THE Newcastle United FC thread

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So, the burning question is, who wants to relegate Newcastle more, Cabbage Head, Ca$hley, or the PL refs? Ca$hley adding nothing to last year's squad--literally nothing, while stripping away assets again (already had Willock 2nd half of last season), Cabbage Head sucking at coaching, or the refs awarding 2 penalties against Newcastle while stealing one away via VAR? They say to check the monitor for mistakes, so of course they did that to overturn the on field call and give a penalty AGAINST New Castle, but when going to the monitor would have overturned a penalty a New Castle player DIDN'T commit, the ref didn't go to the monitor. Plus, we're not supposed to get offsides by inches, and so a penalty called on the field shouldn't be called back for an offsides that isn't glaringly obvious, and yet...

2 games in, 2 penalties against, 1 penalty robbed of. When you already have Ca$hley and Brucey Boy working against your team, you don't need to make it a trifecta.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
You are a pathetic, cowardly manager, Cabbage Head! I swear to Christ, if we go from an attacking throw in back to the keeper ONE MORE EFFING TIME...!!!

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Did Stout break his computer after that finish?
Haha, pretty much. They have screwed us with VAR in every single game thus far, of course only going to the monitor when it will hurt us, and ignoring the advice/new rules when it would help us. But this game was typical Bruce. Survive awful Bruce planning and a crap first half, and, when you decide to suddenly attack, voila! Get a goal. But wait, we got a goal? WE MUST PARK THE BUS AGAIN!!! Give up the equalizer. Typical Bruce ball. But wait, a miracle! We broke for a well-crafted winner in the 1st minute of 3 stoppage minutes. But wait, Bruce's defenses leak like a sieve, and the refs hate us, so...

I guess at least we got a point? But is getting a point worth saving Cabbage Head's job? Eh...

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
So Bruce's "cunning plan" against a crap relegation rival who can't win or score much on the road? Park the bus, of course: Southampton had 63% possession and 11 shots in the first half (Newcastle 37% possession and 4 shots). Oftentimes we were playing an 8-0-2 formation, where even if we got possession, we couldn't find an outlet, and it got so bad we were pretty much in a 10-0-0 formation. with nearly everyone in and around our own box.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Utterly predictable and wholly disgusting. How can I even feel sympathy for Bruce? To watch the owner criminally under-back him. Nobody else in. We offloaded a bunch of chaff from this squad, and over 200,000 per WEEK in wages, and...we don't have the money to sanction a single loan deal? Criminal. Absolutely criminal.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
OMFG, OMFG, OMFG, it's done, the deal is freaking DONE!!! Mike Ca$hley no longer owns Newcastle United. Oh, glory be!!!
I just went through the same with Genoa.

While Preziosi did keep them up, he lacked vision and resources to have them be more than a team in the relegation fight that depends on loaned players, ancient players and quickly sells off anyone showing promise

They are now property of an American fund - while I like seeing the American love, I am definitely cautious about funds - they are saying and doing the right things initially

Hope for good things for Newcastle

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
New mistake the owners are making, right out of the gates, is not immediately sacking the bumbling idiot Bruce. They want a Premier League side, and he's not going to help with keeping the team up.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
New mistake the owners are making, right out of the gates, is not immediately sacking the bumbling idiot Bruce. They want a Premier League side, and he's not going to help with keeping the team up.
congrats on the change of ownership, I know it was long overdue. Hopefully Newcastle start spending money soon because that is what it will take to shoot up the table. and yes they have to sack Bruce and hire a good manager.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
congrats on the change of ownership, I know it was long overdue. Hopefully Newcastle start spending money soon because that is what it will take to shoot up the table. and yes they have to sack Bruce and hire a good manager.
I doubt we do a Man City--and that's okay. Their plan is a slow build, with staying up the first priority, and heavy investment in facilities, academy, etc. I mean, players used to ice themselves in inflatable swimming pools and trash cans, for crying out loud. My goal? Win a trophy in 5 years and challenge for Europe within the same time frame. Win a title in 10 years.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I doubt we do a Man City--and that's okay. Their plan is a slow build, with staying up the first priority, and heavy investment in facilities, academy, etc. I mean, players used to ice themselves in inflatable swimming pools and trash cans, for crying out loud. My goal? Win a trophy in 5 years and challenge for Europe within the same time frame. Win a title in 10 years.
Man City have gone full plastic, although if you talk to their supporters they are a 'working class club' ok maybe their supporters are lol. If I'm a Newcastle supporter I am ready for ownership to go all in. yes infastructure is important, you see what Tottenham and Arsenal have done with their stadiums, but that doesn't win trophies. you have to spend on players and develop young talent. St James is one of the best grounds in all of England, they have great supporters, they just need to get players there. And as a spurs supporter, I too would be over the moon if T-Ham won a title in 10 years...

Lorenzo

Reaction score
wow this Newcastle/spurs fixture is insane. the start was electric, Newcastle probably scored too early. Spurs took control of the match for the most part, then right before the half a medical emergency in the stands.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I hate to say it but Newcastle look like a Championship squad. Other than Saint Maximus they don't have many players that look PL caliber. JJ Shelvey and Eric Dier both look like Championship players at this point in their respective careers, they are absolute knuckleheads. I do think that they need to make a switch with their manager, he's a lame duck. Maybe that switch can inject some life into their squad, because they looked uninspired today until Eric Dier gave them a lift and by then it was a man down and too late anyway.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I hate to say it but Newcastle look like a Championship squad. Other than Saint Maximus they don't have many players that look PL caliber. JJ Shelvey and Eric Dier both look like Championship players at this point in their respective careers, they are absolute knuckleheads. I do think that they need to make a switch with their manager, he's a lame duck. Maybe that switch can inject some life into their squad, because they looked uninspired today until Eric Dier gave them a lift and by then it was a man down and too late anyway.
Definitely not a Championship squad; definitely a League 1 coach. St. Maximin, Almiron, Wilson, Willock are all good to excellent attacking players. We have a suitable left back and a suitable right back--but our idiot head coach plays an aging winger at left back in a 4-man back line EVERY DAMN WEEK!!! And he refuses to play our only good ball-playing central defender, international Fabian Schar. And ya wonder why our defense sucks out loud? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Definitely not a great squad, by any means. It's more than sufficient to finish mid table or mid-low table. Not a squad that should be mired so deep in relegation trouble.

The new ownership needs to wake up, and wake up FAST. Cabbage Head is a toxic presence with no tactical nous whatsoever, and he must go. Look at the game today, and it says everything you need to know. Newcastle take the early lead based on an energetic start. Great! I absolutely knew at that moment we would lose, though, because Bruce's thinking--I guarantee you--was to bunker down, protect the lead, and win 1-0. We literally (okay, figuratively, but still) lost when we scored that early goal. Because, what happened when Spurs scored? Newcastle was already in bunker mode and nothing was going to get them out of it. What kind of smart change in team or formation could Bruce come up with? Eh....give him some time, he's still working on it.

But hey, don't worry about it, Newcastle fans. He'll keep "cracking on" and "giving it a go" and may even take another early season vacation to Spain to think about it some more lol He's just begging the owners for the sack, so he can carry home his bags of money. Any decent person, who claims he wants what's best for the club and claims to be a lifelong Newcastle supporter, would have resigned by now. He KNOWS he's relegating the team with every breath, and he couldn't care less, because he'll hang on for dear life to cash in on getting fired.

And don't even get me started on Shelvey...

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Definitely not a Championship squad; definitely a League 1 coach. St. Maximin, Almiron, Wilson, Willock are all good to excellent attacking players. We have a suitable left back and a suitable right back--but our idiot head coach plays an aging winger at left back in a 4-man back line EVERY DAMN WEEK!!! And he refuses to play our only good ball-playing central defender, international Fabian Schar. And ya wonder why our defense sucks out loud? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Definitely not a great squad, by any means. It's more than sufficient to finish mid table or mid-low table. Not a squad that should be mired so deep in relegation trouble.

The new ownership needs to wake up, and wake up FAST. Cabbage Head is a toxic presence with no tactical nous whatsoever, and he must go. Look at the game today, and it says everything you need to know. Newcastle take the early lead based on an energetic start. Great! I absolutely knew at that moment we would lose, though, because Bruce's thinking--I guarantee you--was to bunker down, protect the lead, and win 1-0. We literally (okay, figuratively, but still) lost when we scored that early goal. Because, what happened when Spurs scored? Newcastle was already in bunker mode and nothing was going to get them out of it. What kind of smart change in team or formation could Bruce come up with? Eh....give him some time, he's still working on it.

But hey, don't worry about it, Newcastle fans. He'll keep "cracking on" and "giving it a go" and may even take another early season vacation to Spain to think about it some more lol He's just begging the owners for the sack, so he can carry home his bags of money. Any decent person, who claims he wants what's best for the club and claims to be a lifelong Newcastle supporter, would have resigned by now. He KNOWS he's relegating the team with every breath, and he couldn't care less, because he'll hang on for dear life to cash in on getting fired.

And don't even get me started on Shelvey...
So where was Almiron? was he coming off of international duty? I forgot about him. This was the first Newcastle match I've seen this year. Yes the first goal scored that quick sometimes sets up for a let down...it happened to Costa Rica in their USA match last week. Newcastle had plenty of reasons to push forward especially after Spurs scored their second goal. I already said it, but they definitely need to sack their manager.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose