The Greateat QB in Cards History is Now an OC

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lindley will out airmail them all

I guess if you factor in playing time it's probably Lindley as the worst not the greatest but I would argue Rick McIvor was actually the worst. He was the classic Bidwill lowball move. The Cards had a playoff caliber team with the best offense in the NFL, but Bidwill kept McIvor, who I think was a rookie, as the backup QB to Lomax to save money. Neil was great until he got a shoulder injury, but the Cards were afraid to play McIvor because he was terrible only 4 attempts all year, 0-4. So they played Lomax with the injury, we lost several games because he simply wasn't healthy, and wound up missing the playoffs.

Then if you're like me you strongly suspect playing those games with that injury probably contributed to the hip injury that eventually ended Lomax's career too.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stan Gelbaugh is statistically worse, but not by much, so we'll except Lindley as the answer to this question.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Stoney Case says hold my beer. I didn’t realize he was only 50. That’s only 5 years older than Brady. For some reason I thought he was older.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kent Graham says shall not move ball past 50 yd line

Let's gooooo cards hoorahhh

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose