The inside story of Roger Federer's latest comeback: Wall tennis, a bromance with Dan Evans...

ASFN Admin

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roger Federer has lived through 404 days, and two keyhole operations, since his last competitive tennis match. The recovery has been long and draining, but – as ever with Federer – successfully accomplished. So, as he prepares for his return match on Wednesday, how exactly did he prepare himself for his latest comeback at the age of 39? Loving rehab If there is one thing any athlete hates, it is rehab. At least, that is true for the vast majority. But not, apparently, for Federer. While describing his time away on Sunday, he struck a typically upbeat note. "I am just really happy that I have made the long and hard road with my physios, my doctors, my coaches, and my fitness trainers,” Federer said. “Because in a way I have enjoyed it. I don’t mind doing rehab for them. They are impressed by me how I go about it.” That final sentence sent the Fed-ometer spinning. It comes from the same school as his 2011 comment about visiting Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium: “I met the players; they were extremely happy.” A friend of mine jots down these not-so-humblebrags in a notebook, which must be spilling over by now.

Continue reading...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson