The Leeds United thread

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's right! A thread dedicated to THE best team in the WORLD. The mighty Leeds United. Deep down I know you're all Leeds fans at heart. What isn't to love? All white kits to show our angelic side. Real fans that know how to make noise at a game. Plus, most other fans hate us so it makes it even better!

So join now because if you all start supporting us in a couple of years you'll be called glory fans as we'll be back in the Champions League by then :D

I'll leave you with this to get started.

Honestly the loudest noise i've experienced watching sports. I ended up two rows in front with a big ginger guy kissing my head.

And to those who don't care about Leeds :moon:

gr000000vy

I scored against Derby
Reaction score
League One is basically the 3rd div but Leeds is in the Championship which is the 2nd div...

I like Leeds... Thank you for Cantona, Rio and even Alan Smith until he got hurt... It's nice to have a good feeder team below you....

oh Loved the Damed United as well.... other than that.... eh

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

always been one of my favourite photos....
Ha! I knew that would come up soon enough! My dad was at the game. Couldn't believe how Montgomerie (I think that was the keeper) kept Leeds out.

The day a second division team beat one of the best in the World. For those of you that haven't followed British football for ever, Leeds were one of the best in the World in the 60s/70s.

As for losing in the League Cup. I always like to concentrate on the league anyway :wink2:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, does the 1st division play on the same size pitch with the same amount of players as the EPL?

:) Just having a laugh.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hey, does the 1st division play on the same size pitch with the same amount of players as the EPL?

:) Just having a laugh.
The Championship is where REAL football is played. Well, if real football means kicking the ball as far down the pitch as possible hoping one of your strikers will get a head to it.

It's only temporary anyway, we got bored of the top division and everyone hating us. We thought we'd find new teams to hate us.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Championship is where REAL football is played. Well, if real football means kicking the ball as far down the pitch as possible hoping one of your strikers will get a head to it.

It's only temporary anyway, we got bored of the top division and everyone hating us. We thought we'd find new teams to hate us.
Oops, thought someone said 1st. Anyway, I dug the Damned United movie.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Oops, thought someone said 1st. Anyway, I dug the Damned United movie.
The movie was good, as was the book, but it didn't show Leeds in the best light. Clough was a genius of a manager but was the worst possible choice to manage Leeds who he hated so much.

Plus the casting for some of the players was, well, a bit iffy lets say. Johnny Giles was about 6 inches taller than he really was! It would be like casting a skinny actor to play Charles Barkley.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I've always liked Leeds, and it's a shame they went down. I hope they make it back someday.

I too liked Damned United. The movie was quite well done.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Is Mike Grella still at Leeds? I haven't seen him play but he would have been a high MLS pick out of college had he not gone to England.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ah, Grella. He is on the bench for pretty much every game but rarely gets more than 10 minutes. I think he has a lot of potential but he needs a proper run of games to get his confidence up. The transfer window closes next week and we should bring in a striker by then. If we do I imagine Grella will go out on loan to a League One side.

IMO this is the best thing that he could do. It will give him a chance to play and score then hopefully come back ready to play for us. He is clearly a skillful player. Most of the other players in the team describe him as the most skillful player in the squad, but he needs to toughen up a bit.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Ah, Grella. He is on the bench for pretty much every game but rarely gets more than 10 minutes. I think he has a lot of potential but he needs a proper run of games to get his confidence up. The transfer window closes next week and we should bring in a striker by then. If we do I imagine Grella will go out on loan to a League One side.

IMO this is the best thing that he could do. It will give him a chance to play and score then hopefully come back ready to play for us. He is clearly a skillful player. Most of the other players in the team describe him as the most skillful player in the squad, but he needs to toughen up a bit.

Well it sounds good that the other players speak well of him. On his Wiki page it says he has 5 goals in 22 appearances, that is pretty good production, makes you think he'd see more time.

Skilled but not tough sounds kinda like the opposite of Altidore.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another day another win. Up to 5th now. Premiership here we come!

Or maybe I should wait 41 more games.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What a ****ing shambles that was! Still, 40 games to go and we're on TV this Friday. A good win then and we'll be back in the playoffs.

It was even worse as we took 7,000 fans away to bloody Barnsley on a Tuesday night.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Off to Elland Road today for another Yorkshire derby against Sheffield United.

Taking my daughter to her first Leeds game too.

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Unbeaten in 8 games now. Up to 4th in the Championship, only 2 points off second.

Plus I have confirmation that I got tickets to watch us play Arsenal in the FA Cup. 8,500 Leeds fans will be swarming North London Januray 8th!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unbeaten in 8 games now. Up to 4th in the Championship, only 2 points off second.

Plus I have confirmation that I got tickets to watch us play Arsenal in the FA Cup. 8,500 Leeds fans will be swarming North London Januray 8th!
Post pics!

OP
OP
Milgod

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Post pics!
I didn't get very many pics of the game, but here are a couple of vids I found online.

I was really let down by the Arsenal 'fans'. They were so bloody quiet I forgot they were even there for most of the game. Was a great day, just hope we can get em in the replay.

This one is from before the game started. Arsenal fans still coming into the stadium

WACCOE chant and goal celebrations.

and this one actually catches me. Not planned, just somebody who was sat near me. You can see me at about 1:55 along the bottom (left to right as the camera moves). I have two scarves on (one yellow, one white) and a black top. I'm also starting to go bald so hair line is heading backwards.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose