The Green Bay Packers home field advantage in the playoffs will be meaningless

Red Samurai

Reaction score
I know people mention the “frozen tundra” in Lambeau field and no one wants to face the Packers there come playoff season. But maybe they don’t realize the Packers have lost a lot of post season home games there in recent history.They may have started 13-0, but are only 7-6 in their past 13 post season home games. I think they are just as vulnerable at home as they are on the road

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love our past playoff history at SFS, but the way we are playing on the road vs at home this season I'd rather we play them there even if it means not being at the game.

OP
OP
Red Samurai

Red Samurai

Reaction score
I love our past playoff history at SFS, but the way we are playing on the road vs at home this season I'd rather we play them there even if it means not being at the game.
Actually the Cards are better at home in post season even when they finish the regular season better on the road. There were two playoff seasons where that happened and they played the Packers and beat them at home in the playoffs. We are 5-0 all time in playoff home games. So it is better for us to earn the #1 seed. But earning the 2 seed and Green Bay getting the 1 seed won’t be bad.