The good, the bad, and the ugly!

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I know, right? Like why give Rodgers adams and jones or dak Cooper lamb elliot and an expensive line or Brady evans Godwin Howard fournette brown and gronk or rothkisberger back in the day with bell brown and heap . . . oh
Meh. You get 3 complementary pieces over the long term. What has Dallas won? Rodgers doesn’t have those weapons AND a dominant OL.

Not everyone on your offense can be a pro bowler—especially when you can’t build through the draft. Hop, Ertz, and Humphries should be enough.

It’s not the fault of the complementary pieces that Kyler can’t play through the regular bumps and bruises of the regular season without turning into post-injury RG3.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know, right? Like why give Rodgers adams and jones or dak Cooper lamb elliot and an expensive line or Brady evans Godwin Howard fournette brown and gronk or rothkisberger back in the day with bell brown and heap . . . oh
Good point... but Heap was a Raven.

...dbs

nashman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Any team is in trouble if the starting QB goes down, it’s the nfl **** happens. An ankle sprain is hardly reason to think he’s not the QB here for years to come.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, right now I'm having a hard time with that "good" because we have an injury-plagued franchise QB. This will be two straight years of high injury impact on the team because of KM. Let's face it, until he's back in the lineup, our goose is cooked.
you make him sound like carson wentz or something

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I know, I'm being highly reactionary. It's hard to get past the thought that the universe would go, "Sure, we'll give yinz a top franchise QB...but he'll never have a fully healthy season and you'll only ever squeak into the playoffs."

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Haha, nice. Let's break it down a little:

In 2019 Murry didn't miss any games. He may not have even missed any plays. Great.

Then, 2020, and the shoulder and foot injuries, both of which seriously derailed a promising season.

Now in 2021, out two games, with the possibility of a third looming. There was also the biceps or shoulder thing that happened during the either during the LA or SF game, and which he played through.

You guys know that I'm Murray's biggest fan, so my analysis of the above is surely biased. But thanks to the 2019 season, I don't think there's quite enough evidence yet to say that Murray has durability issues, and if he comes back this year and plays the rest of the games, hopefully everyone else will draw the same conclusion.

Dynomite

Rookie
Reaction score
IMO until Kyler shows he can play an entire season we really can’t even count him as the long term answer
He misses a couple games next season and I’m diving back into the draft for a QB.... hell, might do it this year if there’s a guy.... at least have a talented backup that can make Murray look over his shoulder a bit
What a monstrously horrible take. Kyler is a top 8 qb in the league. And you want to dip into the draft for another qb. I swear a loss can really make peoples brains melt out of their head.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The point of this thread is that once we pay Kyler, we aren't going to be able to afford a top OL, top RBs, top WRs, a top TE, and a top defense. You have to give up something. This is why the draft is so key. Cheap talent which improves key positions without having to pay huge money. Why you probably can't keep Green AND Kirk, but 1 is an option because Rondale is cheap.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Look we can't keep on drafting amazingly talented off-ball linebackers in the first round AND draft offensive linemen that can be productive starters in their first contract. It's simple math.
Good hell you know how to trigger me. It's like you know I watch Tampa games because of Brady and Wirfs.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And I like Collins as a prospect still but I can't ignore that Darrisaw, Oweh, Phillips and Rousseau were all available and we passed for another ILB project. Some of this is Vance, but that was always the reality. Positional value is a thing.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a monstrously horrible take. Kyler is a top 8 qb in the league. And you want to dip into the draft for another qb. I swear a loss can really make peoples brains melt out of their head.
what a monstrously stupid opinion.

I dont give a damn about the loss.. not one whit.

what I do give a damn about is the redbirds having a QB they can count on every week.

when Kyler was drafted my concerns were injuries due to size and playstyle.... he has been adjusting his playstyle.... but we are losing games every season because kyler is hurt

so what do you do when your top THREE QB keeps going down and it costs you games.... or a playoff berth like last season?? what do you do?.... I aint a smart ****** like some of you guys but I think you get another QB you can count on..... draft a talented kid, second round maybe... and he pushes kyler.... not just at practice but during games.... then you have a quality backup....and kyler thinking, "**** this guy is pretty good I better not miss any time"...and if kyler goes down, this team will keep winning

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardsunsfan