The Market 2022-2023-2024

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hmm not sure what you are trying to say.

What I am saying is that if your TSLA position represents 10% or less of your investible funds, then you'll be alright regardless what you decide. If TSLA represents 20%, 50%, or god for bif more of your investible assets, then you are taking on considerable risk as that percentage grows, more than I would be comfortable with and more than any reputable and responsible financial advisor would tell you to take.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Having a diverse portfolio is always a good hedge to have. I've been good at it in my retirement accounts since I stick more towards index funds but I've been bad with my non-retirement account where I play with individual stocks more. I'm way to growth heavy, mainly in tech, since that's where my day job lies and companies I know well. I need to start getting a better balance in it. The last 6 months have been rough for that sector. :)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What’s this mean for Tesla and Elon? I know some of you pay attention to Tesla more than I do.

Honestly I’ve never believed in the company or him. He’s great at raising money I get that.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

What’s this mean for Tesla and Elon? I know some of you pay attention to Tesla more than I do.

Honestly I’ve never believed in the company or him. He’s great at raising money I get that.
You've never believed in space x? That company has done amazing things in the space sector. Pretty much unparalleled In cost of transit and frequency of launches. The reusable rockets alone are a game changer.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You've never believed in space x? That company has done amazing things in the space sector. Pretty much unparalleled In cost of transit and frequency of launches. The reusable rockets alone are a game changer.

Oh space yeah that’s cool, country is falling apart, but Elon and Bezos are going into space… cool.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh space yeah that’s cool, country is falling apart, but Elon and Bezos are going into space… cool.
I see zero reason to conflate space with perceptions of country health. Aspiration has importance. You're welcome to that, I was just moreso curious of never believing in the company. Sounds like not believing in it just means don't find the mission important. That's fine.

I'm still as enthralled in it as I was watching missions on tv in the 80s and being under 10 yrs old

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see zero reason to conflate space with perceptions of country health. Aspiration has importance. You're welcome to that, I was just moreso curious of never believing in the company. Sounds like not believing in it just means don't find the mission important. That's fine.

I'm still as enthralled in it as I was watching missions on tv in the 80s and being under 10 yrs old

I think your way in the minority. I honestly can’t think of one person I know who thinks it’s cool Elon or Bezos are doing the space thing.

I don’t believe in Tesla because I think it’s a crap product it just happens to kind of be first. They rank dead last in quality year in and year out. The truck market is by far the most loyal market of vehicle buyers. Truck guys aren’t going to buy it. The big auto makers are entering the market hard and I think you’ll see an Elon backlash here the more he keeps opening his mouth.

To me it’s more style than substance

But what would a margin call on his Tesla loan mean for him

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your way in the minority. I honestly can’t think of one person I know who thinks it’s cool Elon or Bezos are doing the space thing.

I don’t believe in Tesla because I think it’s a crap product it just happens to kind of be first. They rank dead last in quality year in and year out. The truck market is by far the most loyal market of vehicle buyers. Truck guys aren’t going to buy it. The big auto makers are entering the market hard and I think you’ll see an Elon backlash here the more he keeps opening his mouth.

To me it’s more style than substance

But what would a margin call on his Tesla loan mean for him
The people running it arent why I find it fascinating. Has nothing to do w Elon and bezos.

Bezos company isn't very fascinating yet though. They haven't done a lot.

There is another one out there, "spinlaunch" that is doing some really unique stuff too.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
SO...... At $660, I'm thinking of putting 50 to 100k towards Tesla. May wait a week or two more to see if it hits 550 or 600. I will still be very diversified but can see a world where it hits 1500 in 3 to 4 years.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SO...... At $660, I'm thinking of putting 50 to 100k towards Tesla. May wait a week or two more to see if it hits 550 or 600. I will still be very diversified but can see a world where it hits 1500 in 3 to 4 years.

Wow! That would be bold.

I still think it's wildly overvalued. Why do you think the current price is attractive?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I can see a world where they tank. The big auto makers are going to hit the electric market hard with much better cars than what Tesla can produce.

I can see an Elon backlash the more he opens his mouth.

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can see a world where they tank. The big auto makers are going to hit the electric market hard with much better cars than what Tesla can produce.

I can see an Elon backlash the more he opens his mouth.
Also recessions are typically not kind to automakers.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wow! That would be bold.

I still think it's wildly overvalued. Why do you think the current price is attractive?
I think they are the apple of the electric auto world. They are quickly closing their ecosystem and operating in places with very limited regulation. I could see them turning into a juggernaut while others slowly dabble. That aggression will lead to an extreme market dominance.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Also recessions are typically not kind to automakers.
This is 100% accurate. And probably why I will wait. Once the twitter deal either goes through or is abandoned….. It may go right back to 1000.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think they are the apple of the electric auto world. They are quickly closing their ecosystem and operating in places with very limited regulation. I could see them turning into a juggernaut while others slowly dabble. That aggression will lead to an extreme market dominance.

Just the release of the Ford Mach E made there sales dip like 12% something like that.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was at 1200 before it started slipping and has a stock split on the horizon. History says it's likely but recent history hasn't been kind

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the release of the Ford Mach E made there sales dip like 12% something like that.
That sounds like a cherrypicked stat though. Tesla's all have several month long backorders. Sales don't seem to be a problem at all and with the two new factories churning out more cars and more shifts by the day they are only growing.

The two new factories, especially with the model y are also using megacastings and two piece bodies. Those things are gonna be churning out like a damn in and out burger

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Even if I were a true believer, I wouldn't put more than 5% of my investable funds into any one holding. My normal target is 1% for a stock or ETF, 2-4% for a mutual fund. So if you have $2 million to work with, go for it.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That sounds like a cherrypicked stat though. Tesla's all have several month long backorders. Sales don't seem to be a problem at all and with the two new factories churning out more cars and more shifts by the day they are only growing.

The two new factories, especially with the model y are also using megacastings and two piece bodies. Those things are gonna be churning out like a damn in and out burger

We’ll see how it plays out

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose