The New Metallica Album Rules!

Metal Militia

Veteran
Reaction score
I just picked up the new Metallica album at the Wherehouse at Warner and Alma School and it kicks severe ass.

The first song, 'Frantic', sets the tone for the whole album. If you liked Kill em All, Master of Puppets, and Ride the Lightning, then you must have this. It is heavy stuff.

It is interesting. The album is supposed to come out tomorrow (Thursday) but they had them tonight. I actually went by to pick up another CD and the Metallica disc was just sitting there. Pleasant surprise!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I haven't bought a CD since 1999

OP
OP
Metal Militia

Metal Militia

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
I haven't bought a CD since 1999

Does that mean that you download music? If so, Lars Ulrich will be coming to get you!

;)

Audrey19

Hockey Addict
Reaction score
Metallica offers free songs on the Web
Associated Press
Jun. 4, 2003 08:23 AM

For being the guys who took on Napster, Metallica have become awfully Internet-friendly with their new music.

The band is streaming songs from their new album, "St. Anger," on the Web. Eleven web sites around the world will be streaming one song each.

Metallica isn't saying outright what those sites are, but the band is giving clues on its Web site at www.metallica.com . Furthermore, fans who buy "St. Anger" will find a code that will allow them to view, listen to and download exclusive tracks through a Metallica Web site.

Drummer Lars Ulrich says they've always wanted their fans to experience their music online, but until now, the existing ways to distribute it did not pass Metallica's quality standards.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Audrey19
Metallica offers free songs on the Web
Associated Press
Jun. 4, 2003 08:23 AM

Drummer Lars Ulrich says they've always wanted their fans to experience their music online, but until now, the existing ways to distribute it did not pass Metallica's quality standards.

Uh-huh.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw the St. Anger video on MTV yesterday. Pretty intense. They actually went and performed inside a maximum security prison. The prisoners really seemed to like the show.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
So far St. Anger is the only song I've heard and it stinks. What are the other tracks like?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
So far St. Anger is the only song I've heard and it stinks. What are the other tracks like?

I was wondering exactly the same thing.

The St. Anger video was kind of cool with the prison setting, but the song wasn't "all that."

OP
OP
Metal Militia

Metal Militia

Veteran
Reaction score

It is unbelievably heavy. It is one of those albums that would be tough to listen to all the way through, but it still rocks. It rattled my cage severely.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brian in Mesa
I just saw the St. Anger video on MTV yesterday. Pretty intense. They actually went and performed inside a maximum security prison. The prisoners really seemed to like the show.

Like Johnny Cash used to do?

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score

I just got St. Anger for 9.98 at Target. It came with a DVD of Rehersals for each song (I have not watch the DVD yet).

I agree.... I do not care for St. Anger so much. Right now my favorite song on the album is "Frantic" First track. I can't say that I love it because it is different than what we Metallica fans are use to (kinda 80 punkish feel to it with Hetfields voice...).

However I do feel that some of the songs will grow on me and I will like them more.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose