The Market 2021

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't that comparable to the Cyber Truck range? You have to go up to the tri-motor which is 70K to get a significant increase in range.

You'll get people who want to peacock to buy the cybertruck, but I doubt it gets traction in the heartland and on job sites. Regardless, I think we are at least 5 years away if not more from blue collar, working class adoption of EVs. Range is going to have to get better especially in the more spread-out western states. Right now most of these non premium EVs won't get you from Phoenix to LA, San Diego, or Vegas.
I think also, a lot of people simply admire the Tesla brand vehicles and will jump on the truck because they just wanted a truck instead of a car. I know I fit in that bucket. I don't have much use for a sedan personally. Every time we take my ladies car out beyond the city, I always end up regretting it as we always end up in a spot where we could do so much more if we had my truck.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The under load part is huge too. I would love to someday have an electric SUV that can tow my boat. But if I go to the delta to go fishing(been way too long) it's in the 125 to 150 miles roundtrip range. I can guarantee you there aren't any launch ramps with charging stations and won't be for quite some time. So you have to be able to do that trip under load. Because the last thing anybody will want is to risk running out of charge while towing a boat.
This is why the tri motor cytruck is the only one I'm interested in. 200 mile range isn't going to cut it and 200 mile is "optimal conditions" like, driving slow and steady, no tow, etc.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Up another 4k on gme if my stop trigger sells. Will make it 19k on the year. Not making same mistake I did on AMC. I'd be up HUGE if I didn't go o my profits and/or trailed it with stops.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Up another 4k on gme if my stop trigger sells. Will make it 19k on the year. Not making same mistake I did on AMC. I'd be up HUGE if I didn't go o my profits and/or trailed it with stops.

fun isn’t it

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it’s going to 50-100 real soon then falling back down to 10-20 this week.

just a feeling

Hopefully you're right! Now that I'm in the green though I did set stops so that I'll at least break even. I'll up it if it gets into the 20s and hopefully 30 and beyond. What ever it does this was a nice run. I was down a little over 60% at one point so to be up 25% on it now is pretty sweet.

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
AMC has been nuts over the last half hour. Jumped up about $4 all the way to $29.71 and then fell back down into the 25s. Looks like it stabilized at a little over 26 right now. Fun times.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's so disappointing when you sell your volitility and it just keep going up. Not just because you could make more but more because you're not part of the action now. I know better than to jump back in though. It's too late for that.

My call option on amc had a 10.87 breakeven price and I sold at like 13.50. schmuck. I'd look genius selling today.

Yuma

Working from home. Missing my free coffee!
Reaction score
I have been waiting for it to drop, too! So I found a fixed interest fund in my 401k and it returned 14% year over year since my change. I know that's not great compared to the market as a whole, but I will take 14% year in and year out if I could get it! I just keep waiting for the market to drop, even during the Trump years there were indicators that were negative or historically bad, and the market just keeps chugging along. Makes me wonder if this is a redo of the roaring twenties before, and another depression is coming? If so, gotta find some place to build my still when prohibition comes back!!

Devilmaycare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it’s going to 50-100 real soon then falling back down to 10-20 this week.

just a feeling

Wow! We just broke 50! Congrats on your holdings. Wish I had bought more now. Never thought I'd go from 60% down to making 2-3x on the bit I have.