The Manchester United FC thread

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Seeing Jose Mourinho’s press conferences...ouch. He’s hurting. He definitely made it clear he does not like his back line and watching the replay of spurs second goal I can’t say he’s not right to complain.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Seeing Jose Mourinho’s press conferences...ouch. He’s hurting. He definitely made it clear he does not like his back line and watching the replay of spurs second goal I can’t say he’s not right to complain.
I don't know where he goes from here. The players are playing like they are trying to get him fired. He's alienated all of them. They will lose the games anyway, so maybe empty the bench and play guys who may put forth the effort? He's put himself in a corner. Team meeting and admit he's been an cornholio and hope to repair what has happened? This season is lost at this point.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah idk the inner rumblings at United. They actually played with a lot of effort vs spurs. Why they wait to play with that effort vs a quality side is a big problem for me. I saw this same problem with arsenal and Chelsea last season.

You can make the case they deserved better than 0-3 but their back line was poor and clearly in over their head against the spurs attacking players. They were lucky not to concede 4 or 5 goals with how poor they were.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Yeah seeing their fans and former players exploding is hilarious. They are blaming literally everyone else for the clubs failures, yet they don’t realize the toxic environment that they have also made for the players. People say momentum is not real, but culture definitely is real. When you get in a bad slump over a long time it is hard to break out of that. On the flip side when you are a serial winner, it’s more feasible to keep that going if you have the culture in place and continue to bring in the right players.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose