The GOLAAAAAAAAAAZO Thread

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A thread to keep any goals you find impressive or shareworthy.

Lets start it off with the FIFA 2011 Puskas Goal of the Year nominees:

Which should win according to the criteria? :

It should be a beautiful goal (subjective — the spread of goals should include long-range shots, team goals, overhead kicks, individual plays, etc.).

The importance of the match should be taken into account (objective — limited to "A" international teams, confederation championships and national top-division club matches: the more important the goal, the better).

The goal should not be the result of luck, mistakes or a deflection by a teammate or the other team.

The goal should support fair play, i.e. the player should not have behaved badly in the game or have been charged with doping, for example.

Vote on the official ballot here

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although it pains me to say, that Dos Santos goal was the most impressive goal of the year. Amazing bit of skill and touch.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take everything after the = sign in your link, and wrap it in the youtube code

[ youtube]
2ldyqhIk55s
[/youtube]

without the space of course. All on one line.

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hmm, that Newcastle goal was a great free kick, but you see a good dozen that good every year.

The Dos Santos one was good I agree, but I think it was more down to inept defending. He didn't have to actually beat anyone.

The Messi and Neymar goals were true skill. Stankovic's volley was also pretty amazing.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hmm, that Newcastle goal was a great free kick, but you see a good dozen that good every year.

The Dos Santos one was good I agree, but I think it was more down to inept defending. He didn't have to actually beat anyone.

The Messi and Neymar goals were true skill. Stankovic's volley was also pretty amazing.

Oh, I just had to put the Newcastle one up there for the Sunderland fans :D I agree that you see a good bunch of free kicks every year.

OP
OP
Shzm13

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know this is the golazo thread, but this pass from Adam Johnson is simply exquisite:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks DCR, but I can't get rid of the rest of the link now! lol

You only need after the equal sign. Delete everything before it.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
I was just about to post that one. It was a hell of a goal. Great pass, great strike.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave