The Hangover

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
It was ok. My wife thought it was the funniest thing ever. Some lady sat directly behind me and must have laughed from the previews until the credits. I thought the jokes were forced and stiff. I kept asking myself what was wrong with me as I could not even fake laugh at some of the stuff. People were falling all over themselves and I just didn't see it. Really didn't see the need for Heather Graham or Mike Epps to even be in the movie. They added nothing. I can't believe they would sign on for bit roles.

I can't believe you just said that Heather Graham added nothing to the movie.

Maybe you should go in for a CAT scan.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really didn't see the need for Heather Graham or Mike Epps to even be in the movie. They added nothing. I can't believe they would sign on for bit roles.

No Mike Epps, no major part of the plot. No Heather Graham, no boobies.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It was ok. My wife thought it was the funniest thing ever. Some lady sat directly behind me and must have laughed from the previews until the credits. I thought the jokes were forced and stiff. I kept asking myself what was wrong with me as I could not even fake laugh at some of the stuff. People were falling all over themselves and I just didn't see it. Really didn't see the need for Heather Graham or Mike Epps to even be in the movie. They added nothing. I can't believe they would sign on for bit roles.

Mike Epps and Heather Graham ARE bit actors nowadays.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe you just said that Heather Graham added nothing to the movie.

Maybe you should go in for a CAT scan.

Heather Graham as a stripper? :biglaugh: Look I like her and think she's cute, but come on. She offered nothing to the movie. Neither did Mike Epps. Sure he isn't an A list actor or even a B list at this point, but they could have given him something funny to say at least.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
The Hangover???

I actually think that creativity adds to a movie, something that Nacho Libre and the other movies I mentioned have and the Hangover lacks. A movie about not remembering the night before, while throwing in *****, boobs, and drugs, is about as original as a love story where one person is on their way to the airport and gets stopped at the last second at the gate.

Well, I kinda have to agree. On the originality scale, give it a 2.

But it was the execution that made it a hilarious movie. Just saw it and thoroughly enjoyed it! Seemed to me a lot of it was ad-lib; I mean, how could some of that stuff be scripted, LoL.

I still haven't found out how he ended up in the emergency room - did I miss that part? :confused:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I kinda have to agree. On the originality scale, give it a 2.

But it was the execution that made it a hilarious movie. Just saw it and thoroughly enjoyed it! Seemed to me a lot of it was ad-lib; I mean, how could some of that stuff be scripted, LoL.

I still haven't found out how he ended up in the emergency room - did I miss that part? :confused:

In the credits, it looked like Wayne Newton beat him up.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had low expectations. I thought parts were really funny. Watched it twice on a long plane flight.

Some of the acting was terrible. Zack G and the guys from the Daily Show were good.

So glad it was not an Apatow movie.

I give it a 7/10.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched it again. Every bit as good the 2nd time around!

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched it again. Every bit as good the 2nd time around!

I just watched it again for a 3rd time. However this time I watched the Unrated version on BluRay. The Unrated version had nothing worth seeing IMO.

Still one of the funniest movies I've seen in a while. Defintely the funniest movie of the year.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching it again right now. Still love it. Freaking funny and way better than freaking Juno and stuff. Seriously? Juno?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching it again right now. Still love it. Freaking funny and way better than freaking Juno and stuff. Seriously? Juno?

Juno is a great movie. I wouldn't compare it to The Hangover though. Two totally different kinds of movies.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Juno is a great movie. I wouldn't compare it to The Hangover though. Two totally different kinds of movies.

Exactly. Juno is that quirky, dry American kind of humor, while the Hangover is just flat-out goofball comedy.

Now, Hangover 2? I don't freakin' think so.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's what I meant. They really are totally different, so I can't see someone saying one is better than the other.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Two different movies, both are excellent and hilarious. Juno was one of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile. Hangover was slap-stick awesomeness :)

Passepartout

July 4th Fireworks
Reaction score
The Hangover really had some funny parts but didn't think, it was all that great. As it was way too much hype. Sorry if I offend any fans of the movie.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two different movies, both are excellent and hilarious. Juno was one of the funniest movies I've seen in awhile. Hangover was slap-stick awesomeness :)

I thought Juno was good, but nowhere near one of the funniest movies I've ever seen, even in a while.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Rewatched this 10 years later...still hilarious from start to finish, including the credits. I don't think there's been a raunchy comedy released since 2009 that is better.

Won't bother rewatching the sequels though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave