The Market 2022

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wow! That would be bold.

I still think it's wildly overvalued. Why do you think the current price is attractive?
I think they are the apple of the electric auto world. They are quickly closing their ecosystem and operating in places with very limited regulation. I could see them turning into a juggernaut while others slowly dabble. That aggression will lead to an extreme market dominance.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Also recessions are typically not kind to automakers.
This is 100% accurate. And probably why I will wait. Once the twitter deal either goes through or is abandoned….. It may go right back to 1000.

Finito

Banned
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think they are the apple of the electric auto world. They are quickly closing their ecosystem and operating in places with very limited regulation. I could see them turning into a juggernaut while others slowly dabble. That aggression will lead to an extreme market dominance.

Just the release of the Ford Mach E made there sales dip like 12% something like that.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SO...... At $660, I'm thinking of putting 50 to 100k towards Tesla. May wait a week or two more to see if it hits 550 or 600. I will still be very diversified but can see a world where it hits 1500 in 3 to 4 years.
It was at 1200 before it started slipping and has a stock split on the horizon. History says it's likely but recent history hasn't been kind

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the release of the Ford Mach E made there sales dip like 12% something like that.
That sounds like a cherrypicked stat though. Tesla's all have several month long backorders. Sales don't seem to be a problem at all and with the two new factories churning out more cars and more shifts by the day they are only growing.

The two new factories, especially with the model y are also using megacastings and two piece bodies. Those things are gonna be churning out like a damn in and out burger

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
SO...... At $660, I'm thinking of putting 50 to 100k towards Tesla. May wait a week or two more to see if it hits 550 or 600. I will still be very diversified but can see a world where it hits 1500 in 3 to 4 years.
Even if I were a true believer, I wouldn't put more than 5% of my investable funds into any one holding. My normal target is 1% for a stock or ETF, 2-4% for a mutual fund. So if you have $2 million to work with, go for it.

Finito

Banned
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That sounds like a cherrypicked stat though. Tesla's all have several month long backorders. Sales don't seem to be a problem at all and with the two new factories churning out more cars and more shifts by the day they are only growing.

The two new factories, especially with the model y are also using megacastings and two piece bodies. Those things are gonna be churning out like a damn in and out burger

We’ll see how it plays out

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
GOOG just hit my price target so I bought a share for just below $2050.

I damn near called the day's bottom for GOOG today. I realize the likelihood I actually called their overall bottom is pretty low, and there will probably be a sell-off at market close that makes this post look foolish. But it's about the small victories right now.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OT
On the thread about politics, shooting mass,i cant find the section anymore, searching my previous messages i had found the thread but cant write anymore
"u have insufficient privileges to reply here"
Wow

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OT
On the thread about politics, shooting mass,i cant find the section anymore, searching my previous messages i had found the thread but cant write anymore
"u have insufficient privileges to reply here"
Wow

There is a thread in the announcements forum about P&R being quarantined.