OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Icon
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Nary a peep when the easy money was flowing for far too long. Now they're all crying at a whopping 3.25%. It's time to take our medicine. It's long overdue. Kicking the can down the road will make the it worse in the future. I sure hope Powell has the resolve, but I would bet he bends to the cries and pressure.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nary a peep when the easy money was flowing for far too long. Now they're all crying at a whopping 3.25%. It's time to take our medicine. It's long overdue. Kicking the can down the road will make the it worse in the future. I sure hope Powell has the resolve, but I would bet he bends to the cries and pressure.
If the credit markets are blowing up it doesn't matter. The only thing to do will be cuts for the sake of the global economy. IMO at least. Although I largely agree with you here.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Alot of "coincidences"...

'Higher interest rates contributed to the end of rising land prices, but they also pushed the overall economy into a downward spiral. In 1991, as equity and land prices fell, the Bank of Japan dramatically reversed course and cut interest rates.

But it was too late, a liquidity trap had already been set, and a credit crunch was setting in.'

This right here is why QE will fail this go round. Liquidity and Credit.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We have Christmas shopping coming up. Either people will continue to spend and inflation continues, or retail finally tails off and the recession/depression arrives.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So what's driving the last 2 days surge? There are reports the UN contacted feds all over the world and told them stop hiking interest rates you're going to cause a global recession. So I'm wondering is this the markets thinking the fed may be done, or something else?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
What goes up must come down! I know you want to brag, but I used to cringe when Trump bragged about the stock market even. Talk about zero influence a President has over anything!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What goes up must come down! I know you want to brag, but I used to cringe when Trump bragged about the stock market even. Talk about zero influence a President has over anything!
No bragging from me. I thought he was just as much of a clown by doing the same Biden was back then. A president could only have a wet dream of thinking they control the trillions, maybe quadrillions, of money flowing through the financial markets.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No bragging from me. I thought he was just as much of a clown by doing the same Biden was back then. A president could only have a wet dream of thinking they control the trillions, maybe quadrillions, of money flowing through the financial markets.
I noted that Obama appointed a LOT of Goldman Sachs dudes to economic posts in his Presidency. Biden didn't seem to go that direction.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I follow that account too. That video is something else
Sure is. Beyond that we have unelected lawyer fed officials acting as economic experts controlling the global landscape. The whole system needs to be blown up. I've been on record for years. It's just finally coming out in the open to many. Central banks will cause a collapse. Likely, by their actions, will do the heavy lifting towards that goal.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure is. Beyond that we have unelected lawyer fed officials acting as economic experts controlling the global landscape. The whole system needs to be blown up. I've been on record for years. It's just finally coming out in the open to many. Central banks will cause a collapse. Likely, by their actions, will do the heavy lifting towards that goal.
The charts showing when the fed buys and sells too...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr