The Mandatory Minicamp thread. 06/11/19-06/13/19

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Kyler cracks me up...you can just see it on his face with some of these inane questions that he can't WAIT to get out of there.

Don't blame him at all, but it is part of the job unfortunately.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban (@Cardschatter)
6/11/19, 3:52 PM
#AZCardinals QB Kyler Murray wrapping up the offseason this week feeling confident, but knowing there will be some tough times. He said he'll know how to handle failure, but he isn't dwelling on that time.

"I’m not waking up thinking, ‘I can’t wait to fail.’ "

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I've said from the very beginning that what some people took for aloofness and douchebaggery, that it was more likely that Kyler just isn't comfortable around the media.

After the way ESPN treated the Arizona Basketball program and the way that people like Stephen A Smith and Rachel Nichols (to be gender-equal) behave, I don’t think that players or coaches should have to talk to the media at all.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
“This offense, Kliff has done a good job of simplifying it, compared to last year when you had a hundred million words you had to say before you called a play,” Kirk said

I am guessing that was only the abridged introductory version of McCoy's playbook. Leftwich plan to dumb it down was probably trying to add an index & prologue

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
“This offense, Kliff has done a good job of simplifying it, compared to last year when you had a hundred million words you had to say before you called a play,” Kirk said

I am guessing that was only the abridged introductory version of McCoy's playbook. Leftwich plan to dumb it down was probably trying to add an index & prologue
I think McCoy was awful, and probably way too complicated, but I'm also concerned about Kliff being too simple. This isn't the flash-card college offense he's used to calling.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He looked more comfortable with his answers again. Good to see.
I like that he addressed dealing with adversity/failure. I also thought a good point was brought up with him having to learn to deal with constant failure in baseball. In baseball you will make errors, be made to look foolish at the plate quite a bit while going through hitting slumps and of course losing plenty of games.

Obviously I'm not saying losing as a QB is the same thing, but a 3 and out can be equated pretty similarly to getting out at the plate and a turnover can be equated to committing an error in baseball. All of those things have one thing in common and that is that you have to quickly move on from it and focus on the next play.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I think McCoy was awful, and probably way too complicated, but I'm also concerned about Kliff being too simple. This isn't the flash-card college offense he's used to calling.
As long as you are changing up your signals and terminology from game to game than I don't think it much matters how simple it is. Ultimately it all comes down to the coach and the QB countering what the oposing defense is trying to do and a lot of those adjustements will be made at the line of scrimmage after the play has been called and the team has lined up.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chemistry Grows Between ‘Sack Brothers’ Terrell Suggs And Chandler Jones
Pairings can often be force-fed.

Just because Terrell Suggs and Chandler Jones are both excellent edge rushers doesn’t mean they have to be best friends. Sometimes, though, the stars align just right.

Suggs returned to the Cardinals this week for mandatory minicamp and his chemistry with Jones looked like it never took a day off.

On Tuesday afternoon, they spent a portion of practice getting into a dance-off. Twenty-four hours earlier, they were mimicking the pose from the movie ‘Stepbrothers’ during a promotional photo shoot.
https://www.azcardinals.com/news/ch...ack-brothers-terrell-suggs-and-chandler-jones

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki)
6/12/19, 12:11 PM
#AZCardinals a couple of other wide receivers Damiere Bryd (2015, 4.28) and Pharoh Cooper have been consistent and making plays; both also competing at KR/PR.

Of the rookie wide receivers KeeSean Johnson has shown his fluid route running and natural catching ability.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far, how accurate is the draft analysis of our QB in the Mini Camp?

Pros:

Super-elusive quarterback with an underrated game. Patient in the pocket, buys as much time as necessary and steps up to avoid defenders. Takes off up the field only when necessary and is a legitimate threat with the ball in his hands. Effectively sells ball fakes, possesses a quick release and takes the safe underneath outlet if nothing else is available. Displays good timing on throws, can drive his deep passes and flashes outstanding pass placement. Shows the ability to put deep throws in front of targets, puts air under long passes and lets receivers run to the ball. Resilient, stands in the pocket and takes a big hit in order to get the throw away.

Neg:
Lacks size and pocket stature. Needs to improve his downfield accuracy.

this is for Taryn Christion http://draftanalyst.com/taryn-christion

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson