The New Yorker suspends Jeffrey Toobin after CNN analyst exposed himself on Zoom

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by Brian in Mesa, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

The New Yorker suspends Jeffrey Toobin after CNN analyst exposed himself on Zoom

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...d-himself-on-zoom/ar-BB1abwsG?ocid=uxbndlbing

The New Yorker has suspended journalist Jeffrey Toobin after a Zoom incident the staff writer claims happened by "mistake."

The publication took action after the lawyer and author, who is also CNN's chief legal analyst, exposed his genitals during a virtual meeting last week with staffers from the New Yorker and WNYC radio, according to a Monday report from Vice.

“I made an embarrassingly stupid mistake, believing I was off-camera," Toobin said in a statement to Vice. "I apologize to my wife, family, friends and co-workers.

“I believed I was not visible on Zoom," he added. "I thought no one on the Zoom call could see me. I thought I had muted the Zoom video."

Upon Toobin's suspension, a spokesperson for the New Yorker told Vice that the media outlet is investigating the situation. Toobin joined the New Yorker in 1993.

[​IMG]

2. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

That’s a big OOOOPS!

3. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

[​IMG]

4. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor