The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Prime)

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So my wife and I were looking for a new series to watch and I had heard some good things about this one and decided to give it a try. Set in the late 1950s it's about a Jewish Housewife who discovers that she has a knack for stand-up comedy after her Husband leaves her for another woman.

Both the Wife and I have really enjoyed the first two season so far.

Anyone else watching this?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Love this show. Very well done and really nails the period. We are a couple of episodes into season 4, maybe not quite as solid as the first 3 seasons, we'll see if it picks up.

Surprised there isn't a thread for this already!

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this show. Very well done and really nails the period. We are a couple of episodes into season 4, maybe not quite as solid as the first 3 seasons, we'll see if it picks up.

Totally agree. Love the character development as well.

Yeah I was surprised I couldn't find a thread for it. We are halfway through season 2 and loving it.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So my wife and I were looking for a new series to watch and I had heard some good things about this one and decided to give it a try. Set in the late 1950s it's about a Jewish Housewife who discovers that she has a knack for stand-up comedy after her Husband leaves her for another woman.

Both the Wife and I have really enjoyed the first two season so far.

Anyone else watching this?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Awesome show, i like the first season the best.

We had a brief thread on this back in 2018 https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/the-marvelous-mrs-maisel.269431/

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

There was a thread, LOL

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
There was a thread, LOL

Lol. Clearly MadCard has gone mad! :)

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
This show is great. I didn't care for S4 as much as the first 3 but it's still good. Luke Kirby kills it though. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Lenny Bruce spin off.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Wife and I just finished the series finale. One of the better shows we’ve watched over the last couple of years. My wife enjoyed the ending.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
I'm a bit with @Yuma. This season was mixed for me. Basically I like the stuff in the show's "current" time line but not the future time line stuff. It just felt a little off to me. I also thought they could have made her closing set a little bit stronger. It felt a little bit beginner compared to what she had been doing.

I know they had to do it and why, but I missed Lenny too. Maybe they could have mix him in during 63-64 a little more but you don't want to stray too far on him.