"The Four Horsemen" WR stats and projections

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree a bit with this. Teams rush their ends at Kyler to keep him in the pocket. a bootleg or rollout rolls him right into that containment rush.

You can make an argument for a playaction boot but that is something done from under C which we don't do enough to look normal.

Yep if they didn't have Donald in the middle I think you could expect 1-2 times where we run that same play the Bucs did with Godwin for the TD. That play worked because he cut it back they were so concerned with him going wide the middle was open and they blocked it.

You know they're going to try and contain Kyler wide so he hands off to a Wr going inside but to make it work you have to get donald blocked.

Actually twice in that game Tampa tried to run a middle screen to Gronk, once he LB held him and it wasn't called the other time the timing was all mucked up and Brady just threw it away. I think it's clear Tampa felt they can take advantage of how active Donald is get him to take himself out of plays and then go right at where he left.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
If we have the ability to run with power, this is the time to apply it, i don’t see our receivers as the hideous four horsemen, though I think all 4 can crap a 100yard game each week, because they have! pick your poison. just think connor can run produce 1/2 second extra with sustained carries , chase cannot - our unicorn knows what to do with a 1/2 second, much more then can Stafford can do with the same amount of time. But we won’t, seems 11 carries each is the peaak of our play callers rushing ability.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Core is pretty scary outside Green's early drops.

Im sure Kyler probably checked down on some open wrs downfield. I know I saw Hopkins running free for a potential TD.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The biggest development is Kyler checking down to Maxx or Edmonds. He didn't do that before, he scrambled or threw an incompletion or an INT. It's been a huge step forward.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Expect a few clips of Kirk being open. Dont let his stats fool you. One time he was open for a TD, but Kyler saw him late and then Donald was closing in.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s amazing how many fans can examine replays, still shots and what not then criticize where the ball should have went with the benefit of not having 6000 lbs. of beef flailing away around them looking to take your head off. Not to mention you have about 2.0 seconds to make a decision.
4-0 and averaging 35 pts. A game. Enjoy. Every qb in every game “ misses” an open receiver now and then.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I remember saying in the off-season that we would have a top 5 receiving core and being laughed at lol.
Yup. I did a lot of that cackling, I'll admit, and so far, you look pretty darn prescient. To be fair, Keim took some ginormous gambles that all seem to be paying off at the same time. That's a terrible strategy to build a team, but hey, if it's working...

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yup. I did a lot of that cackling, I'll admit, and so far, you look pretty darn prescient. To be fair, Keim took some ginormous gambles that all seem to be paying off at the same time. That's a terrible strategy to build a team, but hey, if it's working...
Can you imagine if the money spent on the trash cans that are Phillips and Kennard had actually bolstered our front 7….

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you imagine if the money spent on the trash cans that are Phillips and Kennard had actually bolstered our front 7….
Is it too much to ask for Phillips just to give us half a season over the last two years. Big presence who can get a push in the middle of the field could really elevate this D to an elite level.

They’re a pretty solid bend but don’t break D as is, but they could start straight breaking offenses with him as the anchor in the middle.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kennard sucks but I don’t think he’s absolutely useless like Phillips. I don’t think the DL will improve even with him back.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think that to move the needle as a team, you have to take some risks.

I know I said this all offseason, if you looked at the Bengals tape last year, you came away saying "Man, Burrow threw ducks at AJ Green." I'll take a calculated risk on a seven time Pro Bowler.

It's funny because even after the Titans game, people were still saying we should have signed Curtis Samuel. Curtis Samuel can't hold AJ Green's jockstrap.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it too much to ask for Phillips just to give us half a season over the last two years. Big presence who can get a push in the middle of the field could really elevate this D to an elite level.

They’re a pretty solid bend but don’t break D as is, but they could start straight breaking offenses with him as the anchor in the middle.
I’d like this 100 times if I could.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good to see that the regular whiners on this board (see page 1) are being proven wrong. Murray is exactly what some of us said from day 1. He’s a special talent, a difference maker, and a winner. Continue to give him weapons & get out of his way. No one is perfect in the NFL, and everyone must strive for improvement. That includes K1. So many criticized his ability or inability on intermediate throws. His success in the 10-20 range has been meteoric from year 1 to the current year. The old timers on this board like myself have NEVER seen anyone do this for the Cardinals, and the newbies may never see it again after Murray. Enjoy the moment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose