The Market 2021

dscher

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh the markets gonna crash

Well...duh

I’ve been waiting on this damn crash forever now.
Not everyone believes we're in or near a market top though...it's surely not in the media and large institutions best interest to do so.

dscher

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's one of the nastier monthly ending candles you'll see on the transports in quite some time..

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

dscher

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Things are getting dicey out there in the market place...the bond market is signalling big risk off here along with accumulated put buying.. Just a heads for potentially more volatility in the coming weeks. We could be back into the same type of vol that we saw during the COVID crash. Be prepared. Just my two cents.

Finito

ASFN Hero
Reaction score

All crypto being dumped. Hmmmm

dscher

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

All crypto being dumped. Hmmmm
Still holding it's 200 day MA though...and will be important moving forward or there could be more pain all the way down to 30k.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perfect example of why tying CEO compensation to stock can be a very bad idea. I'm no Elon Musk fan but he was right when he said if I sell stock, the stock price will fall and people will complain. Where Lucy works, Vicor, the company is much smaller than Tesla. The stock had boomed up over 165, it's been REALLY well performing for awhile now. she gets her stock through the ESPP plan, when it hit 165 she thought about selling but didn't. The stock is now at 120. Why? Because the CEO in 2 transactions 10 days apart sold 1.5 million and then 2.5 million worth of stock. HIs 4 million cut 25% off the stock price.

But the CEO's defense is pretty obvious, my compensation in salary is much lower than at other companies in order to make more money I have to be able to sell stock, I can only sell in certain windows, and you see the result of that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fed doubles pace of tapering no asset purchases after march 22 is the plan. They expect 1 rate increase next year and then 2-3 in 2023.

The market LOVED this announcement went red to green in minutes closed well up.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2021 has passed. Should we edit the thread title or would you prefer a new one?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Updating might be easier. But I'm good with whatever.

I thought about that, but if I'm thinking into the future, it might be handy to have one for each year in case someone wishes to see what was going on in a particular year as opposed to having to search some huge megathread. Those who post here, what's your preference?

OP
OP
Folster

Folster

ASFN Hero
Reaction score
I'm fine with a new thread. Can the 2022 posts be moved to it?