The Mandalorian (Disney+)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by oaken1, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Besides it being short, the one thing that stands out to me that could be a negative is that the main story seems to be going nowhere. It's become a pretty episodic show with little to no carryover.

I still really like it, but it seems strange that nothing is really happening for several episodes now. New characters come and go in each episode with no carryover.

2. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

x1000

3. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

It seems to me that we're learning a lot about the character himself. It could be they're going nowhere, but I could see where there have been hints about things brewing just under the surface. We've got the Mandolorian tribe coming out of hiding. We've got something sinister going on with the Empire that is supposed to be dead. Mando is still trying to figure out what to do with the kid and how that's changing himself in the process. He betrayed the guild, so that's out there. I mean, we're five eps in.

4. Covert Rain

Covert Rain Father smelt of elderberries!

Sort of what I was getting at above when I said they feel like they are "holding back". I can't put my finger on it. Not sure if it's because they were trying to establish a general audience or because they are setting something up. I definitely agree that it seems like the story hasn't progressed the last couple episodes. It sucks because we only have a few episodes left. Overall though still loving it. I just hope the season ends with a bang instead of a whimper.

P.S. I wonder how much of the last few episodes was "filler" out of budget considerations based on the astronomical budget of this show.

5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I think chap nailed it. I enjoyed the first couple episodes as it was fun to wade to into Star Wars universe again. Liked seeing the band of mandalorians. It man it’s just gone kinda nowhere. And the episode where he and shock trooper help the village did kinda seem like something outta Xena (as cheese put it). Not exotic location. Not exotic people. Even the “raiders” seemed kinda forced but not really creative and stiff.

6. Chaplin

To top it off, they keep teasing this guy with the boots (Boba Fett, possibly?). The only point I see for that is to get people to watch the next episode.

7. Covert Rain

That would be a massive reveal as they have not really confirmed (post ejection of extended universe) that he survived the pit. Since this is post ROTJ that would be a major reveal he was still running around the universe after that time frame.

8. Chaplin

There we go.

9. Covert Rain

Interesting. Footage from the original TV show concept (by Lucas) is now online. The show was Star Wars: Underworld. Have to be honest. Didn't exactly excite me in any way.

cardncubfan likes this.
  10. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt Didactic

The first few seconds already killed it for me. Who's fluffing idea was it to have her wear stilettos in what appears to be Jedi robes? Even if they weren't Jedi robes, who TF would put on stilettos for what is obviously a covert and dangerous mission?

If this were Fast and Furious, I can see that. Not Star Wars.

11. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Covert Rain likes this.
  12. Covert Rain

I read this when it was announced. Makes sense considering BF was a clone of Jango. Unless it's flashbacks this would be the first official confirmation Boba Bett survived the sarlacc pit. It could be just that. Flashbacks. Maybe he is the one that saved Din.

13. puckhead

puckhead Waxing Gibbous Contributor

LET'S FREAKIN' GO!!!! 10-30-20

14. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

I know they always show the best stuff in trailers, but that already looks better than season 1.