The game is done...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What's important now is that we don't become "The same old Cardinals" and choke the rest of the year.

We absolutely have to bounce back and beat the Niners. We can't afford two consecutive losses, especially against a team that's playing poorly. Got to shake it off and show what we are made of.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not gonna happen. Too much momentum. Green will take heat for the next 10 days and come back ready for redemption. We will get Hudson back and the OL will stabilize and the shell shocked Jones will settle. Ability to stop the run? No freaking idea.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not gonna happen. Too much momentum. Green will take heat for the next 10 days and come back ready for redemption. We will get Hudson back and the OL will stabilize and the shell shocked Jones will settle. Ability to stop the run? No freaking idea.

I'm glad we have the 10 days. If this was a Sunday night game I'd be more concerned as will take a few days to get heads on right.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad we have the 10 days. If this was a Sunday night game I'd be more concerned as will take a few days to get heads on right.
Watching Kyler splayed out on the field after the INT, you could just see a player in disbelief. Disbelief that he lost. That guy EXPECTED to win the entire time. Thats how teams move forward from games like this. We havent had that vibe since I stared watching, albeit briefly in the Warner years. I never even felt that expectation of success from the team during Palmers time.

These are heady times. I LOL'ed last night, and hit the hay. Slept like a baby.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching Kyler splayed out on the field after the INT, you could just see a player in disbelief. Disbelief that he lost. That guy EXPECTED to win the entire time. Thats how teams move forward from games like this. We havent had that vibe since I stared watching, albeit briefly in the Warner years. I never even felt that expectation of success from the team during Palmers time.

It's easy to put this all on Green considering it was right there to be won. Imagine how AJ Green feels.

But we lost this because we gave them 10 points on short field turnovers. We don't do that and we win comfortably.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

You do know that babies wake up often, and cry a lot when they do. Hang in there things will get better.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Interested to see how our interior OL, DL, AJ and Rondale respond… as they were the reasons we lost
I was so incandescent with rage over Rondale Moore, and with our coaches for not benching his stupid, loafing ass. You don't get smacked on a fair catch...yet he cringed from contact. Then, after clearly feeling the ball hit his fingers, he held his hands up and pretended nothing happened INSTEAD OF TRYING TO RECOVER THE EFFING FUMBLE!!! Are you kidding me? Are you so utterly STUPID as to think replay will be fooled by your "I didn't touch it" gestures? Inexcusable. No effort there, no heart. In that moment, I wanted our 2nd-round pick back. I at least wanted him to ride the pine on special teams after that.

But, no, let's put him back in there to make ANOTHER mistake and pin us deep on a kickoff return out of the end zone. So, yeah, now you bench him, right? No, because that would be smart. Just trot him out there to do it AGAIN!!! Ugh. What a frustrating loss. Moore was an absolute DOG in that game last night, no question.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's easy to put this all on Green considering it was right there to be won. Imagine how AJ Green feels.

But we lost this because we gave them 10 points on short field turnovers. We don't do that and we win comfortably.
Agreed.Maybe Im not doing well making my point. Kyler looked like a man possessed on that drive. He knew in his bones we were going to win. I love it. Sometimes it doesnt happen. But man, that "No sweat, I got this" vibe he is developing is awesome.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was so incandescent with rage over Rondale Moore, and with our coaches for not benching his stupid, loafing ass. You don't get smacked on a fair catch...yet he cringed from contact. Then, after clearly feeling the ball hit his fingers, he held his hands up and pretended nothing happened INSTEAD OF TRYING TO RECOVER THE EFFING FUMBLE!!! Are you kidding me? Are you so utterly STUPID as to think replay will be fooled by your "I didn't touch it" gestures? Inexcusable. No effort there, no heart. In that moment, I wanted our 2nd-round pick back. I at least wanted him to ride the pine on special teams after that.

But, no, let's put him back in there to make ANOTHER mistake and pin us deep on a kickoff return out of the end zone. So, yeah, now you bench him, right? No, because that would be smart. Just trot him out there to do it AGAIN!!! Ugh. What a frustrating loss. Moore was an absolute DOG in that game last night, no question.
He was totally in another world last night

I agree with you that the coaches should have pulled him in the return game

What was he thinking making all those mistakes?

The were basic mistakes that he should have instincts by now not to do

Strange indeed

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The 10 days are important for our health but virtually every coach abd player in the history of sports usually say they want to get back on the field ASAP after an awful loss. You don’t want it festering mentally. I think the layoff is bad for aj burrows.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I don’t know if we can say that bc it changes the whole game flow. Not turning it over wouldn’t have changed the fact that out offense wasn’t working or that our defense was getting run over consistently in the first half. Would it have made it less likely we lose? Sure. But your assessment that we win comfortably is faulty in its reasoning.

That said I was told all off season it’s joe burrows fault. So that’s what I’m going with.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yup. I hope he walks away from that game with the understanding that he’s not bigger than the game and that the nfl is a different beast than college. He’s gotten away with running backwards a few times this season due to his speed, but last night proved his speed isn’t always going to work. He needs to grow smarter as a result of last night. A LOT smarter.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting Hudson back will be HUGE!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Agreed.Maybe Im not doing well making my point. Kyler looked like a man possessed on that drive. He knew in his bones we were going to win. I love it. Sometimes it doesnt happen. But man, that "No sweat, I got this" vibe he is developing is awesome.
Yup you surround him with smart talented motivated players he will take you places. Last night he was playing with two dumb-dumbs in Rondale and aj. And he still almost got us there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Getting Hudson back will be HUGE!
I don’t know why everyone is assuming that’s for next game. He’s just eligible to come off IR. That doesn’t mean he’s ready. And I haven’t heard anyone say he is.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why everyone is assuming that’s for next game. He’s just eligible to come off IR. That doesn’t mean he’s ready. And I haven’t heard anyone say he is.
Maybe it's just an assumption, but it seems like that's the road local radio is leading us down.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I know I'm biased, right, but I've mentioned a few times that Kyler has one last gear that he switches to when his team is down. I'm completely serious. I saw it a few times in his OU days. In the TX game, and then against Alabama in the playoff game. It's really difficult to describe, but it's like he just drank five redbulls or something similar.

Losing is such an anthemia to him. It's what gives me just as much hope for him (and us) as does his physical talent.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It's not like we were out-talented last night. More like we played poorly (and Moore played especially poorly haha).

Like the long pass to Dhop where he got the facemask. I know we still scored on the drive, but its like we finally had a game where a lot of the little things went wrong.

Despite that, we still had great chance to win. So there's still hope.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
1. Hope Rondale learns from his mistake, and I think he will.
2. Hope our ST's don't run another kick out of the end zone, for the rest of the year.
3. Game showed me how good D-Hop is, even when he's far less than 100%.
4. Considering he's the third string center, I thought Sean Harlow was a pleasant surprise.
5. Just going by stats (I can't judge the DL) I think that Dogbe should play more.
6. Zach Allen looks like our best DL-man. JMO.
7. How well we do in our next game (SF) will depend on who can play (injuries from last night).
8. We lost but I think the NFL fandom 'know' that Arizona is a VG team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave