was insane crowd participation, beyond anything I've heard before, and that was just watching on TV. Shades of things to come for the Magpies. Better get what you want out of the CL now, Spurs. Newcastle will be climbing the table soon enough.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
OMG, it was insane crowd participation, beyond anything I've heard before, and that was just watching on TV. Shades of things to come for the Magpies. Better get what you want out of the CL now, Spurs. Newcastle will be climbing the table soon enough.
Spurs have been a lot better since conte has taken over. Their recent additions are also contributing unlike the others that were busts over the last few years. If Spurs get some more additions I think they will be competitive. Newcastle have done great and have a lot of buzz. I will say this, Newcastle’s supporters and their stadium are top notch. If they can ever get top players to play there, they will be set.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Spurs have been a lot better since conte has taken over. Their recent additions are also contributing unlike the others that were busts over the last few years. If Spurs get some more additions I think they will be competitive. Newcastle have done great and have a lot of buzz. I will say this, Newcastle’s supporters and their stadium are top notch. If they can ever get top players to play there, they will be set.
They'll get the top players, of that I have no doubt, but it will take time. It took Man City 4 years, but they were already a solid mid-table team to start with. I'd say Newcastle, with the right investment and approach, will be in or challenging for the CL in 4 years, but have a shot at the Europa League and/or a domestic cup before then. As for the league, who knows?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Newcastle will have to overpay to get players to go there at first but if they can get momentum going they could become a UCL contender if they become a money pit like Chelsea and City.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Newcastle will have to overpay to get players to go there at first but if they can get momentum going they could become a UCL contender if they become a money pit like Chelsea and City.
Maybe for some players, but not for all. Bruno G. came for the same price he was rumored to go to Arsenal for; I love that he paid them back for being slow in the market. Trippier actually came for a song, because he has family in the area. He's going to make a great captain and help attract others. Bruno keeps telling his friend Paqueta (sp?) to come and form a central midfield partnership again, and the guy came to visit and was playing backyard in Newcastle colors! Targett was very reluctant to join and only did so for game time, but now loves it and wants to come back. Then again, he's not world class, but would be a solid addition.

That's just a handful of players, though. You're right, overall. For a while it'll take some tempting for those top clubs. Thankfully there's no fan pressure to do it in a hurry. Despite the incompetent press trying to paint Newcastle fans as delusional, all we've ever demanded is a team that tries. Steady progress over the course of the next few years will be awesome. Hell, just knowing the goal isn't to merely survive will be huge!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Maybe for some players, but not for all. Bruno G. came for the same price he was rumored to go to Arsenal for; I love that he paid them back for being slow in the market. Trippier actually came for a song, because he has family in the area. He's going to make a great captain and help attract others. Bruno keeps telling his friend Paqueta (sp?) to come and form a central midfield partnership again, and the guy came to visit and was playing backyard in Newcastle colors! Targett was very reluctant to join and only did so for game time, but now loves it and wants to come back. Then again, he's not world class, but would be a solid addition.

That's just a handful of players, though. You're right, overall. For a while it'll take some tempting for those top clubs. Thankfully there's no fan pressure to do it in a hurry. Despite the incompetent press trying to paint Newcastle fans as delusional, all we've ever demanded is a team that tries. Steady progress over the course of the next few years will be awesome. Hell, just knowing the goal isn't to merely survive will be huge!
Very true. They have already come a long way in just a few years since they were in the championship, both they and wolves.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Very true. They have already come a long way in just a few years since they were in the championship, both they and wolves.
Yeah, I was jealous of Wolves for a long time. Brentford's done well to establish themselves this year. Heading into the season, I would've said the same about Leeds, though.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
those scenes at Everton were nuts. at first I thought what the hell are they celebrating, but I admit it was cool. I meant they will probably not win a PL title so they might as well make a reason to do that. A part of me wanted to see them get relegated though. should be a nice final day. I'll be watching spurs/norwich but I'll be flipping through the channels.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
those scenes at Everton were nuts. at first I thought what the hell are they celebrating, but I admit it was cool. I meant they will probably not win a PL title so they might as well make a reason to do that. A part of me wanted to see them get relegated though. should be a nice final day. I'll be watching spurs/norwich but I'll be flipping through the channels.
Those scenes absolutely were not cool. Celebrations are great, but surrounding Patrick Viera and shouted abuse at him, getting right up into players' faces and flipping them off and shouting abuse, all spoke to a lack of class, security failures, and major safety problems. I used to love the "rush the field" kind of celebration--the Cal/Stanford game was a classic ending!--but fans can't handle themselves any longer, it seems.

Final day should be crazy, though, i agree. I may not be able to watch it all live, which stinks, but oh well.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Those scenes absolutely were not cool. Celebrations are great, but surrounding Patrick Viera and shouted abuse at him, getting right up into players' faces and flipping them off and shouting abuse, all spoke to a lack of class, security failures, and major safety problems. I used to love the "rush the field" kind of celebration--the Cal/Stanford game was a classic ending!--but fans can't handle themselves any longer, it seems.

Final day should be crazy, though, i agree. I may not be able to watch it all live, which stinks, but oh well.
I wasn't sure what happened with Viera, definitely when they rushed the pitch during the game, he was right to say that the ref should have brought the players off. The Everton supporters should have been punished and removed at that point. You do bring up a good point, I am not a fan of the pitch invasion and never have been. it is dangerous and it's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured or killed at one of those types of circumstances. Aside from that I thought it was cool to see their passion, but it also makes them look like a club that is desperate. I did want to see them relegated.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I wasn't sure what happened with Viera, definitely when they rushed the pitch during the game, he was right to say that the ref should have brought the players off. The Everton supporters should have been punished and removed at that point. You do bring up a good point, I am not a fan of the pitch invasion and never have been. it is dangerous and it's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously injured or killed at one of those types of circumstances. Aside from that I thought it was cool to see their passion, but it also makes them look like a club that is desperate. I did want to see them relegated.
I did too lol I think they're highly deluded as fans and really entitled. Except they are media darlings and Newcastle supporters are supposedly deluded lol I love that they have Pickford, too--makes it easy to root against them :)

They might still be in trouble of going down, too. Have you seen how much of their losses in recent seasons they attributed to COVID? I think it was something like 300 million! Well, Leeds and Burnley filed a complaint with the PL last week to get them in trouble and possibly get them a points deduction based on massive FFP rules breaking. Probably won't work, but wow, would that be interesting!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose