The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mehhhh lost intrest after last hunger gms

I do like jennifer lawerence though is she in this 1? And she is sooooo hot lol sexy voice to heh

1st 2 were decent however

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mehhhh lost intrest after last hunger gms

I do like jennifer lawerence though is she in this 1? And she is sooooo hot lol sexy voice to heh

1st 2 were decent however
Nope. The prequel movie takes place 65 years before the first entry in Katniss' story, therefore placing it around 49 years before her character was even born.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hunger Games... without any of the main characters you're invested in!

I got so bored by this, I couldn't even make it past 90 seconds. No way in hell they get me in the theater for this.

I predict a crash and burn.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
It's not like anyone knows the characters before you knew them - so that type of stuff doesn't bother me on its own

There have been prequels before - some work ok, some don't

Snow and the capital were awful and the games barbaric, so could be an interesting story on when it starts to turn

However, these stories were compelling due to the fight against the powers instead of the fight against each other

Sometimes the bad guys win though.

I hope they don't try to recreate the characters from the various districts - that happens a little in perfectly prequels where they want to make a nod to our capture the original and it comes off cheap

That's my biggest concern with new characters

My daughter just started reading the series and hasn't seen any of the movies

If she wants to watch it, I'll take her - if not, i may not catch this one

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw the first one when it came out and didn’t much care for it. But, just a couple of months ago, all three (?) were shown on TV. I watched the first one, then the other two. I enjoyed them. :wink2:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the first one when it came out and didn’t much care for it. But, just a couple of months ago, all three (?) were shown on TV. I watched the first one, then the other two. I enjoyed them. :wink2:
I only saw the first one and immediately thought after watching it that there must have been much more character development in the book. We were supposed to really mourn a character that was killed and there really hadn't been enough connection between the audience, the main character, and that character to be worthy of such a reaction.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I only saw the first one and immediately thought after watching it that there must have been much more character development in the book. We were supposed to really mourn a character that was killed and there really hadn't been enough connection between the audience, the main character, and that character to be worthy of such a reaction.
I can compare this to the Red Rising book series which has a similar situation.You care about that character because of how important they are(symbolism wise)to the overall story and the importance to the protagonist as opposed to their character development in book.