THE Newcastle United FC thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
What a tactical masterclass from Howe and a huge effort from the lads. Howe thoroughly outcoached Postecoglou (sp?) and the players thoroughly outefforted Spurs. Howe-way the lads!
Congrats on the well deserved 3 points. the almighty tactical spurs gods asked me to work this morning. so i did not get to watch, but I had a bad feeling about this fixture. With this spurs outfit it is always 2-3 steps forward and 1 step back. I hope that trend continues, but they have some really tough fixtures to close out the season. I read that Timo Werner missed some chances early. That reinforces why he fell to spurs from the Bundesliga.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
I've got to say as well that Dan Burn has been excellent since he changed position because of the Botman injury. Been down on him all year, but he has been a big part of our recent success.

Also, Elliot Anderson has been huge.

mhill1986

Veteran
Reaction score
Ya I hope they keep Dan Burn :)
I've mocked him as much as anybody, and he is too slow to be a left/right back, but as a rotational center back, he's done the job. Credit to him for how hard he's worked the past several games. He isn't the answer, obviously, but he has stepped up.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Congrats on the well deserved 3 points. the almighty tactical spurs gods asked me to work this morning. so i did not get to watch, but I had a bad feeling about this fixture. With this spurs outfit it is always 2-3 steps forward and 1 step back. I hope that trend continues, but they have some really tough fixtures to close out the season. I read that Timo Werner missed some chances early. That reinforces why he fell to spurs from the Bundesliga.
It was definitely a Spursy loss. He had one early chance--not the easiest on the volley, but he should've done much, much better with it for sure. Could've been a different game. Man, Van de Ven (spelling) is getting crushed in memes.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've got to say as well that Dan Burn has been excellent since he changed position because of the Botman injury. Been down on him all year, but he has been a big part of our recent success.

Also, Elliot Anderson has been huge.
Absolutely, he's been awesome filling in at CB. And I think Anderson would've had a huge year without the back injury.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave