Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Gentlemen

Release Date: January 24, 2020
Studio: STX Films
Director: Guy Ritchie
MPAA Rating: R (for violence, language throughout, sexual references and drug content)
Screenwriters: Guy Ritchie, Marn Davies, Ivan Atkinson
Genre: Comedy, Action

Starring: Matthew McConaughey, Henry Golding, Kate Beckinsale, Hugh Grant, Lynn Renee

Plot Summary: The Gentlemen (formerly titled Toff Guys) follows American expat Mickey Pearson (McConaughey) who built a highly profitable marijuana empire in London. When word gets out that he’s looking to cash out of the business forever it triggers plots, schemes, bribery and blackmail in an attempt to steal his domain out from under him.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This was great, a big tune return to form for Guy Ritchie and a suitable companion to Lock, Stock and Snatch.

only issue is that there might have been too many stars in it, but that’s a nitpick. One of those stars, Colin Farrell, stole every scene he was in. Honestly one of my favorite performances by him.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was great, a big tune return to form for Guy Ritchie and a suitable companion to Lock, Stock and Snatch.

only issue is that there might have been too many stars in it, but that’s a nitpick. One of those stars, Colin Farrell, stole every scene he was in. Honestly one of my favorite performances by him.

OK, I was debating on this. I might see this now because of the above. Thanks for the mini-review.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just didn’t like this as much as the first two Richie films.

The structure of the narrative wasn’t pleasurable for me I think.

I would put this 4th below RockNRolla as well (I don’t even recall Revolver tbh) in his caper comedy ensemble catalog).

Luciano

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just didn’t like this as much as the first two Richie films.

The structure of the narrative wasn’t pleasurable for me I think.

I would put this 4th below RockNRolla as well (I don’t even recall Revolver tbh) in his caper comedy ensemble catalog).

I don' remember RockNRolla and Revolver, I will have to watch them again.
I like this one. Not as good as Lock & Stock and Snatch but still pretty good. Watched on the plane from Paris to LAX I have to watch it again on my not very big tv.

I worked with a British officer on a ship that had the same demeanor as Raymond.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

This was incredible. Makes me want to rewatch Snatch. Yeah, Farrell was perfect.