Reaction score
The Green Knight

Release Date: July 30, 2021
Studio: A24
Director: David Lowery
MPAA Rating: R for violence, some sexuality and graphic nudity
Screenwriter: David Lowery
Genre: Fantasy

Starring: Sean Harris, Joel Edgerton, Dev Patel, Alicia Vikander, Ralph Ineson, Barry Keoghan

Plot Summary: A fantasy re-telling of the medieval story of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I've heard some vague comparisons to Excalibur, as it's been a long time since we've had a good dark R-rated fantasy movie. I'm really looking forward to his. I love Dev Patel as an actor.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the reviews on this thing are out of this world. sounds like a movie theater experience.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, you know I will.

waiting on you Chap! This movie’s reviews were so ridiculously out of this world that I’m super curious to hear if it comes close to living up to the hype.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So ok.

What a movie. If you go into it thinking it’s going to be like Lord of the Rings you will be disappointed. This is an art film that amazingly got mainstream marketing.

Beautiful film but a bit slow and long, like art films tend to be. The supernatural aspects of the film are part of the world, so they don’t really concentrate on it to say, “Hey look at us! We can have great CGI!”

Acting and direction is great but there are 2 main strengths: cinematography and sound design. The sound was spectacular.

I think this film has a good chance of being a big player at the oscars.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose