the league office needs to apologize for that last non-call

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That egregious PI non-call on the last play of the game was inexcusable to have happened in the first place, but then to not even review it upstairs, just as they did on the call they invented upstairs against the Cards, was un-freaking-believable. There's zero integrity in the NFL. The league needs to formally apologize to the Cards tomorrow and admit that that was a missed call - twice.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
That egregious PI non-call on the last play of the game was inexcusable to have happened in the first place, but then to not even review it upstairs, just as they did on the call they invented upstairs against the Cards, was un-freaking-believable. There's zero integrity in the NFL. The league needs to formally apologize to the Cards tomorrow and admit that that was a missed call - twice.

The fact they did not even review the play tells what I need to know about the NFL... this is just entertainment and no longer a sport

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here’s my question was it not reviewed because the time ran out?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NFL is a joke. It's a shell of what it once was. You would think they would look around at all of the empty seats around the league and take pause but the arrogance of Goodell us too much for them to overcome.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The fact they did not even review the play tells what I need to know about the NFL... this is just entertainment and no longer a sport

I don’t get this argument when a team like TB is 2-6 entering today. If this was a winning team then you’d have an argument, but I’d still disagree.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
This game is an example of why pass interference should not be reviewable. One play in the Saints Rams game caused a rule change in the NFL that should not have have been changed. The real problem is Patrick Peterson acting like a baby, Max Williams not catching a ball placed in his hands and poor play by Reddick and David Johnson

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had 4 PI calls on the last 2 drives and got all 4 of them wrong IMO. The 2 against Evans both times he knocked the defnder off with one arm in a swim move and they called PI on the defender who lost his balance because of the push. The Kirk one was a bad call sold by Kirk as the announcer said. And then the no call against Cooper.

All 4 of those they got wrong

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I don’t get this argument when a team like TB is 2-6 entering today. If this was a winning team then you’d have an argument, but I’d still disagree.
So you agree that the rules of the game should depend on your record when winning and losing by such calls which establish your record, the playoffs, the draft and the jobs of people in your league... you need to review your own principles for something which should remain a sport of fair competition to have any validity

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So you agree that the rules of the game should depend on your record when winning and losing by such calls which establish your record, the playoffs, the draft and the jobs of people in your league... you need to review your own principles for something which should remain a sport of fair competition to have any validity
No. I’m stating the bucs have a losing record so why does the NFL care if they beat the cardinals who also have a losing record. If this were to happen and a team had a winning record vs a losing record than you’d have an argument: I would still disagree with that argument because I do not feel the NFL is rigged.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
No. I’m stating the bucs have a losing record so why does the NFL care if they beat the cardinals who also have a losing record. If this were to happen and a team had a winning record vs a losing record than you’d have an argument: I would still disagree with that argument because I do not feel the NFL is rigged.

Why are we all here then, Bucs or Cardinals fans... the NFL made money off of us, as any other team playing, for calling a farce

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL is a joke. It's a shell of what it once was. You would think they would look around at all of the empty seats around the league and take pause but the arrogance of Goodell us too much for them to overcome.

WTH does Roger have to do with this. The Bucs suck = empty seats. Always been that way in the NFL. The Glazers are horrid owners and have always made horrid hires. The NFL doesn't have to sell a single ticket to make a huge profit due to TV revenue and merchandising. I can't even fathom why anyone would buy season tickets.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
but the clock was at 0. If they reviewed it and gave us the PI would we even have any time to kick a fg?

Yes, they would get one more play and there wouldn't be time on the clock.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do we know that the league didn't review the play at the end of the game?

should have been PI, but we made so many idiotic mistakes, ran so much time off the clock for no reason and played such horrific D at the end, that I'm not going to lose my crap over a heave in the air that had some contact on it with zeroes on the clock because we had been so pathetic previous.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
WTH does Roger have to do with this. The Bucs suck = empty seats. Always been that way in the NFL. The Glazers are horrid owners and have always made horrid hires. The NFL doesn't have to sell a single ticket to make a huge profit due to TV revenue and merchandising. I can't even fathom why anyone would buy season tickets.
Roger has everything to do with it with idiotic rules and tainting a product that is turning off fans. Empty seats are all over the league not just in Tampa.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This game is an example of why pass interference should not be reviewable. One play in the Saints Rams game caused a rule change in the NFL that should not have have been changed. The real problem is Patrick Peterson acting like a baby, Max Williams not catching a ball placed in his hands and poor play by Reddick and David Johnson
Yup. On the field it is a judgement call. In the booth it is a judgement call. These reviews have spoiled the flow of the game and brought out the hostility of the fans.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Yup. On the field it is a judgement call. In the booth it is a judgement call. These reviews have spoiled the flow of the game and brought out the hostility of the fans.

I almost miss the era of the early 90s with no instant replay. Getting sick of 30 minutes per game spent in the booth

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave