The Good Wife (CBS)

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watched this last night, I was intrigued by the previews, thought I'd give it a chance...

Overall I think I liked it.. it seems like it is more of a lawer show, but it IMO, it did it pretty well...

Did anyone else catch this first episode?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Good Wife

You must be registered for see images attach

The Good Wife is a drama starring Emmy Award winner Julianna Margulies as a wife and mother who boldly assumes full responsibility for her family and re-enters the workforce after her husband's very public sex and political corruption scandal lands him in jail. Pushing aside the betrayal and public humiliation caused by her husband, Peter, Alicia Florrick starts over by pursuing her original career as a defense attorney. As a junior associate at a prestigious Chicago law firm, she joins her longtime friend, former law school classmate and firm partner Will Gardner, who is interested to see how Alicia will perform after 13 years out of the courtroom. Alicia is grateful the firm's top litigator, Diane Lockhart, offers to mentor her but discovers the offer has conditions and realizes she's going to need to succeed on her own merit. Alicia's main competition among the firm's 20-something new recruits is Cary, a recent Harvard grad who is affable on the surface, but is competitive to the core. Fortunately, Alicia finds an ally in Kalinda, the firm's tough in-house investigator. Gaining confidence every day, Alicia transforms herself from embarrassed politician's scorned wife to resilient career woman, especially for the sake of providing a stable home for her children, 14-year-old Zach and 13-year-old Grace. For the first time in years, Alicia trades in her identity as the "good wife" and takes charge of her own destiny.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Kings are masters. I only watched a couple episodes of this show on a plane once, and even coming into the middle of season 4 blind, the characters were so well drawn that it didn’t matter that I had no clue what was going on.

Did that again with The Good Fight which was their spinoff on CBS ALL ACCESS. Didn’t watch Season 1, came in halfway through Season 2 and immediately got drawn in. That show was wild. They messed with format, timelines, went right at contemporary issues, even turned the show into musical cartoon every once in a while. Just completely unexpected mold breaking TV.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
The Kings are masters. I only watched a couple episodes of this show on a plane once, and even coming into the middle of season 4 blind, the characters were so well drawn that it didn’t matter that I had no clue what was going on.

Did that again with The Good Fight which was their spinoff on CBS ALL ACCESS. Didn’t watch Season 1, came in halfway through Season 2 and immediately got drawn in. That show was wild. They messed with format, timelines, went right at contemporary issues, even turned the show into musical cartoon every once in a while. Just completely unexpected mold breaking TV.
I started binging good fight right after...that show has some hilarious moments

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson