The fallout injury wise from this game is scary

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rondale Moore is getting the Byron Murphy treatment.

I'm guessing some guys here have been happily married for 30 years but will kick the wife out the first time she burns a meal.

Moore has been great so far. He had 2 bad plays. It happens. The kid is 21 years old and playing his first prime time game. He's human.

I want everyone here to imagine doing your job on live TV watched by 20 million and imagine how well you might do first time.

It was a tough way to lose but Moore is going to be great and it's just one game.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm guessing some guys here have been happily married for 30 years but will kick the wife out the first time she burns a meal.

Moore has been great so far. He had 2 bad plays. It happens. The kid is 21 years old and playing his first prime time game. He's human.

I want everyone here to imagine doing your job on live TV watched by 20 million and imagine how well you might do first time.

It was a tough way to lose but Moore is going to be great and it's just one game.
I guess my point was unclear. Moore is getting pigeonholed by the coaching staff as and underneath guy like Murphy was pigeonholed as a slot guy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess my point was unclear. Moore is getting pigeonholed by the coaching staff as and underneath guy like Murphy was pigeonholed as a slot guy.

Oh yeah then it was unclear :)

I thought you was going for the "Murphy sucks and was a wasted pick" slant!

Hoping Kliff uses that. Now everyone thinks he's an under guy start using him over the top.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Oh yeah then it was unclear :)

I thought you was going for the "Murphy sucks and was a wasted pick" slant!

Hoping Kliff uses that. Now everyone thinks he's an under guy start using him over the top.
Russ points out the wheel route option for Moore which I feel would be smart. I also feel like he has the speed to run an over route from the opposite slot and get behind the safety. Those routes do take more time which our line doesn't always provide.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I don’t understand is the guy is fast as lightning and they almost never ask him to take the top off the defense. Keep using him as a gadget player.
100% agree. The guy is fast and can cut on a dime but we don’t use him as a vertical or deeper crossing routes very much, sideways or decoy only. I would bet he would beat his man deep more than not, at the least it opens up the middle of the field

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
100% agree. The guy is fast and can cut on a dime but we don’t use him as a vertical or deeper crossing routes very much, sideways or decoy only. I would bet he would beat his man deep more than not, at the least it opens up the middle of the field
Cards using him like he’s Tayvon Austin.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Depth might be the most important thing in today's NFL. Especially in the D and O lines. You gotta be able to stop the run, so you gotta have at least 6 quality D linemen. And likewise, you gotta be able to protect your QB, as well as run the ball. So, gotta be able to swap Olinemen without much of a deterioration in quality.

Obviously, we are shy on both those areas. Maybe we are paying too much for a couple of them to where we can't afford strong backups.

I think in today's NFL you have to really rethink paying top dollar for any one player outside of QB. It is like those fantasy players in auction drafts who spend 75% of their money on 2 or 3 players. I never like putting all my eggs in so few baskets.

I just did a quick research of player injuries per position and a report for 5 years ago showed that on average players at every position miss roughly 2 games per year. That is the standard across the board with the least injured by a slim margin being QBs and Olinemen.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thursday night football is the dumbest flipping idea.
Yes. They should trash it. NFL acts like they're all concerned about player safety, but trot guys out every Thursday on just a few days rest.
They really need to get rid of Thursday night football
Again they have done studies and it shows that nfl players are less than 1% more likely to be injured on Thursday night football in its current format then any given Sunday. So with numbers like that sounds like people are making it more then it ACTUALLY is.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like TNF games should never consist of teams in the same conference. Really insane to me that even divisional games take place on it.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Some of the trainers are calling it the COVID factor. Last year was so abnormal in conditioning that it seems most every sport has above normal injury levels. They’re also scared to death of what condition teams will be in after 17 games. Just think survival of the fittest.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again they have done studies and it shows that nfl players are less than 1% more likely to be injured on Thursday night football in its current format then any given Sunday. So with numbers like that sounds like people are making it more then it ACTUALLY is.
That is all well and good except for those few extra guys who are injured.

Is there really any good reason, competitively, for Thursday Night Football to exist? Did we all live just fine without it before it started? Could the league, players and fans survive if it went away?

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
That is all well and good except for those few extra guys who are injured.

Is there really any good reason, competitively, for Thursday Night Football to exist? Did we all live just fine without it before it started? Could the league, players and fans survive if it went away?

I would be fine with there not being NFL games on Thursday