The Keto Diet

Discussion in 'Body and Health' started by Brian in Mesa, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

I get what you're saying about fad diets and I'm sure we'd agree there. However, your theory about the simple math of calories in calories out just doesn't agree with science, or at least the studies I've read.

I'm not sure if a strict keto diet would prohibit an apple or not (probably depends on what else you're eating too), but I definitely wouldn't think twice about eating an apple. As long as I didn't plan on sitting still for a long period of time afterward. Apple juice however is an entirely different story. You're body has no idea what to do with a blast of that much sugar with no fiber.

2. Bada0Bing

Bada0Bing Don't Stop Believin'

I kinda do prep, but not for any specific reason. I just like to have fun with it, since it's my last meal for a while. Then I just have my normal coffee in the morning (just black of course). Plenty of water and La Croixs during the day. Usually just a regular meal is fine coming off the fast and I'm full pretty quick. Then I'm usually hungry again pretty soon. However, I've read many stories of people rushing back to food too quickly and having issues, so I would take it slow initially.

82CardsGrad likes this.
  3. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

I’ve increased my cal intake over 3k/day. That’s a lot for me so I’m eating sauerkraut to keep things moving. Mentally I feel great on low carb diet but can’t keep weight (good weight).

Yuma likes this.
  4. Yuma

Yuma I got a job! Thanks BigRedRage!

I love Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, Cauliflower. I would mix a lot of that into my diet, too. I found if you did 60% or more veggies to meat/cheese, that helps. I found most people were eating 80 percent meat/cheese and having problems digestively.

5. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

I eat deep fried twinkies