The Last Drive

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Hated that we took two shots at the endzone from 30 yards out on second and third down, both into double coverage. We were moving the ball fine, had plenty of time, and had the Seahawks on their heels. Plus, even if we score, there would have been 30 seconds left and Seattle had three timeouts. I wish we would have just kept using the short pass and run to get into the endzone with no time left.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would have liked them to call a running play on 2nd down. However the 3rd down play was good...just late throw and needed a better attempt from Andy to draw the flag.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know kylers shoulder was hurting, but there was a play where he scooted right a bit that I thought he could’ve run. Not a TD, but maybe making the first down gettable. Right now we aren’t a smart team. Not the players or kliff. And whomever is in charge of having effective kickoff and punt returners. Awful.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
they were trying to do it on 4th down too, I think. all the receivers were running straight for the end zone when kyler was sacked

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hated that we took two shots at the endzone from 30 yards out on second and third down, both into double coverage. We were moving the ball fine, had plenty of time, and had the Seahawks on their heels. Plus, even if we score, there would have been 30 seconds left and Seattle had three timeouts. I wish we would have just kept using the short pass and run to get into the endzone with no time left.
Totally agree. I kept yelling "we don't need a TD right now, just get the first down". Sometimes it looks like we are unstoppable dinking and dunking down the field and then we shoot our selves in the foot by trying to get greedy. Just do what is working until they stop it. That D Hop curl route on the sideline was open all night long. I assume it was the shoulder bothering him but Kyler was skittish all night long about running. Even that last 4th down play, he had an opening to run. You can't take a sack

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That last 4 downs were definitely not Kyler's finest. HE is going to watch the film and see where he went away from what got them down the field. Good learning experience.