"The Four Horsemen" WR stats and projections

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
*Sorry couldnt find a picture of Hop with them, but this is still a great pic*
You must be registered for see images attach

Christian Kirk 15 catches 239 yards 2 tds (80 catches 1271 yards 11 tds) :oops:
Rondale Moore 13 catches 183 yards 1 td (69 catches 976 yards 5 tds)
AJ Green 10 catches 181 yards 1 td (53 catches 965 yards 5 tds)
DeAndre Hopkins 13 catches 158 yards 3 tds (69 catches 843 yards 16 tds) obviously expect his yards to go up but I'd take the TDs :Dold

Of course we have to see what they do in division (particularly against the Rams/49ers) but its promising. Big test next week.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
*Sorry couldnt find a picture of Hop with them, but this is still a great pic*
You must be registered for see images attach

Christian Kirk 15 catches 239 yards 2 tds (80 catches 1271 yards 11 tds) :oops:
Rondale Moore 13 catches 183 yards 1 td (69 catches 976 yards 5 tds)
AJ Green 10 catches 181 yards 1 td (53 catches 965 yards 5 tds)
DeAndre Hopkins 13 catches 158 yards 3 tds (69 catches 843 yards 16 tds) obviously expect his yards to go up but I'd take the TDs :Dold

Of course we have to see what they do in division (particularly against the Rams/49ers) but its promising. Big test next week.
Mainly against the Rams. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t exploit SF’s weak secondary.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Mainly against the Rams. I’ll be disappointed if we don’t exploit SF’s weak secondary.
One huge reason I think we should be in 10 or 11 personnel almost exclusively. So many teams have bad secondaries and we have a pretty decent WR corp. Between Hop, Green, Kirk, Moore, Maxx, Edmonds and Conner I feel like we have guys who can consistently win in space.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The DLine is just Bosa & friends. Nothing to what it was in 2019. I’d argue the Titans & Vikes’ DLines are better.
Ehhh..we'll see. Hope you're right. Im trying to not be fooled by Rodgers greatness. He was dealing. And even he had just 219 yards passing until that 30 second drive.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The DLine is just Bosa & friends. Nothing to what it was in 2019. I’d argue the Titans & Vikes’ DLines are better.

I think they're better than that but bosa is definitely the best pass rusher. Armstead and Kinlaw are both first rounders but they're more run defenders than pass rushers. Armstead had 10 sacks in 2019 on that great DL but only 3.5 last year and the only sack he has this year was a total coverage sack. Looks like a pro bowler tall and well built but save one season has not come close to being a pass rusher.

Against the Rams we're going to have to throw it quickly especially if we have all 3 or 2 of the 3 starters out next week too. Jones held up nicely at RT but can we count on Harlow and Max to hold up that well against the Rams and 49ers I don't know so hopefully we get Pugh and Murray back.

Pugh apparently got hurt trying to tackle Agnew on the missed FG!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Contender or pretender.

I’m still in the pretender room.
I feel like we are a playoff team in a really tough division which is about the best I expected before the season. Kyler and Vance are the two things keeping us from being a Super Bowl contender right now.

Before anyone jumps on this regarding Kyler, there is just no way he outduels Brady, Rodgers, or Stafford at this point. He 100% can get better over the course of the year and change this, but he is still too jittery in clean pockets and is way too impatient right now. Also, I feel like he still relies on Kliff's playcalls too much. Basically, there is a polish to QB play that you need to be a Super Bowl contender that Kyler doesn't have yet.

Vance is an issue because he can't scheme a blitz and our secondary while playing good is not talented enough to really lock teams down with their fundamentals. Everyone if too new playing with each other. Maybe that chemistry will develop but good schemes and QBs will pick us apart.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I feel like we are a playoff team in a really tough division which is about the best I expected before the season. Kyler and Vance are the two things keeping us from being a Super Bowl contender right now.

Before anyone jumps on this regarding Kyler, there is just no way he outduels Brady, Rodgers, or Stafford at this point. He 100% can get better over the course of the year and change this, but he is still too jittery in clean pockets and is way too impatient right now. Also, I feel like he still relies on Kliff's playcalls too much. Basically, there is a polish to QB play that you need to be a Super Bowl contender that Kyler doesn't have yet.

Vance is an issue because he can't scheme a blitz and our secondary while playing good is not talented enough to really lock teams down with their fundamentals. Everyone if too new playing with each other. Maybe that chemistry will develop but good schemes and QBs will pick us apart.
Lol so Kyler is keeping us from being a Super Bowl contender and not Kliff? You go off the rails with posts like this.

If anything ALL 3 are why will or wont be super bowl contenders.

Edit: I didnt read the rest, but I still kinda feel like I didnt have to. McVay got Goff to a Super Bowl.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He 100% can outduel any QB any given game, the biggest issue we have by far is KK is a sorry coach.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol so Kyler is keeping us from being a Super Bowl contender and not Kliff? You go off the rails with posts like this.

Edit: I didnt read the rest, but I still kinda feel like I didnt have to. McVay got Goff to a Super Bowl.
Kliff is a given… Nothing he said about Kyler is really wrong. Do you know the only two QBs that have more ints then Kyler this year so far?? Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson… Thats some pretty bad company. Yes he’s a star and an incredible talent. But he needs to improve A LOT In overall decision making. No matter how much you guys try to excuse it. Every experts says the number one crippling thing for a team is TO‘s.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler is taking more shots downfield compared to his previous seasons. We all wanted that. INT numbers going up because of that was a given. It's risk, reward and, so far, the reward outweighs the risks. If we continue to put up 30+ points fairly consistently, and have a playoff season, then who cares about the ints other than football nerds?

That said, he is plenty aware that he needs to get even better. He has said it every week so far, for crissakes. If you look at completion % he has gotten a little better each game.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kliff is a given… Nothing he said about Kyler is really wrong. Do you know the only two QBs that have more ints then Kyler this year so far?? Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson… Thats some pretty bad company. Yes he’s a star and an incredible talent. But he needs to improve A LOT.
Do you know how many QBs have more TDs than Kyler Murray?

Tom Brady. Who also happens to have one less turnover than Kyler as well.

I'd argue the int against the Jags (which was terrible) was his only real bad decision on ints. I dont like the other ints either, but that was product of a great play by the defender, a poor throw and a facemask. If the ints continue to pile up then sure thats an issue. However, the Jags int is only one where he looked confused about something.

Sure I'd like him to be more calm in the pocket, but thats only because we face the Rams. I think we can beat the Packers and maybe even the Bucs with current Kyler. Heck he sliced that Bucs defense up (which features most of the same guys) in 2019.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I agree, even as Captain of Team Murray.

Even on some of Murray's biggest highlight plays of the season where he leaves the pocket, most of the time the play would have been available from the pocket.

My issues with Kliff are almost 100% game management issue. He sucks at it, but he can design plays and call plays. Ideally he's really just a good offensive coordinator and not a head coach.

As you have stated over and over, we don't know what the play call was on any given play. Fans tend to blame every failure on Kliff and every success is attributed to Murray. What I have seen from Murray is a cavalier attitude towards throwing the ball downfield. Every interception he has thrown this season was 100% his fault, and on every interception, there was clearly an open receiver that would have moved the chains. That means the scheme is working.

I think Vance's defenses are solid for the most part schematically, but like you said, his blitzes rarely catch a team off guard. He also seems too late to adjust his defense to what the offense is doing. Todd Bowles was great at both of these things. He seemed to be able to adjust after a bad defensive series and get the team back on track.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He 100% can outduel any QB any given game, the biggest issue we have by far is KK is a sorry coach.
This is Facts!!! 1000%. He can outduel and out play any QB in the league. Reading some of the posts here is insane really. We are complaining about KK and he has the Cardinals with the number rated offense and tied for most points scored in the NFL. And Minnesota whipped up on Seattle. Baltimore should have lost to Detroit. I mean you guys are complaining about KK and Kiem and we are winning games with talented players. We use!!! To be The Giants, the Jets, Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington, and now look at the Steelers. I mean we have a tough schedule but let’s see what we do the next 3 weeks before we call us pretenders. Kyler makes 1 or 2 bad plays. So does Lamar Jackson and now Mahomes too. Dude over threw a receiver on a pass he should have never attempted with under 2 minutes to go in a tie game. This board would have broken if Kyler made that throw. There was a caller on a XM radio station making fun of a Cardinals fan board saying that KK should have been fired at half time . The host called it idiotic. We avg almost 35 points a game and we have played 2 teams that are legit in the Titans and Vikings

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I should clarify a bit. I feel like Kliff has less impact on the offensive success of the team than Kyler which is why I left Kliff out. I feel the same way about most top level NFL QBs. Andy Reid is great, but Mahomes has more impact on their offensive success. Same with Bruce and Brady. Lafluer and Rodgers.

That said, Kliff will impact with situational coaching decisions and crap like the field goal would definitely sabotage our chances.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
This is Facts!!! 1000%. He can outduel and out play any QB in the league. Reading some of the posts here is insane really. We are complaining about KK and he has the Cardinals with the number rated offense and tied for most points scored in the NFL. And Minnesota whipped up on Seattle. Baltimore should have lost to Detroit. I mean you guys are complaining about KK and Kiem and we are winning games with talented players. We use!!! To be The Giants, the Jets, Detroit, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington, and now look at the Steelers. I mean we have a tough schedule but let’s see what we do the next 3 weeks before we call us pretenders. Kyler makes 1 or 2 bad plays. So does Lamar Jackson and now Mahomes too. Dude over threw a receiver on a pass he should have never attempted with under 2 minutes to go in a tie game. This board would have broken if Kyler made that throw. There was a caller on a XM radio station making fun of a Cardinals fan board saying that KK should have been fired at half time . The host called it idiotic. We avg almost 35 points a game and we have played 2 teams that are legit in the Titans and Vikings
Yep! well said.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And the Rams got rid of Goff because of this. A coach or scheme can only do so much. You need a top level QB who can get you into the right plays and out of the wrong plays to really compete. You need a QB who can execute when the defense knows you are passing because it is a defined passing situation. You need a QB who can throw teams out of their defensive scheme, vertical or underneath. Red zone, third down, four minute offense, and two minute offense all are more about your QB than the person calling the play.

Tom Brady's greatest ability as a QB is to know exactly what type of game he needs to play in order for his team to in. He knows when he needs to throw it 40 times being the hero and he knows when he needs to throw it 25 and play a part.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To go even further on my post. We played awful. Gave up a miraculous play and trailed by 9. And never panicked. We use to lose these games. Not only did we win. We covered!!! We scored 24 points in the 2nd half and still had 430 yards. And we played conservative in the first half. We trailed against Minnesota and battled back when the Vikings were playing tough!! We adjusted. We changed it up and we won. FG miss or not. We usually lose those games. We don’t anymore. Will we beat the Rams ? I’m not sure. But I bet it’s a good game. I bet we make it a close competitive game. And if we do win. One can argue we will be the best team in the NFL except 90% of the fans on here. And I have been a fan since I was 7 and I’m 52. So I have seen the worse. We are a very good team. And KK scheme is impressive. How many of you have said why did Kyler make that throw he had 2 WRs wide open. We have WR wide open everywhere a lot. KK does make some bone headed choices but I’m all honesty I’m ok with that because that means his ceiling is even higher. And right now with bone headed decisions and not being at his best. We lead the league in offense and scoring which is what we brought him here to do. He actually deserves more credit. But you guys want him fired. Lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the Rams got rid of Goff because of this. A coach or scheme can only do so much. You need a top level QB who can get you into the right plays and out of the wrong plays to really compete. You need a QB who can execute when the defense knows you are passing because it is a defined passing situation. You need a QB who can throw teams out of their defensive scheme, vertical or underneath. Red zone, third down, four minute offense, and two minute offense all are more about your QB than the person calling the play.

Tom Brady's greatest ability as a QB is to know exactly what type of game he needs to play in order for his team to in. He knows when he needs to throw it 40 times being the hero and he knows when he needs to throw it 25 and play a part.

Agreed but I don't think they got rid of Goff because of getting into the right plays, Goff is smart, if he were a Patriot they'd call him "wicked Smaht", what he isn't is a guy who makes big plays. He's not weak armed but what Stafford does is go for the big play. he had 3 shots at Jackson yesterday the first 2 weren't there he missed short on one, but the 3rd one was perfect. I think Goff maybe takes 1 of those 3 shots he's just always been "afraid" to take those shots.

Stafford has a great arm always has but he also is willing to make tough throws and take the shots and that's what the Rams wanted and weren't getting from Goff.

With the Lions because they weren't good he had to take shots so you could get him in trouble and pick him. he got better he hasn't had more than 11 picks since 2016, but with the Rams the scheme is better and the overall talent is better(no Megatron but he's got talented Wr's) and suddenly he's sitting there with 9 TD's and 1 pick looking like an MVP.

I've always felt what Brady does best besides lead, is just get the ball to the open guy. he doesn't care who it is he won't play favorites he finds the mismatch and exploits it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose