Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Interview

Release Date: December 25, 2014
Studio: Columbia Pictures (Sony)
Directors: Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg
MPAA Rating: R (for pervasive language, crude and sexual humor, nudity, some drug use and bloody violence)
Genre: Comedy

Starring: James Franco, Seth Rogen, Lizzy Caplan, Randall Park
Screenwriter: Dan Sterling

Plot Summary: In the action-comedy "The Interview," Dave Skylark (James Franco) and his producer Aaron Rapoport (Seth Rogen) run the popular celebrity tabloid TV show 'Skylark Tonight.' When they discover that North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is a fan of the show, they land an interview with him in an attempt to legitimize themselves as journalists. As Dave and Aaron prepare to travel to Pyongyang, their plans change when the CIA recruits them, perhaps the most unlikely candidates, to 'take out' Kim Jong-un.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be ok but as soon as I heard about it I thought it would be ok at best.

Now sony getting hacked, threats to those who watch it and everything else falling out - the media, filmmakers,. show makers really do like to prod at our enemies.

I remember family guy putting Mohammed on TV caused a big uproar as well.

Hopefully it is funny anyway but I will be waiting for dvd or a its been out for a while theater showing to make sure i dont get suicide bombed by kim jong un.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow. flat out pulled. I'm actually a little shocked.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not download this tonight and watch it. ;)

But if I did, I would say it was mildly entertaining.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Downloaded on Youtube from our computer, but can't get to play on our tv, says "licensing" issue. There went 5.99!

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man wants refund after buying $650 in tickets to 'The Interview' at Esquire Theatre

http://www.abc15.com/entertainment/...he-interview-at-esquire-theatre?autoplay=true

The controversial film "The Interview" has been the buzz of the entertainment world in recent weeks.

So when Jason Best learned that a local movie house was among the 300-plus theaters across the country that planned to debut the film on Christmas Day, he wanted in.

Due to the limited release, Best bought 50 tickets to the showings at the Esquire Theatre in Clifton. He spent $650, or $13 per ticket (with service charges), because he thought he’d get his money back when he sold them online.

But his plan backfired once Sony, the distributor of the film, announced it was releasing the film to streaming services like YouTube, Hulu and Netflix.

Once he realized that the he wasn't going to be able to sell the tickets, he tried to return them to the Esquire.

The Esquire's management team said no.

While tickets are usually refundable, the theater's head manager, Allyson Duncan, said the return policy operates on a case-by-case basis. She said they never give refunds for special events.

:doi:

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man wants refund after buying $650 in tickets to 'The Interview' at Esquire Theatre

http://www.abc15.com/entertainment/...he-interview-at-esquire-theatre?autoplay=true

The controversial film "The Interview" has been the buzz of the entertainment world in recent weeks.

So when Jason Best learned that a local movie house was among the 300-plus theaters across the country that planned to debut the film on Christmas Day, he wanted in.

Due to the limited release, Best bought 50 tickets to the showings at the Esquire Theatre in Clifton. He spent $650, or $13 per ticket (with service charges), because he thought he’d get his money back when he sold them online.

But his plan backfired once Sony, the distributor of the film, announced it was releasing the film to streaming services like YouTube, Hulu and Netflix.

Once he realized that the he wasn't going to be able to sell the tickets, he tried to return them to the Esquire.

The Esquire's management team said no.

While tickets are usually refundable, the theater's head manager, Allyson Duncan, said the return policy operates on a case-by-case basis. She said they never give refunds for special events.

:doi:

That is BS. Can't believe they didn't refund him. Paid for something that never happened. I'm sure a lawsuit is coming.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is BS. Can't believe they didn't refund him. Paid for something that never happened. I'm sure a lawsuit is coming.

Nope. If the showing did not happen he likely would have gotten a refund. He paid for tickets to the limited release - which did happen.

He was gambling that the demand would be so great that people would line up to pay inflated prices for his seats when the theater was sold out. But then it became available online also and theater demand dropped considerably.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wha? The theater still showed the movie. There just wasn't the demand for tickets the guy hoped for. He's a greedy idiot who took a risk and got burned. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Wha? The theater still showed the movie. There just wasn't the demand for tickets the guy hoped for. He's a greedy idiot who took a risk and got burned. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Exactamundo. This lawsuit is yet another example of the idiocy of trying to take advantage of the justice system.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
This was actually one of their funnier dumb comedies. Randall Park was hilarious as Kim.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave