The Great Tacos as a Religion Debate

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
lol I second this even though I never saw that post. I prefer tacos myself. Burritos and enchilads are good but tacos are very simple.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Corn recipe is a little more time intensive but worth it. Homemade is always best...IMO

oh man you are changing my life.

I could add seasonings to that flour and make a bomb ass flour tortilla

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think you get the best bang for your buck at Carolina's. The burritos are like $3-$4 and are really good. when it opens, order the Oaxaca Burrito (beans, potatoes, chorizo) - my mouth is watering thinking about this burrito....

The Oaxaca is my absolute favorite!

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
oh man you are changing my life.

I could add seasonings to that flour and make a bomb ass flour tortilla

Yup! Chili powder and the juice from store-bought minced garlic makes any batter better. Tell me what you would use.

Still, Quinoa flour by itself, is an awesome base. I live in SW missouri so I have to grind it myself from boxed Quinoa. Worth it!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy, you guys talking about Al Pastor. I've made these a few times.

So this was good, had to go to food city to get anchiote paste and guarillo pepper.

Moving forward, maybe its because I had 3 lbs instead of 5 but this was dry. In the future I will be using this marinade however I will grill the food instead of cooking in an oven to get a more juicy meat.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So this was good, had to go to food city to get anchiote paste and guarillo pepper.

Moving forward, maybe its because I had 3 lbs instead of 5 but this was dry. In the future I will be using this marinade however I will grill the food instead of cooking in an oven to get a more juicy meat.
I inject the marinade into each piece before cooking. Much juicier. Also great on the grill.

Make sure you let the meat rest for 10-20 minutes afer the cook so it can re-absorb the juices, before slicing.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not a taco but it's what's for dinner at my house.

Green chili stew!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't eat tacos tonight but I had the pastor tacos for lunch and again tomorrow for lunch.

I might buy some pre marinated Pollo asada to get me through the rest of the week. Already went through two batches of Pico too :shock:

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't eat tacos tonight but I had the pastor tacos for lunch and again tomorrow for lunch.

I might buy some pre marinated Pollo asada to get me through the rest of the week. Already went through two batches of Pico too :shock:

I love me some pico. I can eat it on just about anything.

MrYeahBut

Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you want to marinate your own sometime, this stuff is great right of the jar. No preservatives! Makes great enchiladas and I use it for taco sauce.

Uhhh, this is medium hot and it's got a pretty decent bite to it.