The Good Dinosaur

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Good Dinosaur

Release Date: November 25, 2015 (3D/2D theaters)
Studio: Disney•Pixar
Director: Peter Sohn
MPAA Rating: PG (for peril, action and thematic elements)
Screenwriter: N/A
Genre: Comedy, Animation
Website: Disney.com/TheGoodDinosaur | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Starring: Raymond Ochoa, Jeffery Wright, Steve Zahn, AJ Buckley, Anna Paquin, Sam Elliott, Frances McDormand, Marcus Scribner, Jack Bright

Plot Summary: "The Good Dinosaur" asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? Pixar Animation Studios takes you on an epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo (voice of Raymond Ochoa) makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyone see this yet?

I literally couldn't even bribe my kids with Nachos (which like, always works) to go see this over the weekend! lol Just no interest at all for them. I kindof want to see it, looks different.

I'm waiting for one of my friends here to say its good before I go see it by myself like a freaking weirdo, lol.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just googled it to see how the reviews are and how it did. Seems like reviews are good and it did really well over the weekend, but apparently people are pissed because it's too sad/scary.. hmmm

My kids favorite game is Five Nights at Freddy's so I think they're gonna be ok. lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-induced-hallucinations-vicious-attacks.html

'Children were in tears': The Good Dinosaur draws criticism from parents for its depiction of death, drug-induced hallucinations and vicious attacks
The animated Pixar film The Good Dinosaur opened to positive reviews last week and made $68.7million at the box office
Many parents however are shocked at how violent the PG film is, leaving many children in tears
'Children were crying and leaving the theater. My little one asked me to never see it again,' wrote one parent
'My husband's sleeve was soaked from my 10-year-old's tears, the 2-year-old was terrified,' wrote another parent
Even most critics note in their reviews that the movie is very emotional
In addition to the violence, the film also depicts the death of a parent, drug-induced hallucinations and a boy who is treated like a dog

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone see this yet?

I literally couldn't even bribe my kids with Nachos (which like, always works) to go see this over the weekend! lol Just no interest at all for them. I kindof want to see it, looks different.

I'm waiting for one of my friends here to say its good before I go see it by myself like a freaking weirdo, lol.

It's actually pretty good but not the best Pixar has done. I saw it with my girlfriend, her 10 year old niece, and 2 14 year old girls. The kids all loved it, my GF loved it, I liked it but didn't love it.

Young kids all over, some were not to thrilled early there's some "scary" stuff but the kids seemed to love it, at least the ones who weren't coughing and sneezing, man I hope I didn't get sick in that theater with all those sick kids.

We didn't see it in 3D, some of the stuff might have been cooler in 3D but one of the kids hates 3D, makes her feel nauseous.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just googled it to see how the reviews are and how it did. Seems like reviews are good and it did really well over the weekend, but apparently people are pissed because it's too sad/scary.. hmmm

My kids favorite game is Five Nights at Freddy's so I think they're gonna be ok. lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-induced-hallucinations-vicious-attacks.html

'Children were in tears': The Good Dinosaur draws criticism from parents for its depiction of death, drug-induced hallucinations and vicious attacks
The animated Pixar film The Good Dinosaur opened to positive reviews last week and made $68.7million at the box office
Many parents however are shocked at how violent the PG film is, leaving many children in tears
'Children were crying and leaving the theater. My little one asked me to never see it again,' wrote one parent
'My husband's sleeve was soaked from my 10-year-old's tears, the 2-year-old was terrified,' wrote another parent
In addition to the violence, the film also depicts the death of a parent, drug-induced hallucinations and a boy who is treated like a dog

Drug induced is a stretch and that's a funny scene.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's actually pretty good but not the best Pixar has done. I saw it with my girlfriend, her 10 year old niece, and 2 14 year old girls. The kids all loved it, my GF loved it, I liked it but didn't love it.

Young kids all over, some were not to thrilled early there's some "scary" stuff but the kids seemed to love it, at least the ones who weren't coughing and sneezing, man I hope I didn't get sick in that theater with all those sick kids.

We didn't see it in 3D, some of the stuff might have been cooler in 3D but one of the kids hates 3D, makes her feel nauseous.

Cool sounds good Russ, I will probably go see it this week. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Boohoo to those parents. Do they not watch old disney movies? Some sad stuff tends to happen. I heard the dinosaurs eat berrys and go on an acid trip, sounds like a good scene.

My coworker saw it, I asked her if its another land before time and she said no, its lion king with dinosaurs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boohoo to those parents. Do they not watch old disney movies? Some sad stuff tends to happen. I heard the dinosaurs eat berrys and go on an acid trip, sounds like a good scene.

My coworker saw it, I asked her if its another land before time and she said no, its lion king with dinosaurs.

Seriously. Disney's whole motto for cartoons was kill the parent in the story quick and you've got your audience on the hook for the duration.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the second Pixar movie in a row my little one simply didn't care if she watched it. She and even my older two normally jump at every Pixar film. This one? Meh.

We are going to ask my youngest if she wants to go see this one over the weekend but I am not holding my breath.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This is the second Pixar movie in a row my little one simply didn't care if she watched it. She and even my older two normally jump at every Pixar film. This one? Meh.

We are going to ask my youngest if she wants to go see this one over the weekend but I am not holding my breath.

So I'm guessing Inside Out was the other one? That's a shame, Inside Out was one of their best.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm guessing Inside Out was the other one? That's a shame, Inside Out was one of their best.

It was Inside Out. It was OK but so overrated IMO. In fact, my little one usually enjoys Pixar films so much that she wants every toy associated with it after. She didn't and to date has not asked for a single toy from that movie. When we went to see the movie, I had never seen so many kids in the theater all over the place not paying attention. I think the adults enjoyed it more than the kids. To me..it's probably the most unbalanced Pixar movie to date (content for kids vs adults).

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I believe that Inside out is one of the most brilliant films of the year, children film or not. My kids absolutely loved it and understood it. But to each their own. Not only that, it has resonated with my youngest and given her a greater understanding of why people behave the way they do. My older daughter was having a pout the other day and my youngest says; "She's letting Anger drive right now." I was really proud. I get that some people didn't like it but I thought it was absolutely beautifully made and executed.

And I totally agree about boohooing parents. God forbid your children actually get a lesson or a small dose of reality out of a film right? Cartoons should be all explosions and princes and happily ever afters right? Next time these people should skip Pixar who is actually trying to make art, and take their kids to a Michael Bay film.

Oh your kid got upset and you had to be a parent for 5 minutes and actually explain something to them? Jeez people, please forgive pixar for this transgression.

All the great animated features of my youth had tragedy.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I totally agree about boohooing parents. God forbid your children actually get a lesson or a small dose of reality out of a film right? Cartoons should be all explosions and princes and happily ever afters right? Next time these people should skip Pixar who is actually trying to make art, and take their kids to a Michael Bay film.

Oh your kid got upset and you had to be a parent for 5 minutes and actually explain something to them? Jeez people, please forgive pixar for this transgression.

All the great animated features of my youth had tragedy.

I think Disney since it's early animation days has been really good about passive aggressively teaching kids about loss, over coming that loss and pushing through when life isn't going your way. How people can bemoan that I have no clue. It my opinion...it has been and is brilliant on Disney's part. Plus it resonates with adults by pushing the tear jerk button.

My issue with Inside Out wasn't the content. It was balance. This seemed geared more towards the adults than the kids or at least older kids for sure. That's what I mean by unbalanced. I don't mind the real life lessons part.

My neighbor just took his kids and he pretty much felt the same way about Inside & Out. So he is probably a good measuring stick for me. He said this movie was the polar opposite of Inside & Out but just as unbalanced but in the other direction. Said more shallow and light than many of Pixar's recent outings.

Last edited:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think Disney since it's early animation days has been really good about passive aggressively teaching kids about loss, over coming that loss and pushing through when life isn't going your way.

How people can bemoan that I have no clue. It my opinion...it has been and is brilliant on Disney's part. Plus it resonates with adults by pushing the tear jerk button.

My issue with Inside Out wasn't the content. It was balance. This seemed geared more towards the adults than the kids or at least older kids for sure. That's what I mean by unbalanced. I don't mind the real life lessons part.

No worries buddy, wasn't specifically directed at you, I was just musing about people in general. I agree with many of your points above.

I've heard tons of people say they didn't like it. Different strokes for different folks! I think it's great for Pixar to make some movies like this that are a bit polarizing. Promote some discussion.

Thats what I think people dont get about The Good Dino, just because it's an animated film doesn't mean it cant have actual content.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No worries buddy, wasn't specifically directed at you, I was just musing about people in general. I agree with many of your points above.

I've heard tons of people say they didn't like it. Different strokes for different folks! I think it's great for Pixar to make some movies like this that are a bit polarizing. Promote some discussion.

Thats what I think people dont get about The Good Dino, just because it's an animated film doesn't mean it cant have actual content.

Pixar is one my favorite studios. So, I root for them with every film. Brave was the last great one for me with Monsters University being very good. I am really looking forward to Finding Dory and the sequel to The Incredibles.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Pixar is one my favorite studios. So, I root for them with every film. Brave was the last great one for me with Monsters University being very good. I am really looking forward to Finding Dory and the sequel to The Incredibles.

Me too!!! I was actually embarrassed at the time how much I liked the Incredibles. lol I left that theater smiling bigger than any of the kids :D Have been looking forward to the sequel for a long time!

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me too!!! I was actually embarrassed at the time how much I liked the Incredibles. lol I left that theater smiling bigger than any of the kids :D Have been looking forward to the sequel for a long time!

I heard a rumor from a a buddy of mine that Disney upon re-release of Pixar films will be adding Dolby Atmos and DTSX. I can't imagine how awesome The Incredibles or some of other Pixar releases would be in the new sound format.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was Inside Out. It was OK but so overrated IMO. In fact, my little one usually enjoys Pixar films so much that she wants every toy associated with it after. She didn't and to date has not asked for a single toy from that movie. When we went to see the movie, I had never seen so many kids in the theater all over the place not paying attention. I think the adults enjoyed it more than the kids. To me..it's probably the most unbalanced Pixar movie to date (content for kids vs adults).

Do you think it's the movie, or the child is getting older?

I didn't love Inside Out myself either

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think it's the movie, or the child is getting older?

I didn't love Inside Out myself either

My daughter has watched several animated movies this past year and this is the only one I can remember where she and other kids in the theater were that antsy. It wasn't just her. There were kids throughout the theater getting out of their seats and everything. I have never seen that in a Pixar movie before. The last time I has seen that many kids up was during the Smurfs movie.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely agree with everything you have said here. And the "acid trip" was a hoot!

4 out of 5 stars for me.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
After seeing it, I can see what's really going on here lol. Only took a little digging to see what demographics the complaints were coming from here and what kindof regular content the websites usually publish. I think the issues that demographic had with this movie was less about it being sad and more about the (Brown non-Christian antics) at the beginning and the evolution "propaganda" throughout lol[emoji64]

I thought it was really good. Propaganda and Hinduism superheroes and all! :)

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After seeing it, I can see what's really going on here lol. Only took a little digging to see what demographics the complaints were coming from here and what kindof regular content the websites usually publish. I think the issues that demographic had with this movie was less about it being sad and more about the (Brown non-Christian antics) at the beginning and the evolution "propaganda" throughout lol[emoji64]

I thought it was really good. Propaganda and Hinduism superheroes and all! :)

yeah the short at the beginning had many of us puzzled even being used to Pixar doing that. We were all wondering what does that have to do with dinosaurs until we realized it was a short.

And a good short too, nice message that really had nothing to do with religion.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah the short at the beginning had many of us puzzled even being used to Pixar doing that. We were all wondering what does that have to do with dinosaurs until we realized it was a short.

And a good short too, nice message that really had nothing to do with religion.

Agreed. :thumbup:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Wasn't a fan of this one. The boys (5 and 4) said they liked it, but they didn't seem into it and haven't talked about it since. Same with Inside Out.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this the other night, was surprised, enjoyable movie. The Hallucination scene was hilarious.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard