The Matrix Resurrections

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@oaken1 That is pretty much everyone's assessment about that statement, and there were rumors way before it came out it was true.

When Free Guy is out on Disney+ on Feb 23 I'm going to watch is some more.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess when I was their age we were learning about how to create simple computer programs (I only remember “goto” as a command).

Shame on you, Ouchie! Surely you remember "if-then-else " "print," "poke and peek," and "gosub"!!! :D

Those were some fun days. :thumbup:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Shame on you, Ouchie! Surely you remember "if-then-else " "print," "poke and peek," and "gosub"!!! :D

Those were some fun days. :thumbup:
I thought I remembered “if-then” but wasn’t 100% confident in my memory (for instance I have no idea what “else” is. I also have no idea what any of the rest of those are. Our parents tended to be on the late end of tech when we were growing up. Only had a VCR early bc they won one in school raffle. Late to cable tv, didn’t have a PC like most of my classmates, my parents still have answering machine. Tech just wasn’t a thing in our house.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im
Pretty happy I watched this at home and didn’t pay for it in the theaters. Was more a thought experiment than spectacle.

I’m actually pretty stunned WB coughed up what was probably a pretty big budget for something this heady and meta.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I remembered “if-then” but wasn’t 100% confident in my memory (for instance I have no idea what “else” is. I also have no idea what any of the rest of those are. Our parents tended to be on the late end of tech when we were growing up. Only had a VCR early bc they won one in school raffle. Late to cable tv, didn’t have a PC like most of my classmates, my parents still have answering machine. Tech just wasn’t a thing in our house.
In fairness, i went to computer school in 1970 before I went in the Air Force. Later on, when working for Mesa Fire Department, I actually wrote and sold to the City of Mesa a backup dispatching program, written in Basic and compiled. Still have the printout of the code. That was some fun, plus I got $600 for it...... bought a new Les Paul Custom guitar with the dough.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In fairness, i went to computer school in 1970 before I went in the Air Force. Later on, when working for Mesa Fire Department, I actually wrote and sold to the City of Mesa a backup dispatching program, written in Basic and compiled. Still have the printout of the code. That was some fun, plus I got $600 for it...... bought a new Les Paul Custom guitar with the dough.

And where might that 70's LP be today? inquiring minds want to know. :mrgreen:

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sadly, sold a number of years ago....

Also, as I recall the actual retail price was $800, so I had to through in a couple o' hundred more over said "paycheck."

Last edited:

carrrnuttt

Didactic
Reaction score
For those of you who want to dive into the deep symbolisms and meta references in this movie:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I paid for like 10 of us to watch this, at Look in Chandler. It wasn't the worst movie ever made, but it feels like it since it cost so much money, and everyone is mad at me for dragging them to this.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I paid for like 10 of us to watch this, at Look in Chandler. It wasn't the worst movie ever made, but it feels like it since it cost so much money, and everyone is mad at me for dragging them to this.
Oh you definitely shoulda watched at home, dude.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I thought it was trash. Awful movie, but I watched it on HBO Max so I didn't feel too bad about wasting my time. If I spent money on it...yeah I'd be annoyed.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA